Visit site
✟27,610.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Was it Etiquette in 19th c Russia ! No it was not !

:D

Gorion,

God knows your heart :pray:

I think it would bring us all joy and happiness both here at TAW, in the Church militant, and the Church triumphant if this is truly your desire. May God continue to guide you in your journey to the Holy Orthodox Church :clap: :clap: :clap:

Upvote 0

MariaRegina

Jun 26, 2003
Visit site
✟115,460.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
gorion said:
Since I have withdrawn my membership at my former church and will become a catechumen on sunday, when would it be appropriate for me to change my insignia next to my name? I don't want to offend anyone.

Welcome home, Gorion.

May God bless you and guide you into all truth.

Know that I, an unworthy sinner, will pray for you.

Upvote 0

gorion

Sinner
May 31, 2004
Western Washington
✟15,681.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
I am very much looking forward to my journey as it is laid out in front of me. I see so much beauty in the Orthodox faith already and I know that I don't really know anything yet.

I just read The River of Fire today and enjoyed it thoroughly. I feel like a dry sponge ready to absorb all I can drink in.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
R

Rilian

gorion said:
I feel like a dry sponge ready to absorb all I can drink in.

Get ready for the deluge gorion! I'm normally alternating between three different books at any one time these days. We go to church, I tell myself I'm not even going to look at the book table, and I always come home with something.

Congratulations and I look forward to hearing how things go for you.

Upvote 0

Photini

Gone.
Jun 24, 2003
✟18,808.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Rilian said:
. We go to church, I tell myself I'm not even going to look at the book table, and I always come home with something.

Me too....and I go to the little bookstore knowing that the exact same books are there that were there last week, but I always go back searching for a new one. Well, now that my godmother (who runs the bookstore) is in Australia for the summer, guess who's in charge of the bookstore....Yup, Yours Truly. Lord have mercy.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

MariaRegina

Jun 26, 2003
Visit site
✟115,460.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
gorion said:
Thank you all for the warm welcome, I look forward to sharing my journey with you anf getting to know you all.

Dear Gorion,

I just noticed your beautiful new avatar. Which saint is it?

Love in Christ,
Elizabeth

Upvote 0

gorion

Sinner
May 31, 2004
Western Washington
✟15,681.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
MosestheBlack said:
GORIOn?!?!??!?!

Catechumen???!?!?!!!!
:wave: Katherine,

I know how much of a shock this must be to you. But sometimes even those who appear to have the stiffest of necks can have open enough hearts and ears to hear the Truth :)

I thank you for your patience with me and probably should thank UWS as well. I just don't really go to that board anymore. It is just too hostile for my own spiritual health. Although without it I probably wouldn't be where I am now either.

It's funny that you mention the suddenness. Because my wife wanted to convert a while back but I was resisting and she kept calling me Jonah. :D

Thanks again for your faithfulness and keep it up, you never know who you might have an affect on.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.