Visit site
✟21,967.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The way I see it, God made us creative like He is. We have a God-given need to express ourselves. And I don't believe God would limit us to what "canvas" we could paint on...

Here is an interesting verse: "Place me like a seal over your heart, like a seal on your arm; for love is as strong as death, its jealousy unyielding as the grave. It burns like blazing fire, like a mighty flame." The emphasis is mine of course. I like this particular seal:
sacredheart.jpg

Upvote 0

DavidPresently

Jun 29, 2007
Ohio
Visit site
✟16,731.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Rebellion was the original sin. Adam chose his way over God’s. He rebelled

I suppose one could be demonstrating rebellion by getting a tattoo and one could just as easily demonstrate it by judging those who have them.

Personally, I see nothing in scripture that (truly) forbids the practice. I do not foresee ever having either one, but, I attend a church where many do and their (the tats) presence seems to in no way reflect the spirituality of those who have them or as in my case those who do not.

The real issue is the heart.

One man’s flesh feeds on a tattoo

Another man’s flesh feeds on the rule against them.

The flesh does not care as long as it gets to live.

John O.

Excellent way of putting it!

Upvote 0

gratefulgrace

Contributor
Jul 26, 2006
British Columbia
✟32,492.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I have peircings...I have 4 holes in each of my ears...3 of which have grown over (been meaning to get earrings for them...got too busy having kids) So technically I have 2 peircings...one in each ear!

As for tattoos...the only reason I don't have any is because they'd hurt too much getting them and I'm a sookie la la (says she who's given birth 6 times ;) ) My husband has 5 tatts and he has a saying...

"The difference between tattooed people and non-tattooed people is that tattooed people don't care that you DON'T have tattoos"

So really it depends on what kind of tattoos they are and what they represent as to whether I find them acceptable or not.

And...no...it's not rebellion, well no more than getting your ears peirced anyway.
My mom was totally against me getting my ears pierced when I was about 17 so I didn't. However when i was at Bible school I did along with about 4 other classmates. She didn't say a word and it was no biggie. I really couldn't wear ear rings without pierced ears as my lobes are so small. I did have lots of problems when i first got them though. God's judgement perhaps...........:sorry:

Upvote 0

DavidPresently

Jun 29, 2007
Ohio
Visit site
✟16,731.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Are you saying that Bentley was not hypocritical?

~Jim
I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen.
Not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else. ~C.S. Lewis

Is that how you flip the debate away from the actual topic to a side issue of distraction?

Though I probably shouldn't humor that nonsense: No. I never said any such thing.

Upvote 0

DavidPresently

Jun 29, 2007
Ohio
Visit site
✟16,731.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Sorry, but no they are not.

Government rules and authority we are to respect according to our bible.

Just like in times past you aren't dealing with what I actually said but are making up your own version of what was said to debate. We cannot have an intelligent debate on a subject if you do this.

Upvote 0

ARBITER01

Legend
Aug 12, 2007
✟165,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Just like in times past you aren't dealing with what I actually said but are making up your own version of what was said to debate. We cannot have an intelligent debate on a subject if you do this.

This was your question to me,..

If so, then why do you follow the world's rules, traditions, and customs concerning right and wrong or how to live and make decisions?
I asked you are those fleshly practices? This was your answer to me,..

Yes, it is extremely fleshly what the religious do in making up rules based on outward appearances and fleshly judgments.
There is where you changed the subject to being religious when you originally directed your question at me about the world and it's rules, I never changed from your original question, you did.

Just because you steer off the highway doesn't mean I will follow you.

Upvote 0

dreamingflower

May 11, 2008
At my dining table with a cart of devotional books
✟15,485.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I did not vote. If you are using it for God's glory, then by all means it's okay. If you are tatting yourself up with demonic symbols, letters then there is some issue within the spirit.

My friends have versus and pictures of the cross and such. It has people asking and wondering what it is. What a great way to share the gospel :)

Upvote 0

DavidPresently

Jun 29, 2007
Ohio
Visit site
✟16,731.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
This was your question to me,..

I asked you are those fleshly practices? This was your answer to me,..

There is where you changed the subject to being religious when you originally directed your question at me about the world and it's rules, I never changed from your original question, you did.

Just because you steer off the highway doesn't mean I will follow you.

The first issue here we've had before is you not understanding what I'm saying as I intended it.

For example, I have to constantly clarify with you such as this time: Being religious in the sense being used is worldly. I was not changing the subject - world religion is a part of the world system and is fleshly even though the false prophet lying religious spirit makes it seem godly and spiritual. The world system is under 3 primary lying religious antichrist spirits. The "god of this world" is the head and yes, Satan is a very religious spirit, even a condemning legalist accuser of the brethren.

I answered very specifically what I was referring to as fleshly about religiousness - the man-made rules of right and wrong based on the flesh's indulgence of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. Such rules are always about outward appearance and what the flesh does, rather than anything actually spiritual and eternal in nature.

I never said that obedience to authority is fleshly. That is what I am referring to as you getting off track. When we disagreed on issues in other threads you did the same thing, regularly, and I determined through such that an intelligent debate was not possible. You and a few others add to what is said by someone and assume what they mean based on those fictional additions rather than simply what they actually stated. Take Jim's, "Are you saying Todd Bentley is not hypocritical," statement for example of another who does this.

In this case, your fictional addition is that I was saying that obeying government authorities is fleshly. I never said that. It is a debate fallacy you use often when disagreeing with others. Stick to what is stated and stop adding the fictional arguments they never made.

This is the point we are debating; tattoos and piercings. I made the observation that to label is a "right or wrong" issue is fleshly and a result of tree of the knowledge of good and evil corrupted mind thinking. It has nothing to do with spiritual thinking such as God thinks. God does not view this subject like religiously programmed people do.

People want to make this kind of issue a right/wrong and good/evil issue because they're full on the fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. We cannot understand the lawful use of the law and understand things from God's perspective, which is the only true one, until we get off that fruit and are fully consuming and only consuming the fruit of the tree of life. Yes, these are mystical symbolism, but the ones called into the Kingdom at this time get and understand this as they mature in spirit. The functional spirit eyes begin to see things as they really are and the spiritual mind realizes the old carnal mind had everything wrong, twisted, backwards, and upside down.

Until a Christian gets to that point, and still thinks their old corruption infected natural mind sees things clearly and correctly through its religious or other worldly programming, from the temporal death perspective rather than the eternal life perspective, they are not spiritually mature and ready for the meat of the Word.

Paul had much revelation on these things and wrote about such more than any other in Scripture. But, a person will not understand what Paul is talking about on these levels until they too grow in Christ and leave behind the old dead man and his thinking that is corrupt.

Religious people are pro's at white-washing the outside and looking spiritual, godly, and righteous to the rest of the world still thinking and perceiving with natural corrupted minds and eyes. Once that is shed and we put on the mind of Christ and see through spirit eyes full of the life of God, we have an eternal heavenly perspective on things that is entirely different than what we had in the world, even in worldly religion. Transformation in Christ, not religious white-washing and brain programming, is required, not optional.

When this happens, we do not see this tattoo and piercing issue, or any other temporal issue, on the surface level, but concerning what it has to do with eternal things. In this case, it has nothing to do with eternal things, and therefore the correct SPIRITUAL judgment is that it is neither right nor wrong, good nor evil, it simply is what it is and is used however it is used by whoever uses such. A person with a heart of wickedness will use such wickedly because that is all he can do. A person full of Christ righteousness will use such righteously. But, it is the person, even their relation to God, that determines such - not the neutral object, which can be neither good nor evil, having no consciousness or will and being completely lifeless.

Also, only idolaters give lifeless things life by their imaginations. If we imagine that a piercing takes on some life and consciousness giving it will and capability of good or evil, it could be a good clue to us that we need to examine ourselves and see if any wicked way (of idolatry in this case) be in us. If our mind wasn't thinking based on idolatry embedded in it, then we wouldn't imagine lifeless things have life in them. Something to think about.

Reactions: Tamara224
Upvote 0

ARBITER01

Legend
Aug 12, 2007
✟165,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
The first issue here we've had before is you not understanding what I'm saying as I intended it.

That is why I posted that segment out there. People are able to see where you were leading down the wrong track.

Reactions: Deba
Upvote 0

DavidPresently

Jun 29, 2007
Ohio
Visit site
✟16,731.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
That is why I posted that segment out there. People are able to see where you were leading down the wrong track.

Once again, I don't think it was going off track. Religion like the Pharisees and Sadducees practiced, which is still how most religious folk are today, is fleshly and worldly. That was and is relevant to the discussion.

Also, I am not bashing Christianity. I'm exposing religiosity as called and anointed. True Christianity is Christ following, which I participate in. False religious Christianity is not really about following Christ, though it feigns such. It is about slavery under religious spirits that act as taskmasters over the adherents to keep them in darkness and bondage, while deceiving them into thinking they are in the light. This is one third of the primary tactic Satan uses to keep the world in bondage, and is the most subtle and slickest trick of the primary 3.

This is why I stay on this issue: Love. If I didn't love you, because of God's love, then I wouldn't care if those subtle yet very powerfully deceiving religious devils put you and kept you in bondage and carnal religious thinking.

I will continue to bash what Jesus bashes. He hated the bondage of religion the god of the world put his Jewish people in, and he still hates it as much when it is Christian people being put in such bondage.

:thumbsup:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ARBITER01

Legend
Aug 12, 2007
✟165,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
True Christianity is Christ following, which I participate in.

Oh really?

Let's have a look at some of this "Christ following" you do on those blog posts you have on your website,..

Recently at a camping trip we hosted called Open Heaven Camp Meeting in Hueston Woods, Ohio, we got so intoxicated on the wine of God’s covenant with us in Christ, we were put into what some have termed a Jesus Trip. We were trippin’, to put it plainly.

Those of us in that level of intoxication began running through the open meadow near the tents, frolicking in the moonlight, playing with angelic beings. This wasn’t for some of us a, “Hey, let’s imagine we’re playing with angels,” moment. This was a full blown, “DID YOU SEE THAT!” kind of moment.

Until We See Things | CryingInTheStreets.org
You have your own things on your plate to worry about rather than what Jesus is doing with His body.

Upvote 0

DavidPresently

Jun 29, 2007
Ohio
Visit site
✟16,731.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Oh really?

Let's have a look at some of this "Christ following" you do on those blog posts you have on your website,..

You have your own things on your plate to worry about rather than what Jesus is doing with His body.

Thanks for plugging the website! :D If you want to discuss how testifying of spiritual experiences we've had in Christ is or is not following Christ, as you contend, start a thread for it and invite me or comment on the website. I'll be happy to set you straight on scriptural Christianity aka Christ following. :p

Yes, the Kingdom of Heaven looks very strange to the natural mind used to the world. And yes, actually experiencing such in Christ, following Christ, is quite different from what someone experiences in Christian religiosity.

Upvote 0

Faulty

bind on pick up
Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2005
✟64,989.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Oh really?

That link was just disturbing. Reminds me of the Tokin' the Holy Ghost people.

I am interested in this section:
"It can be harry carry to openly announce things seen and encountered while being spiritual explorers of the spiritual realms. The biggest detractors and haters of such come from among religious believers who undervalue or altogether negate spiritual experience with God and overvalue intellectual ascent of the dead letter."
I'm assuming 'harry carry' is supposed to be hari kari, a Japanese method of ritualistic suicide, but that don't seem to fit. (Then again, perhaps its the legendary Cubbies announcer Harry Caray.)

But I am more curious as to what the 'dead letter' is referring to. Because I know what I think its referring to, but I want to make sure.

Upvote 0

ARBITER01

Legend
Aug 12, 2007
✟165,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
That link was just disturbing. Reminds me of the Tokin' the Holy Ghost people.

I am interested in this section:
"It can be harry carry to openly announce things seen and encountered while being spiritual explorers of the spiritual realms. The biggest detractors and haters of such come from among religious believers who undervalue or altogether negate spiritual experience with God and overvalue intellectual ascent of the dead letter."
I'm assuming 'harry carry' is supposed to be hari kari, a Japanese method of ritualistic suicide, but that don't seem to fit. (Then again, perhaps its the legendary Cubbies announcer Harry Caray.)

But I am more curious as to what the 'dead letter' is referring to. Because I know what I think its referring to, but I want to make sure.

Aren't you a spiritual explorer of spiritual realms Faulty???

Come on son, get with the program, you are suppose to dance around in fields and chase different angels, that is true Christ following devoid of any that false religious bondage those other Christians are in, pfft.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

knownbeforetime

Princess of the Lord of Grace and Power
Dec 27, 2004
Pittsburg, KS
Visit site
✟21,967.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Are these ad hominem attacks I'm seeing? You're attacking the person and not the argument which is precisely what he said you'd do... IMO, the way you respond to that link explains everything wrong with your posts...

As for his camping experience, ROCK ON! Aren't we in the Spirit-filled forum? What's wrong with toking the Holy Spirit? I thought that's what spirit-filled people do...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ARBITER01

Legend
Aug 12, 2007
✟165,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Are these ad hominem attacks I'm seeing? You're attacking the person and not the argument which is precisely what he said you'd do... IMO, the way you respond to that link explains everything wrong with your posts...

Oh really?

Break out your bible and find that section of scripture that has Jesus rolling around on the ground laughing His head off. When you find it, post it here for us.

What about any of the apostles? If you find them doing such things, post it here for us also.

Upvote 0

knownbeforetime

Princess of the Lord of Grace and Power
Dec 27, 2004
Pittsburg, KS
Visit site
✟21,967.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Last verse in the book of John: "Jesus did many other things as well. If every one of them were written down, I suppose that even the whole world would not have room for the books that would be written." :D

Jesus also said we need to come to the kingdom as little children. Don't children roll around on the floor and laugh from time to time?

Upvote 0

ARBITER01

Legend
Aug 12, 2007
✟165,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Last verse in the book of John: "Jesus did many other things as well. If every one of them were written down, I suppose that even the whole world would not have room for the books that would be written." :D

Jesus also said we need to come to the kingdom as little children. Don't children roll around on the floor and laugh from time to time?

Sorry, I'm only interested in actual recorded events, not probabilities.

You see, for all of the false claims he has against Christianity, he exhibits more fleshly activities than the majority of them, in fact I wouldn't be surprised if he is not trying to make up his own form of Christianity in the process, just going off his blog input.

It is sort of hard to overlook the boisterous words someone makes against something or someone, all the while doing way worse than they or it.

Trying to steer this back on topic here,..

Joh 14:12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto the Father.
If you truly believe in Jesus and know Him, you will only want to do those things He did, and also avoid those things He avoided. That is our standard in Christianity and the obedience He wants. When we adopt that standard in our walk with Him, the false things that people try to carry over from the world into this become quite evident.

Once we are Christians, we are not to be conformed to the world anymore. It doesn't fool them when we try to.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Faulty

bind on pick up
Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2005
✟64,989.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

As for his camping experience, ROCK ON! Aren't we in the Spirit-filled forum? What's wrong with toking the Holy Spirit? I thought that's what spirit-filled people do...

What attack? I was actually asking what a phrase meant. Because it sounds to me like its the subjective experience that being held up as something that trumps the scripture itself, the 'dead letter'.

Last verse in the book of John: "Jesus did many other things as well. If every one of them were written down, I suppose that even the whole world would not have room for the books that would be written."

Is this also a confirmation of those wild Toga parties that Jesus used to throw? I also suppose we cold read into this that He also created Donkey Kong back then and still holds the high score.

Sure, they do, but not as a result of being high or drunk, or at least it better not be. Besides, coming as a child was more concerning the trust and humility of a child, not so much the soiling the diapers aspect.

Upvote 0

DavidPresently

Jun 29, 2007
Ohio
Visit site
✟16,731.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Detractors, who are doing pretty much what I said you'd do just like knownbeforetime noticed:

Bless your hearts. If you want to go off on those debates about my personal practice and what I say in a post on my website, then open a new thread and invite me or debate me on my website for the appropriate post. As I stated before, I'll be happy to bring the proper correction to your muddied thinking. :p

So, can you geniuses actually debate this topic if you disagree with my position or can you only go from fallacy to fallacy? :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.