Leimeng

Sep 25, 2004
Arizona USA
✟1,772.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Republican
~ If God wanted us to shave, we would not have whiskers.
~ If God had not wanted women to wear warpaint, it would be there naturally there all their lives.
~ If God had wanted us to wear silk, cotton or linen, He would not have killed animals in Eden to have us wear.
~ If you feel guilty about the thought of getting one, then by all means dont get one.
~ Continue to discuss amongst yourselves...

Peace,

Leimeng

Flatulo Ergo Sum ~~~

(***Insert Personal One Liner Here***)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Torah

Senior Veteran
Oct 24, 2004
Florida
Visit site
✟12,588.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
It is my understand of G-ds word that marking ones body is not pleasing to the L-rd. Because of it’s origin, and Leviticus 19:28. Even Putting on a temporary tattoo is like saying that, “It’s ok L-rd, see it comes off. If someone Idea is that tattoos are not displeasing to the L-rd. [shrug]

Upvote 0

cgrim4god29588

Oct 5, 2005
Myrtle Beach,SC USA
Visit site
✟227.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
It is my understand of G-ds word that marking ones body is not pleasing to the L-rd. Because of it’s origin, and Leviticus 19:28. Even Putting on a temporary tattoo is like saying that, “It’s ok L-rd, see it comes off. If someone Idea is that tattoos are not displeasing to the L-rd. [shrug]

What are you trying to say?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

dkbwarrior

Favoured of the Lord
Sep 19, 2006
Tulsa, Oklahoma
✟14,349.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
What does the bible say about getting tattoos and body piercings?

Only one place I know of that mentions what could be a tattoo in the Bible has God against it, (but that was in reference to marking the flesh for the dead, a kind of anscestor worship common in those days.)

The only place that I can think of that mentions body peircing has God for it, (but that is if you free a slave, but the slave wishes to remain your bondman, then he is to thrust his ear through with an awl.)

I don't think either example is pertinent today for a christian. If you are a christian today, you do not worship your anscestors, and you are unlikely to own a slave.

Tattoos and body peircings are used today simply as a decoration, an accessory, and God doesn't have a preference on that, other than one should not be preoccupied with it.

Peace...

Upvote 0

JimB

Legend
Jul 12, 2004
Nacogdoches, Texas
Visit site
✟34,757.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I am neutral on the issue. But …

God will forever have a tattoo. Isaiah 49.16

And Jesus will forever have body piercings. John 19.37

~Jim

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen. Not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else. ~C.S. Lewis

Upvote 0

DavidPresently

Jun 29, 2007
Ohio
Visit site
✟16,731.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Neither. Making it a good OR evil issue is thinking based on the carnal mind's corruption of illegally consuming the fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

In Scripture, the only prohibition given to Israel through the Law of Moses was concerning marking the body for the dead, a form of idolatry of that time. In principle it would go for any tattoos or piercings marking the body for any idolatry. The issue was idolatry, not the actual physical body whether pierced or tattoos or not.

There is no direct statement by the law concerning piercings in a negative way (as if they are wrong). Decorative piercing was completely acceptable to culture and God never gave rule against it. The only rule in Scripture about piercing is a positive one about those who want to be life-long servants of their master allowing the master to pierce them as a sign of their commitment.

The natural body we currently live in will perish, along with any piercings or markings. Therefore, such has no meaning in a spiritual and eternal sense. This is good news for those missing limbs or having other bodily problems they will not have after the resurrection. It could be bad news to religiously minded who enjoy legalisms and restricting self and others with added rules and opinions of what is right and wrong.

The law is good if used lawfully. Most people today who advertise themselves as knowing, understanding, and keeping the law don't really. They understand it incorrectly like the Pharisees and Sadducees of Jesus' generation, and use it unlawfully. They do not acknowledge the true purpose of the law or how it should be used, because their minds are darkened by the wrong fruit from the wrong tree and they are still living as though separated from God, despite the reconciliation Christ worked for us. Ignore such religious minded non-spiritual opinions.

Only the mind renewed in Christ at perfect liberty free from contamination of that deadly religious fruit of the knowledge of good and evil sees things, including the law, correctly, from God's perspective rather than carnal man's.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.