Atlanta, GA
✟14,690.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So you are either a universalist, or believe the Truth of limited atonement, or flat out deny the Sanctifying effects of the Lamb of God which is unbelief.
Again with the exact same comment. This is the most unvaried "conversation" I have ever had the displeasure to be associated with.

I have already said many times that universalism is a false doctrine: most of humanity will be lost.
I have also said that the death of Jesus is the ONLY source of sanctification that exists (as Scripture says it is). Without Christ there is no salvation.
And limited atonement is also false if by it you mean that Jesus' death was only meant for a select few. If you mean that His death only benefits a few, then you are correct. But Scripture is very clear that His death was intended for, and sufficient for, the whole world.

All three of the options you propose are false doctrines and unacceptable, which means that there must of necessity be another option that stands up when compared with what ALL of Scripture says. That option, the ONLY Biblical option, is to accept that Jesus' death was for all men (as Scripture says repeatedly), and that to receive the benefit of that gift we must employ faith (again, as Scripture says repeatedly).

Upvote 0

Brightfame52

Dec 14, 2020
Georgia
✟125,375.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Again with the exact same comment. This is the most unvaried "conversation" I have ever had the displeasure to be associated with.

I have already said many times that universalism is a false doctrine: most of humanity will be lost.
I have also said that the death of Jesus is the ONLY source of sanctification that exists (as Scripture says it is). Without Christ there is no salvation.
And limited atonement is also false if by it you mean that Jesus' death was only meant for a select few. If you mean that His death only benefits a few, then you are correct. But Scripture is very clear that His death was intended for, and sufficient for, the whole world.

All three of the options you propose are false doctrines and unacceptable, which means that there must of necessity be another option that stands up when compared with what ALL of Scripture says. That option, the ONLY Biblical option, is to accept that Jesus' death was for all men (as Scripture says repeatedly), and that to receive the benefit of that gift we must employ faith (again, as Scripture says repeatedly).
So you are either a universalist, or believe the Truth of limited atonement, or flat out deny the Sanctifying effects of the Lamb of God which is unbelief.

Upvote 0

Doug Brents

Aug 30, 2021
Atlanta, GA
✟14,690.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You are boring me here. Get a new horse to ride.

Upvote 0

Brightfame52

Dec 14, 2020
Georgia
✟125,375.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You are boring me here. Get a new horse to ride.
Likewise:

Upvote 0