United States
✟287,998.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Only ever the prophets in the Bible. There are many today that claim that they have two way conversations with God. Unfortunately many of them turn out to be mentally ill, on some kind of drug, or a false prophet under demonic influence. But that's not to say that someone with this spiritual gift isn't out there. It's just, if they are, I haven't heard of or seen one.

Upvote 0

dreadnought

Lip service isn't really service.
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Have you ever heard of anyone who has clear and coherent 2-way conversations with God?
We all should should have coherent 2-way conversations with God. What do you think he is waiting for?

Upvote 0

LORDofW4RRIOR

Jan 17, 2018
glendale
✟8,688.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Only ever the prophets in the Bible. There are many today that claim that they have two way conversations with God. Unfortunately many of them turn out to be mentally ill, on some kind of drug, or a false prophet under demonic influence. But that's not to say that someone with this spiritual gift isn't out there. It's just, if they are, I haven't heard of or seen one.

Let's say you could, what would you do with that power?

Upvote 0

derpytia

Compassion.
Site Supporter
Feb 22, 2016
United States
✟287,998.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Let's say you could, what would you do with that power?

If I was 100% certain that it was God I was physically hearing and not some demon and not my fallable human senses then I'd use that kind of gift to build my personal relationship with God and do what He asks me to do.

Upvote 0

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
I do a "lot" of talking to God, If God speaks to your heart as He does mine, It will always line up with scripture and always be loving.
For instance a little girl was walking along the other day carrying a tiny baby and God spoke to me and said give her some money, So I was obedient and she broke down crying and said that her boyfriend had left her and that she had been praying for some money to buy diapers and gas to get her to work. Yes He speaks to me often :] And yes I probably am a little mentally disturbed as well, So That just makes it all the more special to me that He uses me in these ways :] Bless You and I hope that you will one day hear from Him too :]

Upvote 0

GTW27

Aug 31, 2007
Western Pa
✟204,036.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Those that are truly born from above receive the things from above. "My sheep hear my voice and I lead them in and out to pasture" A personal relationship with The Lord is not built upon silence. How can one be taught by The Holy Spirit if not first given ears to hear and eyes to see.

Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟736,552.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Have you ever heard of anyone who has clear and coherent 2-way conversations with God?

I can't say that I have a clear two way channel to God. But there have been many times when God has communicated to me His will in a audible, human language, way. I have included one of my favourite stories below:

One morning I got up and walked into the hall and I heard a voice that I believed was God say "How would you like to be stabbed in the Valley". The Valley was known as the rough end of town, and the voice scared me a little, I wondered if I had done something to offend God. I had planned to go down to the Valley to ask people out to church as was my habit at the time. In the end I went anyway regardless of the fear. I walked up to the first person I met and asked him if he would like to go out to church. He said to me "I am an atheist, I don't believe in God". I just said "fine", but hoped to change his mind. He then proceeded to unbutton his shirt and showed me scar marks up and down his chest and stomach. He said to me, "I was attacked by a knife wielding man in the Valley some time ago and spent months recovering in hospital, How could God allow that to happen to me". Then I knew why God had said in the morning "How would I like to be stabbed?". God understood this man, but had a good plan for him. Some weeks latter this man came out to church and became a Christian.

There have been other times I have asked questions of God, and he has answered, but it has not been in a way that was immediately understandable. As happened in the following:

Some time after the second Gulf War an Australian man Douglas Wood was captured by terrorists in Iraq, who made demands for a ransom or he would be executed. I set about fasting and praying for his release, I said to God "You know where he is....tell me". Three words entered my mind ABC, Bazaar and "a meal". I thought "I am going crazy what has all that got to do with him. Bazaar I though "this is Bizarre". I thought maybe "a meal" is a town so I searched a map of Iraq for a town of that name, but found nothing that really matched. Some time latter Douglas Wood was freed by US troops who came across his captors. It was not until latter that I actually discovered what the three words meant. I was on a forum libertyunites.us and came across a post by a user called ABC in the post she appealed to the terrorists to release Douglas Wood because she had seen him go to a Bazaar (another name for shop) and bought food (sausages I think it was) for disadvantaged people and had provided them with "a meal". So the three words God had given me when I prayed were about that post. So God did not tell me where he was he told me what type of person Douglas Wood was a good man. I believe God saw Douglas Wood's kind action too and blessed with an escape from his captors

Upvote 0

DreamerOfTheHeart

I Am What I Am
Jul 11, 2017
Houston
✟39,308.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I do.

I have heard of this from others. One guy well said to me, "Prayer should be a dialogue, not a monologue.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

akaDaScribe

Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2018
Boston Area
✟97,444.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Do you mean an inner voice or like a voice out of heaven?

Upvote 0

sea5763

May 9, 2018
California
✟59,429.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I think that God spoke to me once in a dream/sleep paralysis. I asked Him a lot of questions, and the answers all consisted of scripture, so I don't feel the need to publicly go talk about it, since if you read the Bible you'll get the same message. Plus, in the dream He told me that I'm not sent, so I figure I'm not obligated to tell the world, although I talk about it a lot anonymously online. I came back to the faith because of that dream. Yes I am mentally ill, but it's not like I can control my dreams. Sometimes I wonder if He tries to talk to through dreams once in a great while, but there is only one dream where I am certain that God spoke to me.

Reactions: JCFantasy23
Upvote 0

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
I think that God spoke to me once in a dream/sleep paralysis. I asked Him a lot of questions, and the answers all consisted of scripture, so I don't feel the need to publicly go talk about it, since if you read the Bible you'll get the same message. Plus, in the dream He told me that I'm not sent, so I figure I'm not obligated to tell the world, although I talk about it a lot anonymously online. I came back to the faith because of that dream. Yes I am mentally ill, but it's not like I can control my dreams. Sometimes I wonder if He tries to talk to through dreams once in a great while, but there is only one dream where I am certain that God spoke to me.
How do you know that was God in your dream? satan can use scripture too. BUT he uses it out of context and bends it. You need to make sure that everything lines up with scripture completely because God is not the author of confusion.

Upvote 0

sea5763

May 9, 2018
California
✟59,429.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
How do you know that was God in your dream? satan can use scripture too. BUT he uses it out of context and bends it. You need to make sure that everything lines up with scripture completely because God is not the author of confusion.

The dream started with me being grabbed by a giant hand and being taken to the throne room. When I got there I was told to bow because I was told I was in the presence of God. When I tried peeking at God, I saw a giant throne extending forever upwards, but God was invisible to me. When I looked around me, I saw other thrones in a circle/oval around God, and when I woke up I estimated about 18 of them, although now I think they were probably the 24 elders Revelation 4:4. When I asked about when the second coming was, He refused to tell me and said it was because I was not worthy Revelation 5:4. When I asked about my suffering and why He hadn't prevented it, I was shown an image of metal being refined by fire 1 Peter 1:7. When I asked about the Trinity, He started talking about the body of Christ, which I don't really understand how that works, but maybe He was trying to tell me something else. Because I had been filled with pride and wanted to believe I was a better Christian than most, because of that, He was telling me about John the Baptist Matthew 11:11. When I asked if I was a prophet (because I was delusional and actually thought I was) he told me that I wasn't sent Jeremiah 23:21. He then told me to ask my mom for forgiveness and to forgive her, which is something I still struggle with. At the time I repented for almost nothing because I always had an excuse or blamed someone else, and He told me that I needed to repent, that I am not without sin 1 John 1:8. He then asked if I wanted to talk to His son, who I then saw sitting at the right hand of God Mark 16:19. I assume that that was Jesus, and when I saw Him, He was light in the shape of a man. I'm embarrassed to admit that I asked what race He was, and although He responded to the question, I couldn't make out what He said, it must have been in a different language or something. I then became scared of death because I was having trouble breathing, which apparently is common during sleep paralysis, and He told me that I wasn't going to die right then, and that I need to stop being so afraid of death. I think it ended with Him saying that the conversation was over, and that it was not yet my time or something like that. It's been over 10 years since I had that dream, and some of the details are started to get fuzzy in my mind, but I think that was the gist of it.

Upvote 0

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
The dream started with me being grabbed by a giant hand and being taken to the throne room. When I got there I was told to bow because I was told I was in the presence of God. When I tried peeking at God, I saw a giant throne extending forever upwards, but God was invisible to me. When I looked around me, I saw other thrones in a circle/oval around God, and when I woke up I estimated about 18 of them, although now I think they were probably the 24 elders Revelation 4:4. When I asked about when the second coming was, He refused to tell me and said it was because I was not worthy Revelation 5:4. When I asked about my suffering and why He hadn't prevented it, I was shown an image of metal being refined by fire 1 Peter 1:7. When I asked about the Trinity, He started talking about the body of Christ, which I don't really understand how that works, but maybe He was trying to tell me something else. Because I had been filled with pride and wanted to believe I was a better Christian than most, because of that, He was telling me about John the Baptist Matthew 11:11. When I asked if I was a prophet (because I was delusional and actually thought I was) he told me that I wasn't sent Jeremiah 23:21. He then told me to ask my mom for forgiveness and to forgive her, which is something I still struggle with. At the time I repented for almost nothing because I always had an excuse or blamed someone else, and He told me that I needed to repent, that I am not without sin 1 John 1:8. He then asked if I wanted to talk to His son, who I then saw sitting at the right hand of God Mark 16:19. I assume that that was Jesus, and when I saw Him, He was light in the shape of a man. I'm embarrassed to admit that I asked what race He was, and although He responded to the question, I couldn't make out what He said, it must have been in a different language or something. I then became scared of death because I was having trouble breathing, which apparently is common during sleep paralysis, and He told me that I wasn't going to die right then, and that I need to stop being so afraid of death. I think it ended with Him saying that the conversation was over, and that it was not yet my time or something like that. It's been over 10 years since I had that dream, and some of the details are started to get fuzzy in my mind, but I think that was the gist of it.
That is interesting to say the least and I like the scriptures with this :]
I am amazed at some of the dreams people have and how God speaks to them via dreams.
Of course our God is awesome :]

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟834,458.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I have two-way conversations with God. I discuss things with Him and He answers through Scripture. It is remarkable that when I am considering an issue, the exact right Scripture comes to mind that answers my question. I have never tried to memorise Scripture, but this does not stop the exact Scripture that clarifies any issue coming to mind.

God does communicate with us and He uses plain language. Jesus spoke to Paul in the Hebrew language when He met him on the Damascus Road. Moses was unique in that he talked with God as a man talks to his friend. Joshua was the same. When the captain of the Hosts of the Lord (The Second Person of the Trinity) met him as he was going into the Promised Land He spoke to Joshua in understandable language. He spoke to Joshua face to face, and Joshua knew who He was - the pre-incarnate Son of God.

The Bible is the unique book because it is the written record of God speaking to people right though human history. He still speaks today for those who have ears to hear.

Upvote 0

JAM2b

Sep 20, 2014
✟93,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I experience this, but it isn't in the same way that conversations take place with people.

How it usually plays out is through feelings of peace or conviction from the Holy Spirit. This occurs either in prayer, casual conversation because I randomly say thing to God throughout the day, or as seemingly spontaneous when something is going on.

Sometimes I feel the Spirit moving within me and in my mind words are given to me. They are not my own thoughts, but more like hearing through thoughts what the Lord is saying.

There has been a few incident where I heard very clear and audible words. They were not a loud booming voice from high above, but they were close to me and didn't seem to come from a particular source. The time that stand out in my mind the most is when I was struggling after divorce and wanting to have a relationship with someone, but wanting it to be good and healthy. I was very broken and wounded. I became distraught, resentful, and cynical. I don't remember my exact words but basically I was telling God that there are very few men who do not expect sex from women so unless I'm going to be alone there will probably be sin involved. As soon as the words were out of my mouth I regretted it and thought there was probably about to be some heavy conviction and maybe some other fearful consequence. Instead I heard the words very clearly, "I have something pure for you."

I was stunned. I didn't know how to respond. Nothin else was spoken. I calmed down and pondered this. I became open minded to what God might have planned, but I was also wondering for a long time what that "something pure" is. There was no word on exactly what or when. I am still wondering.

As for those words, I believe they definitely were from God. God desire purity for everyone, and He makes all things new. He is in the business of redemption.

There have been many times I have wish that Jesus would just walk in and sit down, and have a live conversation with me. There are so many questions from the mundane to the huge ones. But then I remember that we have our Bibles. The heart, desires, and instructions from God are right there. There can be specific directions because of individual circumstances and God knows and see all things when we only know what is in front of us. But for the most part, many of our questions can be answered in Scripture. Anything that we ever believe is spoken in whatever manner from God needs to be compared to what is in the Bible to make sure it does not go against Scripture. Because as was already mentioned, God is not the only one who talks to us and it could come from an evil source. Also our emotions get in the way and sometimes what we perceive is the Holy Spirit is really just our own emotions and desires. Also because we sometimes misunderstand. I've recently said elsewhere on this board that God's messages are perfect, but our understanding is not.

So in a nutshell, my answer to your question is yes, but not always in the same way, and it can be tricky for us.

Last edited:
Upvote 0