Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
If judges keep reading 'rights' into the Constitution that aren't there to support people engaging in sexual perversion like they have been, incest may eventually be legalized. If that happens and a man has the same last name as his wife's family, others may suspect him of incest.

In some cultures, you are allowed to marry lots of your mother's relatives but no one from your father's last name. Koreans are like that (assuming it's the same lineage of last name. Seoul Lee's can't marry each other, but can marry Pusan Lees.) Some Indonesian people-groups are like that, too.

Not that this has much to do with the OP (and I doubt many people want to think about it) but way back in Genesis.....incest happened (or else none of us would be here).

Anyway.....if people make assumptions of any kind....that's on them (not the OP and his future wife). Organizing our lives based on "what will they think?" is not a good plan. It really only matters what ONE thinks of us (and that never gets in the way of our genuine relationships).

Upvote 0

LinkH

Jun 19, 2006
✟43,833.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not that this has much to do with the OP (and I doubt many people want to think about it) but way back in Genesis.....incest happened (or else none of us would be here).

If you stick with the interpretation that Adam and Eve were the only humans created. An alternate Jewish interpretation is that the first creation account includes other humans. Not saying I believe that. Incest was outlawed much later.

But a judge has started off the trend to legalize incest: Australian judge says incest may no longer be a taboo - Telegraph

Uh-oh. There was a polygamy ruling in Utah.

Anyway.....if people make assumptions of any kind....that's on them (not the OP and his future wife). Organizing our lives based on "what will they think?" is not a good plan. It really only matters what ONE thinks of us (and that never gets in the way of our genuine relationships).

We live connected with other people in society. If you wear a red dot on your forehead, some people are going to perceive that as your indicating you hold to certain Hindu beliefs. If a young man shaves his head and dresses like a skinhead, some people may think he's a skinhead. Some of our decisions should involve what other people think. In some language, the sounds, "I hate you" could be a great complement, but if you tell your mother that, you might hurt her feelings. The way you treat your mother and father, the way you honor your mother and father, should take into account how they feel about the way you talk and act. A name change could be related to how one honors one's parents.

Upvote 0

mkgal1

His perfect way sets me free. 2 Samuel 22:33
Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I'm not suggesting that all other people are discounted---only that our decisions ought to first be settled between us and God. People that truly love us won't judge us based on assumptions (like looking at someone with a bald head and believing--without any further knowledge---that they're a "skinhead". That person may be going through chemo---or just like a bald head).

Upvote 0

Angeldove97

I trust in You
Site Supporter
Jan 6, 2004
Indiana
✟143,520.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Please remember this is a NO DEBATE forum.

Questions from Singles about Marriage Forum Statement of Purpose

Fellowship forum for the purpose of answering questions from singles. Married members only can respond to the the thread. All responses must be made to the OP, and the OP can ask follow-up questions. Debate is not allowed in this forum. All of the site wide rules of Christian Forums apply (those rules can be found here).

Upvote 0