thaumaturgy

Nov 17, 2006
✟12,333.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Yes --- logic and human thought can take a hike ---

Um, AV, no matter how we may disagree with you, did you stop to think that indeed the only thing you have to use is "Human Thought"? (Unless of course you are going to claim you aren't human.)

If you are trapped inside a human-thinking-machine (a human brain), then you are pretty much saying that your own ideas and thoughts can "take a hike".

I'm all for that. But it doesn't seem to support your points very well if you wish for them to take a hike.

(Just sayin'....)

Upvote 0

ReverendDG

Defeater of Dad and AV1611VET
Sep 3, 2006
✟10,901.00
Faith
Pantheist
Politics
US-Others
Um, AV, no matter how we may disagree with you, did you stop to think that indeed the only thing you have to use is "Human Thought"? (Unless of course you are going to claim you aren't human.)

If you are trapped inside a human-thinking-machine (a human brain), then you are pretty much saying that your own ideas and thoughts can "take a hike".

I'm all for that. But it doesn't seem to support your points very well if you wish for them to take a hike.

(Just sayin'....)
honestly i don't believe AV thinks beyond the knee-jerk sophistic claims he makes, i mean really.
he says things that make no sense, then says "thats your problem, not mine" like it means something.

i'm starting to think he doesn't care what he says anymore.

Upvote 0

gaara4158

Gen Alpha Dad
Aug 18, 2007
United States
✟204,279.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
honestly i don't believe AV thinks beyond the knee-jerk sophistic claims he makes, i mean really.
he says things that make no sense, then says "thats your problem, not mine" like it means something.

It's possible... he's seemed senile for a while, but maybe he's finally gone over the top?

Upvote 0

thaumaturgy

Nov 17, 2006
✟12,333.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

Flawed or not, unless AV is God or a "chatter bot", he is enslaved to "human thought". :)

Upvote 0

Naraoia

Apprentice Biologist
Sep 30, 2007
On edge
Visit site
✟15,998.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Oh... as for the variety of marsupials in Australia you didnt get that right.

Australia and South America were geographically isolated. So marsupials did the adaptive radiation into the wide variety of forms we see now. SA had a wide variety of marsupial mammals until the placental mammals started arriving.
SA marsupials coexisted with a diverse placental fauna for most of the Cenozoic. I can't recall any large placental carnivores or large marsupial herbivores from prehistoric SA, so I guess the two groups might have avoided competition by dividing up the ecosphere; but I'm not sure the South American marsupials' demise is as simple as Teh Great Placentals vs. Teh Awfully Backward Marsupials. IIRC, some South American mammal groups were disappearing long before the Isthmus of Panama formed (although I don't remember if that includes the marsupials); and geography and climate put South American inhabitants in general at a huge disadvantage compared to North American creatures (see here).

Unfortunately we can't replay an alternative history without the isthmus. It would certainly be interesting to see how much of the South American extinctions happened in that scenario.

Same thing is going on in Aus now, with people being the agent for the placentals getting there and the marsupials going extinct.
I think we must be careful in attributing that to the immigrants being placental. I can't remember off hand which placental species cause the most problem in Australia (for some reason, a voice whispers "rabbits" from the back of my mind; also "cane toads", but they are hardly mammals), but are they so successful because they are placentals dumped in Marsupial-land, or would they have the same effect in most new ecosystems we land them in? Things humans willingly or involuntarily take with them are too often excellent invasive species, regardless of taxonomic position.

Also, do they mostly outcompete marsupials in the same niche or occupy empty niches and affect marsupials in a way other than direct competition?

(Sometimes I discover ecology is actually interesting. Too bad I know squat about most of these issues :o)

Upvote 0

ReverendDG

Defeater of Dad and AV1611VET
Sep 3, 2006
✟10,901.00
Faith
Pantheist
Politics
US-Others
Flawed or not, unless AV is God or a "chatter bot", he is enslaved to "human thought". :)
true, but as i said, i don't think he cares. which is said, why would you want to make yourself look like an idiot, much make yourself one?

Upvote 0

corvus_corax

Naclist Hierophant and Prophet
Jan 19, 2005
Oregon
✟14,911.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
you still are saying that similar animals, such as australian marsupials, all stepped off the ark and trekked to wherever we find them now.

why are there no marsupial fossils in the middle east? if all kind came off the ark in the same place why are there some that only have traces in certain areas?

Perhaps they didn't exist as yet.
(all emphasis mine)
Well that's a contradiction, AV
At first you said "Yup", Australian marsupials all stepped off the ark.
Then you said, Perhaps they didn't exist.

Make up your mind.
I mean, really, you're reading the Bible literally, correct?
C'mon AV, don't contradict yourself within 5 posts.
Because that might mean that you're just making up bovine feces as you go along.
And a literalist KJOV Christian wouldn't do that, now would they?

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
(all emphasis mine)
Well that's a contradiction, AV
At first you said "Yup", Australian marsupials all stepped off the ark.
Then you said, Perhaps they didn't exist.

Make up your mind.
I mean, really, you're reading the Bible literally, correct?
C'mon AV, don't contradict yourself within 5 posts.
Because that might mean that you're just making up bovine feces as you go along.
And a literalist KJOV Christian wouldn't do that, now would they?
I'm not an expert on Australian marsupials, Corvus --- I'll go with what scientists say on this.

In places where no fossils were found --- then no kangaroo.
In places where fossils were found --- kangaroo.

Either way, either kangaroo or their kind got off the Ark, congregated around the area that is now Australia, and were there when God separated the continents.

It's really a no-brainer.

Upvote 0

CACTUSJACKmankin

Scientist
Jan 25, 2007
✟11,817.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
I'm not an expert on Australian marsupials, Corvus --- I'll go with what scientists say on this.

In places where no fossils were found --- then no kangaroo.
In places where fossils were found --- kangaroo.

Either way, either kangaroo or their kind got off the Ark, congregated around the area that is now Australia, and were there when God separated the continents.

It's really a no-brainer.
why is there no migration route? even if you have pangea there's no route from the middle east to australia. no bones no nothing. remember, migration from the middle east was assumed by the first geologists and was rejected because it didnt fit the evidence they saw from nature (pity they didnt understand that nature hates God) and science has never looked back.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
why is there no migration route?
Because there were no kangaroo at the time?
even if you have pangea there's no route from the middle east to australia. no bones no nothing.
So? What's that tell you? That there were no kangaroo at the time? If a coyote got off the Ark and treked to the area that is now Australia, then God splits Pangaea up, and those coyote eventually become dingos, why should there be a trail of dingo fossils from the Ark to Australia?

Upvote 0

Nathan Poe

Sep 21, 2002
United States
✟41,319.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
Because there were no kangaroo at the time?So? What's that tell you? That there were no kangaroo at the time? If a coyote got off the Ark and treked to the area that is now Australia, then God splits Pangaea up, and those coyote eventually become dingos, why should there be a trail of dingo fossils from the Ark to Australia?

Are you sure you mean "eventually," AV? That's some pretty speedy hyper-evolution you're concocting to fit within your 6100 year timeline.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
That's some pretty speedy hyper-evolution you're concocting to fit within your 6100 year timeline.
About 4500 years actually --- but anyway --- why would that constitute hyper-evolution? What if the Kangaroo itself was on the Ark? Then they got off the Ark, made their way to "Australia" - (which probably wasn't very far away at the time); and the rest you know.

As far as expecting to find a trail of fossils, why would you? Given that every creature on the face of the earth is starting anew, and the fact that there are just a handful of each one --- you're telling me that you're expecting to find a fossil trail? That's like looking for a needle in a haystack.

Where are the fossils of Noah and his first few generation? Have you found them?

And I've addressed hyperevolution before. What do you call it in Genesis 2 when God "planted a garden" in Eden the same day He created Adam and Eve?

(If you answer "myth" or some other silly remark, I will consider my point made.)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
AV why don't you just make up your own religion and call it MUCAWGAism (Make Up Christianity As We Go Along)?
As far as you guys are concerned, it wouldn't matter, would it? Anything other than GOD DID IT for an answer to you guys is, after all, MUCAWGAism, isn't it?
Oh by the Way !

Merry Christmas everyone!!!:D
And a MERRY CHRISTMAS to you as well --- do you know what "merry" means in that phrase, by the way?

Hint: think Robin Hood and his merry men.

Upvote 0

gaara4158

Gen Alpha Dad
Aug 18, 2007
United States
✟204,279.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
On another note, Merry Christmas is a funny saying. translates to Merry Death of Christ.

now for the kicker, why is Santa laughing at the death of Christ? some saint eh?
HAHAHAHHAHAAH
no more absurd than a bunny hiding eggs to commemorate him coming back to life :D

Upvote 0