• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Taking our own lives should never be a sin

Regret_Living

Nov 8, 2018
Indonesia
✟7,938.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

"Be kind to someone so you'll feel happy about yourself' is probably the lesson i'm supposed to get here. Implying that in my depression i'm just this ball of sorrow and moodiness who ignored old ladies crossing the streets and crying babies.

Another funny thing is, i still do. I helped my roommate with her homework and her chronic illness, i still greet my neighbours with a smile, i don't come to interviews with a grim face even thought 50% of me always doubt i will get this job. I come by a family friend's place once in a while to be social, i helped a friend build her company website no charge, i tried to fill my life with so many things.

But again, back to my post. There is nothing. Only emptiness. Joy is not something i can get anymore, unless i drown myself in hours of finding meme and watching cartoons for the sake of an empty laugh. There is emptiness, there is always that shadow of dread, and nothing the 'good book' has said, no prayer no asking for dependency, nothing has helped me.

This, or at least, i think it is, is what got me disagnosed as having severe depression. It's like it's not me, it's my biology. You know, the thing created in me by god as perfection.

Upvote 0

Regret_Living

Nov 8, 2018
Indonesia
✟7,938.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I walked into my Dads house on memorial day because he called me to come take him to get groceries. I walked in and found him on the bed, He had shot and killed himself.
I think it is the most cowardly thing a person can ever do and my father was a very large tough Marine.
But he choose to kill himself and leave me to suffer the consequences of a dysfunctional family that only cares about themselves and money. He knew what they were and what they would do to me so he left them each 5 us dollars apiece in the will.
Now I suffer from attacks from them because they hate me and the pain of having to do everything by myself because my Dad took the easy road out.
I love him so so much and yet I am so darn mad that I can't stand him.

Want your sister to feel this way Bro?

Sorry about your father but nice guilt trip. No, i'll do what i always does, try to overdose and hurt myself enough, in this place where i am far, far, far away from her. She'll never have to see my body.

I'll repeat my question again, if me wanting to commit suicide is selfish and self-centred, then wanting me to stay alive and suffer for longer because 'people close to me' will get hurt is just as selfish, no?

Upvote 0

Regret_Living

Nov 8, 2018
Indonesia
✟7,938.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
That's where you are wrong. Your life is valuable. You are believing a lie that your life is not worth living. Don't be blinded by a lie. You are worth fighting for. I'm praying for you too see your worth and that the lord will overcome the Lie that your believing. The lie the devil has put into your heart and your mind. God is greater than that. Fear and feeling not good enough or feeling your worthless..all Lies that the devil wants you to believe. Lord, I pray you open up this man's heart and his eyes too see that he is meant to live and you have great things planned for his life, in Jesus mighty and precious name I pray this, Amen.

Why do you all kept insisting that this is a lie? Who is lying to me? Myself? Because that's the person who through observation and experience can see how true it is. The lord hasn't bothered to do s*** for me, but who knows, maybe if someone else ask, someone more dignified, he'll answer. Somehow.

Thank you for the prayer though.

Upvote 0

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
Sorry about your father but nice guilt trip. No, i'll do what i always does, try to overdose and hurt myself enough, in this place where i am far, far, far away from her. She'll never have to see my body.

I'll repeat my question again, if me wanting to commit suicide is selfish and self-centred, then wanting me to stay alive and suffer for longer because 'people close to me' will get hurt is just as selfish, no?
Stating facts, there was no guilt trip involved here, Just facts and I pray that your sister doesn't hurt as badly as I do. I will go now but Faith78 that you are talking to is part of the congregation that I pastor and she held the video camera as I preached my own fathers funeral just so you know that what I am saying is the truth.

Upvote 0

Regret_Living

Nov 8, 2018
Indonesia
✟7,938.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Stating facts, there was no guilt trip involved here, Just facts and I pray that your sister doesn't hurt as badly as I do. I will go now but Faith78 that you are talking to is part of the congregation that I pastor and she held the video camera as I preached my own fathers funeral just so you know that what I am saying is the truth.

Never doubted you, just not liking the tactic there as it was used too often as if someone who has contemplated suicide for years hadn't thought of it.

You think i'm not aware that sadness will be involved? Yeah, sure, but you know what comes from sadness? Camaraderie, companionship, she's always been a much better person than i am, with much more friends who does genuinely care for her, and if my death can bring those people to her then that's the best thing i can ever do for her. She'll be fine, as will my parents. Again, not much to lose here.

Upvote 0

Faith78

Site Supporter
Nov 7, 2018
Lead Hill
✟62,801.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Never doubted you, just not liking the tactic there as it was used too often as if someone who has contemplated suicide for years hadn't thought of it.

You think i'm not aware that sadness will be involved? Yeah, sure, but you know what comes from sadness? Camaraderie, companionship, she's always been a much better person than i am, with much more friends who does genuinely care for her, and if my death can bring those people to her then that's the best thing i can ever do for her. She'll be fine, as will my parents. Again, not much to lose here.
Well, I can attest to how devistating Southern Scottys suicide was. I know his father was hurting, I wish he would have reached out for help. Because there is always an alternative too suicide. I want to tell you something personal about myself. Maybe you will connect with it. I on more than one occassion in my life had contemplated suicide. Why? Because like you..I believed the lie that Everyone would be better off without me. I will go one step farther. A day came one day..just a normal everyday day. I went outside to check the mailbox. I recieved a letter that in just that moment hit me with I am nothing but a burden. I ran inside..grabbed the loaded 9mm kept by my bed, put it to my head and without another thought, I pulled the trigger...but the gun did not fire. The safety was on. In that very second after I did that..I put the gun down. I cried and cried and I realized that For that brief moment when I believed the "Lie" that I read. I had no thought of how devistated anyone would be..just that I was a burden. I can tell you, without a shadow of a doubt I Thank GOD everyday for the safety being on. I know I have a purpose. We all do. So please, coming from someone like me..feeling those feelings. I pray you will take away something positive from what I just spilled my guts out too you about. Even when I have hard days...even if I feel in a moment, Everyone would be better off without me. It is not true. You have self worth..I have self worth, and I guarantee if you will go on living, get some help and put your trust in God..IT will Get better. I don't know you..but I know God knows your heart. He loves you..your family loves you. I love you. Because you are worthy of love just as much as any other human being. I thank God still everyday that I am still here. I love the lord. I know there are dark days, but Light always overcomes the darkness my friend. Many prayers for you.

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
For years i suffered in the pit. For years i was angry like you. For years i wanted to die and for years i begged my wife to let me go and raged at her for not letting me. For years i blamed God for my pain, for years i raged at Him.

i understand a little where you are - i used to reason just like you. Until i read in the bible one day that these three remain - love, faith and hope - 1 Cor 13:13 - i had none - and straight after what you sow you shall harvest! How true had this been. i had sown my depressed negativity right throughout my life and reaped bad life by the bucket load. My guilt, shame, sadness, bitterness, anger, rage, envies.

Now i have a depressive illness which i will have all my life - an illness which can only be partially medicated but bouts of severe depression will always remain. Yet i repented of eating from bad life and for being loveless, faithless and hopeless - not once but for years - all the time exercising love, kindness, gentleness, self control and all the other gifts of the holy Spirit.

Honest brother life has become so much better. My anger and rage are gone, so are my suicidal needs. i can praise God deepest deep now and have grown strong against the lies of depression. Sure i'm still depressed but no i'm no longer in the pit. I grew good life with Jesus for 14 years before my desire to die disappeared. Just to give you some perspective off the suffering that still went on growing good life. Yet i left suicide behind after just over 3 years. It sure is a battle to gain God's good life but so incredibly worth it.

Wishing you much good life and lots of love for God, self and neighbour.

Peace.

The Beggar Of My Existence

Begging I lay beside the road, unable to get-up or move on.
Paralysed after a viscous assault when I was just a little kid
bloodied I stared at my wretched existence for many years.
Hope had gone, pain throbbing, hungry and thirsty, cold and alone,
the inner demons dragging me deeper and deeper down the drain,
helpless the wicked abused my life, robbing me of all my possessions.

Most of my life I lay there beside the road alone
I don't know how I survived my miserable existence,
by-passers often bashed me, blaming me for their hate.
At first I was raped night after night for years,
lately mainly tortured for cruel fun and cheap thrills,
oh yes, those wicked ones have been hurting me!

Not often have peels been part of my diet,
weeds, grass, rotten fruit and insects,
that's what I ate, such meagre meals.
I was skin over bones and smelled like sewage.
Walking dead, longing for an early ending.
I didn't feel worthy to carry the name human.

Suddenly I became aware of a pleasant aroma,
a beautifully perfumed visitor, a rich stranger,
he knelt beside beside me and took hold of me
I thought, maybe he'll give me something worthwhile,
I'd better ask quickly before he goes on his way,
normally the rich don't ever stop to talk to me!

Facing the visitor I croaked through parched lips,
please? I am unable to move and very hungry,
my last visitor abused me and I'm hurting bad,
could you spare me some food or money,
a sip of water, I'm so thirsty right now?
Expectantly I looked up into the man's eyes.

Chewing delicious bread I stared at the stranger,
the young wine had refreshed me completely
where did all this come from I wonder?
My taste-buds were in Heaven and so was I
I couldn't believe what I was hearing
I remember his lips pronounce the words;

"Shalom... Beloved...

..You're most welcome, my child," he said,
"Eat your fill, here, have another sip of wine,
your clothes are all worn, dirty and broken.
At home I have some new clean garments your size,
a warm bath and a place of safety and rest,
awaiting my dwelling-place high-up New Eden street."

That's what he said, and that's what he did for me!
Amazed I watched as out of nowhere servants arrived,
gently lifting me out of my grime and of the street,
carrying me along an all together different route,
right to the top of a most beautiful mountain hill,
halting before a mansion I didn't know could exist.

A doctor came and tended my wounds and sores
ointments soothing, smelling like fragrant herbs
a massage, gently, carefully rejuvenating me.
Years long ache disappearing, well-being arriving,
heaven on earth how could all this be for me,
when did I do anything to deserve this treatment?

A gentle knock on my door, as I lay sleeping
in a massive bedroom, adorned for royalty.
"You've been invited at The Feast tonight."
I recall this loving moment fleetingly pass by,
how lovely he looked standing there,
"and Dad said he likes to meet you as well."

I remember how confused I had been, Dad?
A party tonight, seeing Dad, who and what else?
Why is he looking after me so fantastically well?
My mind was in turmoil after all these events,
several hours ago I still lay dying in my filth,
and now..? now I was so alive and so fulfilled!

Gratitude arose like paradise restored within,
never before did I feel so much thankfulness,
I'd been rescued from a life of painful misery,
saved from the wretchedness of my existence,
restored to human dignity, loved and cared for,
deep down I knew Life had found me for good.

Upvote 0

Regret_Living

Nov 8, 2018
Indonesia
✟7,938.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Well, I can attest to how devistating Southern Scottys suicide was.

Lies about yourself, or things you wished are lies about yourself?

I'm not even talking about you, i don't know you at all, but i know myself. Have lived with this piece of dirt for a quarter of a century now, had seen the amount of failure and rejection in plenty of forms, with very little if any success. Hell, even those successes are apparently aren't mine because they're god's right? But my failures are mine alone. That's just me being bitter of course, but the debate of why i have to credit positive outcome to go and not blame the negative one on him as well is just a debate i think will just be moot for this discussion.

And coming from me this may not mean anything, but i'm glad your survive. You seem like someone who can contribute something and have the will to. Me? I'm just someone tired of everything. Nothing i did means anything anymore when i couldn't find a single enjoyment and always be on my toes waiting for the other shoe to drop for even the slightest glimpse of happiness.

God knows my heart is very, very, very bitter. And all he did is leave me here in a ditch. I don't have any 'comforter', i don't have a confidant.

I'll never turn down someone's offer for a prayer, but if you asked me, i stopped believing in it. Not the part that God listens, oh i'm sure he's there and listening, it's the other part of he truly cares that i'm doubting.

Upvote 0

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
Lies about yourself, or things you wished are lies about yourself?

I'm not even talking about you, i don't know you at all, but i know myself. Have lived with this piece of dirt for a quarter of a century now, had seen the amount of failure and rejection in plenty of forms, with very little if any success. Hell, even those successes are apparently aren't mine because they're god's right? But my failures are mine alone. That's just me being bitter of course, but the debate of why i have to credit positive outcome to go and not blame the negative one on him as well is just a debate i think will just be moot for this discussion.

And coming from me this may not mean anything, but i'm glad your survive. You seem like someone who can contribute something and have the will to. Me? I'm just someone tired of everything. Nothing i did means anything anymore when i couldn't find a single enjoyment and always be on my toes waiting for the other shoe to drop for even the slightest glimpse of happiness.

God knows my heart is very, very, very bitter. And all he did is leave me here in a ditch. I don't have any 'comforter', i don't have a confidant.

I'll never turn down someone's offer for a prayer, but if you asked me, i stopped believing in it. Not the part that God listens, oh i'm sure he's there and listening, it's the other part of he truly cares that i'm doubting.
You should really read the book of Job friend.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
We all need a greater cause than ourselves because our attitude affects our physical state.
Joy is a fruit of the Spirit so have you really accepted Christ? From your heart, Have you died to self and put on the new man being reborn?

Upvote 0

Regret_Living

Nov 8, 2018
Indonesia
✟7,938.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
For years i suffered in the pit. For years i was angry like you. For years i wanted to die and for years i begged my wife to let me go and raged at her for not letting me. For years i blamed God for my pain, for years i raged at Him.

i understand a little where you are - i used to reason just like you. Until i read in the bible one day that these three remain - love, faith and hope - 1 Cor 13:13 - i had none - and straight after what you sow you shall harvest! How true had this been. i had sown my depressed negativity right throughout my life and reaped bad life by the bucket load. My guilt, shame, sadness, bitterness, anger, rage, envies.

Now i have a depressive illness which i will have all my life - an illness which can only be partially medicated but bouts of severe depression will always remain. Yet i repented of eating from bad life and for being loveless, faithless and hopeless - not once but for years - all the time exercising love, kindness, gentleness, self control and all the other gifts of the holy Spirit.

Honest brother life has become so much better. My anger and rage are gone, so are my suicidal needs. i can praise God deepest deep now and have grown strong against the lies of depression. Sure i'm still depressed but no i'm no longer in the pit. I grew good life with Jesus for 14 years before my desire to die disappeared. Just to give you some perspective off the suffering that still went on growing good life. Yet i left suicide behind after just over 3 years. It sure is a battle to gain God's good life but so incredibly worth it.

Wishing you much good life and lots of love for God, self and neighbour.

Peace.

'Your depression is caused by your own depression'. Not a sentence i haven't heard before. All i can think about, is what a vicious cycle it is.

I'm not always like this. There was a time i was a happy kid, a person who truly believes what's been taught and maybe a bit too carefree but i enjoy life and the card i'm dealt, even if they're not always good.

If this love faith and hope you're talking about truly exist, then that kid should also still exist. The fact is, that kid died a horrible death, in the weight of betrayal, weight of rejection and manipulation, abuse and now, all that kid wanted is isolation.

'But that's point' i can hear you say, in the voice not unlike an old out of touch priest in this one church i came to before, 'the world is not good, you can only find true happiness and salvation in christ'.

I will tell you as i told that out of touch priest, the first thing i was told when the deluge that is the misfortunes in my life started, when i began to realize the sheer meaninglessness of all, was that i should pray. Pray for protection, for strength for patience, etc.

Fast forward to now.

Do you see me now? Does it look like those prayers worked?

'You're just not praying hard enough', i can hear someone say again, in the same voice of that haughty madam in my parent's church, who always thought of herself better than everyone and was probably the very first who introduce me to the concept that being religious does not equal being a good person, 'god always listens, but maybe you're just not serious enough in your prayer, or you've sinned so you're being punished'.

Short of buying a sheep and disemboweling it as a sacrifice, i don't see how my prayers haven't been serious enough. I prayed myself, i asked my evangelist father to lead the prayer because my words never seem to be adequate, i listen in church, listen, listen, until all of those words ended up only being nothing but a white noise, because i've reached a point when i realize nothing will ever came out of the same rehashed messages that through my life has been proven wrong.

And ha, sin. I'm pretty sure now everything i'm doing, even down to my mental state is a sin. How dare you not revel in the beauty of this created world? Not enjoy the life you're given.

Good on you for leaving suicide behind, and now can talk about it being your past. My own conviction for death aside, i truly am glad.

And what a beautiful story. If only it also said that there are other beggars who receive the same kindness, because lets face it, that story will resonate with people who had receive that shed of light. How about the other beggars, worse, the dead beggars, who never get to taste that salvation despite their pleas and thus cannot tell their side of the story? What they wouldn't do or give because no one truly wanted to die, but in the end, that help never comes.

'It would've come if they had waited' Something, something god knows the right time. And don't dare answer that they're non-christians because i have seen christians who ended their lives, abandoned by their faith. Maybe i don't truly know what's going on their lives, but i know myself and that's the one story that matters to me.

These last few paragraphs sounds like i'm trying to put words int your mouth. I'm not. I'm showing just how many times i've heard the same thing over and over, and not a single thing has moved me. Not a single thing has changed my mind.

My battle now is not with suicidal thoughts, that's something i lost to a long time ago. My battle now is with my courage to do it, and the fear of nothing but more pain because that's what i've been forced to belief since young. I'm stuck in this deep abyss of just absolute meaninglessness, and i'v lost both of my arms from all those years trying to stop myself from falling down. I no longer have the means to climb up.

Upvote 0

Regret_Living

Nov 8, 2018
Indonesia
✟7,938.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You should really read the book of Job friend.

The story of a man whose life has been nothing but devoted, has done no wrong, but then devil came and instead of protecting his very loyal 'son', god decided to let that evil take everything away from him. Then we're supposed to be taught that his anger is unjustified and it's what drove him into constant pain, instead of thinking, why did God even let that happen? That man does nothing wrong and has bene nothing but good to him.

In the end, he only get everything back in multitudes because he decided to be a good little sheep and believed in the one person who is supposed to protect him but did not for... i don't know, power show off?

I never liked that story even when i was a child. A loyal servant is tortured and the outcome if they'll be much more subservient with enough platitudes.

Upvote 0

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
The story of a man whose life has been nothing but devoted, has done no wrong, but then devil came and instead of protecting his very loyal 'son', god decided to let that evil take everything away from him. Then we're supposed to be taught that his anger is unjustified and it's what drove him into constant pain, instead of thinking, why did God even let that happen? That man does nothing wrong and has bene nothing but good to him.

In the end, he only get everything back in multitudes because he decided to be a good little sheep and believed in the one person who is supposed to protect him but did not for... i don't know, power show off?

I never liked that story even when i was a child. A loyal servant is tortured and the outcome if they'll be much more subservient with enough platitudes.
That is not the correct translation of the story at all. That is YOUR translation, But the truth is that God knew Job would never fail Him when He let satan loose on Job. The story is for us to realize that there are much much more to life than what we see and experience here.
It is not about your materialistic gain, but what we will receive after a life of serving God and others, not ourselves.
We should be laying up eternal rewards in heaven and not worried with ourselves. That is a pride issue and pride goeth before the fall.

Upvote 0

Regret_Living

Nov 8, 2018
Indonesia
✟7,938.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
We all need a greater cause than ourselves because our attitude affects our physical state.
Joy is a fruit of the Spirit so have you really accepted Christ? From your heart, Have you died to self and put on the new man being reborn?

There was one time a cause that i am greatly passionate about. What happened to that purpose, you ask? Well, apparently it's against the teaching of the bible.

I never truly have any other option but to do that. I was a child raised in an entire family of christians, force fed dogma and every verse in the bible like i can't breathe without them. As i grew, i won't lie that there are moments where i felt like my own conviction of it was being grown through my own liberties.

And then, we skip to this very day, when not even that can save me anymore.

Where is that help i kept asking for? Where is that sign, or is it blasphemous to even ask for one?

I will not do anything for the one cause that has caused more pain in my life than actual happiness.

Ha, actually, maybe i will be happier if i finally let go of this faith. I'll be able to search myself without the chains of belief, i'll held my belief, my faith in things i do know for a fact i can see and truly exist in front of me, instead of this invisible powerful being i'm just supposed to never question and sacrifice everything because he said so.

...Nah, i couldn't just dream of leaving the 'service' of a powerful being who for all i know, the moment i do that will only give his revenge in the most unmeasurable way. I hate that i believe it, but at least this one believe is my own.

So you know what, i'll answer your second and last question with no.

Because the idea of me being put in this very position i am in so that i can only rely on god to be happy is not only terribly abusive, it's just basically lying to me about the existence of free will. Do as i say or suffer. I was once in an abusive relationship, i can pinpoint another one from a mile.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
There was one time a cause that i am greatly passionate about. What happened to that purpose, you ask? Well, apparently it's against the teaching of the bible.

I never truly have any other option but to do that. I was a child raised in an entire family of christians, force fed dogma and every verse in the bible like i can't breathe without them. As i grew, i won't lie that there are moments where i felt like my own conviction of it was being grown through my own liberties.

And then, we skip to this very day, when not even that can save me anymore.

Where is that help i kept asking for? Where is that sign, or is it blasphemous to even ask for one?

I will not do anything for the one cause that has caused more pain in my life than actual happiness.

Ha, actually, maybe i will be happier if i finally let go of this faith. I'll be able to search myself without the chains of belief, i'll held my belief, my faith in things i do know for a fact i can see and truly exist in front of me, instead of this invisible powerful being i'm just supposed to never question and sacrifice everything because he said so.

...Nah, i couldn't just dream of leaving the 'service' of a powerful being who for all i know, the moment i do that will only give his revenge in the most unmeasurable way. I hate that i believe it, but at least this one believe is my own.

So you know what, i'll answer your second and last question with no.

Because the idea of me being put in this very position i am in so that i can only rely on god to be happy is not only terribly abusive, it's just basically lying to me about the existence of free will. Do as i say or suffer. I was once in an abusive relationship, i can pinpoint another one from a mile.
Can I Private message you? I would like to see what you were force fed as a child ok?

Upvote 0

Regret_Living

Nov 8, 2018
Indonesia
✟7,938.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
That is not the correct translation of the story at all. That is YOUR translation, But the truth is that God knew Job would never fail Him when He let satan loose on Job. The story is for us to realize that there are much much more to life than what we see and experience here.
It is not about your materialistic gain, but what we will receive after a life of serving God and others, not ourselves.
We should be laying up eternal rewards in heaven and not worried with ourselves. That is a pride issue and pride goeth before the fall.

How profound. 'I believe in you, so i'll give you all of this sufferings for absolutely no reason'. Is this where the 'god won't give you more than what you can handle' misguided quote come from?

Oh don't worry, the 'you glorify god not because your own gain but because he is your saviour and creator' is the same thing repeated over and over at sunday, so i'm pretty sure i get it by now.

But how would you glorify something that again, just made you suffer for no reason, because apparently that's the way you can glorify him more? Like that's the only damn way to do it?

Free will is a lie, if the only option is submit or be destroyed.

Upvote 0

Regret_Living

Nov 8, 2018
Indonesia
✟7,938.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Can I Private message you? I would like to see what you were force fed as a child ok?

Why private message? I'll tell you right now.

Christianity, that's what i've been force fed as a child. Nothing more than your standard Mary Joseph story, with the cute drawings that depicted every events in the bible. I have an entire bible of it as a birthday present once, and the images are probably what made it easy for me to remember most of it to this day.

A bit older, and it's again some pretty standard stuff that i think most human can agree. Don't kill, don't steal, don't hurt others and god is always watching. The kind of things you expected to be taught by youth pastors.

Then come the subservient part of the bible, and i'll be honest, they still sounded ok. They make sense. If you follow God, you'll be rewarded, if not you'll be punished and don't worry, he's nice and all, but he's also got some jealousy streak so be careful with that.

Like i said, standard, and maybe very paraphrasing. And once upon a time, even knowing all of this, i consciously told myself that yes, this is the path i wanted to go with.

The 'sufferings' started coming. The misfortunes, the hardship, all as promised. It's hard, so much i developed mental issues from them, but pray, pray and god will give your strength, will help you, and make it all bearable.

Fast forward years later, i am posting about wanting to commit suicide and disappointments over my various failures.

This truly accept into your soul stuff, this be reborn as a new man stuff, it just seems to far away, such a foreign and unbelievable concepts now. A joke, even.

A man hurt is a man hurt, but a man hurt and then given an empty promise is wounded inside and out.

You don't get to blame someone for being bitter, when they've been lied to.

Upvote 0

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
I ask because what doctrine you are being fed is very important because their are many heresies.
God the Father sent God the Son to die for your sin. This is grace and you are forgiven by this very grace if you repent of your sins and confess Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
That is acknowledging Him and trusting Him. Romans 10:9-13
Then you are saved by Grace [His] through faith [Yours]
WE only love Him, Because He first loved us
Will you repent of your past sins and leave them at the foot of the cross and confess Jesus as your personal Lord and Saviour today friend?

Upvote 0

Regret_Living

Nov 8, 2018
Indonesia
✟7,938.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I ask because what doctrine you are being fed is very important because their are many heresies.
God the Father sent God the Son to die for your sin. This is grace and you are forgiven by this very grace if you repent of your sins and confess Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
That is acknowledging Him and trusting Him. Romans 10:9-13
Then you are saved by Grace [His] through faith [Yours]
WE only love Him, Because He first loved us
Will you repent of your past sins and leave them at the foot of the cross and confess Jesus as your personal Lord and Saviour today friend?

Sounds like more or less the same things i am told. Nothing new there.

And i love that ending.

'I'm depressed, my life is ruined, i have no prospect and want to kill myself. Why did go let this happen to me?'

'Oh, god didn't do that, satan did'

'But satan is less powerful than god and he could've stopped this'

'Oh now you need forgiveness for questioning that because he believe you don't you know? And only then you can accept his love and maybe then your life will get better, because that doesn't sound like an abuse relationship at all.'

You know what, i'm tired. I don't know what i was expecting, posting in a christian forum. Did i think i need my faith strengthened? Maybe i need to rant in a place where the answer won't just be another 'lol why you're dumb enough to believe god anyway'? Maybe i just want to look for attention? Who cares.

I just got another rejection letter earlier, from a job i really wanted. I think before i left the website for the day yesterday, i did pray and ask 'hey god, can i just ask for one good thing, just something to prove that you're listening to me? I can't handle another bad news today, my eyes are swollen from crying and i've laid in bed for 24 hours. Just please give me something that will make me want to get up tomorrow'

The only thing that made me get out in the end was my gastroentritis, so hey, maybe he really is listening.

Before the 'look at your surrounding' speech again, yesterday was also the day my sister didn't get into the school she wanted to go in and one of my friends got into a minor accident. And yeah, i express condolences, concerns and offer help like a decent human being, without somehow turning the importance to myself. Because i'm still capable of that, having a morale, despite my current grievances with the giver of that morale.

My depression is a closely guarded secret i will never allow anyone near me know, because what's the point of making people worry or worse, just look at you with a worse opinion?

So hold that thought pastor or whatever your position is in the church. I already ask for a sign. When that sign comes, whatever the hell it may be, it'll truly be what will decide it for me and i can give my personal answer to god.

Through prayers... or personally.

Upvote 0