Midwest
✟157,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Question: I‘m 62. I left the RCC in my 20’s and got married to an unbaptized non practicing Protestant in a civil ceremony. Later we had our marriage convalidated and I returned to the RCC. I THINK I told the priest my husband was unbaptized but I’m not positive. Hubby never joined the RCC. Then I left again about 15 years later and joined the Lutheran church, though I was never Confirmed there. Hubby started going to church there with me.

Now that I’ve been considering returning to the RCC, can I receive Communion even though my husband is still unbaptized?

FaithT

Dec 1, 2019
Midwest
✟157,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Yes, after you go to confession.

Welcome home! :)
I did. And thanks!
I’m worried about my husband, though. He only started going to church with me at the LCMS a church around Easter. He has no interest in becoming Catholic but I told him that I’d still go to church with him at the Lutheran one, too sometimes. I’d just go to both and just not receive Communion at the LCMS. But I don’t want him to get out of the habit of going, if I’m not with him.

Last edited:
Reactions: mourningdove~
Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟243,304.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
I did. And thanks!
I’m worried about my husband, though. He only started going to church with me at the LCMS a church around Easter. He has no interest in becoming Catholic but I told him that I’d still go to church with him at the Lutheran one, too sometimes. I’d just go to both and just not receive Communion at the LCMS. But I don’t want him to get out of the habit of going, if I’m not with him.
Wonderful! I'm sure you are feeling great! :D
Pray for your husband. Sometimes all you can do is pray, and ask St. Monica's powerful intercession.

Reactions: FaithT
Upvote 0

mourningdove~

"Pray, and prepare ..."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2005
✟440,116.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I did. And thanks!

Prayers for you and your husband ...
:hibiscus:

And "Keep the Faith" ...
"What is impossible with man is possible with God."
:blush:

Reactions: FaithT
Upvote 0