United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
'Preferring others rather than ourselves:
, , hoping for nothing in return'. one of the many examples you will find in one brother otherwise known as 'quietbloke'!

Upvote 0

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
Staffordshire, United Kingdom
✟777,145.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
✟777,145.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
I am taken aback by recent developments in the news. A couple of weeks ago, the CofE recommended suspension of the common cup and avoiding direct contact during the sharing of the peace. This week they have taken things further by closing all churches for public worship. Many churches have even issued a statement to housegroups stating that they should suspend all meetings until further notice. I expect many of the other denominations/churches, if they haven't done so already, will eventually be following suit. This means means that the only contact we will have with our fellow Christians as a group is online. I did think of a way we could continue having our housegroups online by using video conferencing software, but this relies on everyone knowing how to set it up and being willing to participate in this way. This is where we appreciate, all the more, sites such as ChristianForums and I wonder if we will get an increase in new members.

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Praying that you will feel better very soon :)
Thank you, I feel a lot better today. I have rested quite a lot and that helps.
I am also concerned about the Churches being shut. I only hope it won't be for long.

• Prayers
Reactions: quietbloke
Upvote 0

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
✟777,145.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Thank you, I feel a lot better today. I have rested quite a lot and that helps.
I am also concerned about the Churches being shut. I only hope it won't be for long.
Glad to hear you are feeling much better.

I'll certainly miss going to church regularly, but I can see the reason why they have suspended services. But it's not a permanent arrangement, only a temporary one until the virus is brought under control. Although they have stopped services, many churches will still be open for prayer. As well as that, I think that as a faith community we have all the tools to maintain fellowship, support and pray with one another. We have the internet, mobile phones including messaging apps such as Whatsapp and Facebook which feature conversations for both groups as well as individuals. It is even possible to set up computers for video conferencing - not quite the same as meeting face-to-face, but I guess it's the next best thing.
And most important of all, wherever we are, and whatever our circumstances, God can meet us just where we are. His presence is with us wherever we go.

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Glad to hear you are feeling much better.

I'll certainly miss going to church regularly, but I can see the reason why they have suspended services. But it's not a permanent arrangement, only a temporary one until the virus is brought under control. Although they have stopped services, many churches will still be open for prayer. As well as that, I think that as a faith community we have all the tools to maintain fellowship, support and pray with one another. We have the internet, mobile phones including messaging apps such as Whatsapp and Facebook which feature conversations for both groups as well as individuals. It is even possible to set up computers for video conferencing - not quite the same as meeting face-to-face, but I guess it's the next best thing.
And most important of all, wherever we are, and whatever our circumstances, God can meet us just where we are. His presence is with us wherever we go.
So true, he is always there. We haven't been to Church for a while with Peter's problem. So maybe when he is cancer free we will have Church open again. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.