USA
✟184,557.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
According to Strong's, 'know' means to understand. So, without keeping His commandments, you don't understand Him.
OK.

Since you don't believe in keeping His commandments, there is no way for you to understand what He says.
I never said I don't believe in keeping His commandments. Please actually read my posts before making such stupid claims about what I don't believe.

I've been very clear about the ABSOLUTE NEED to obey His commandments in order to be blessed and rewarded.

That is why you come up with some wild interpretations on your own. GET A LIFE!
The wild interpretations have all come from your side.

Where did Jesus use the word 'fellowship'? Don't get ridiculous
What is really ridiculous is to miss the obvious. Jesus didn't need to label what He taught.

Can one marry one they don't know? Did you do that? Do you know anyone who has done this?
Are you serious? Or just incredibly naive? There have been MANY who got married and after a while said, "I didn't really know him/her".

I'm not talking about the superficial knowledge of one's name, or address and phone number. I'm talking about understanding their character, etc.

It's your superficial understanding of Scripture that's been getting in the way of your misunderstanding of it.

The same with Jesus, if you don't know Him, there is 'fellowship', 'relationship', nor salvation, for salvation is IN Him only.
Once again, your superficial view of things is showing.

Fellowship REQUIRES relationship. Fellowship is the state or condition of the relationship.

Salvation is relationship, which is clear from biblical words to show it. God is our spiritual Father. Believers are His children. 1 Pet 1:23 says we have been born again of IMPERISHABLE SEED.

From this relationship, we may either have fellowship with God, or not have fellowship with Him. Just as we see in the parable of the prodigal son. Throughout the parable, he remained the son, and the father remained the father. That RELATIONSHIP never ended. What ended was fellowship. Which was restored through confession of sin and repentance. These are biblical prinicples.

Your views seem to have no understanding or knowledge of these principles at all.

You haven't even tried to address any of my points.

Who marries a stranger? I'm sorry, but people do get to know each other before marriage. More of your wild speculations.
No, more of your extreme naivety.

Sure the Pharisees knew the scriptures, but they didn't understand them, just as is the case with you.
lol. Their views of keeping the law is the SAME AS YOUR views.

Just as they didn't understand them, neither do you.

You can speculate all you want on my understanding of what Jesus told us. I do know if I do not keep His commandments, I do not know, nor understand Him.
Your dependence upon keeping the commandments will get your straight to the lake of fire.

Only those who have eternal life will be saved from it. But the Bible is quite clear about how to get eternal life. It's not by keeping the commandments.

It's by placing your trust in the work of Jesus Christ to save you.

Which it seems you haven't done yet, given all you've posted.

Upvote 0

EmSw

White Horse Rider
Apr 26, 2014
✟66,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Your dependence upon keeping the commandments will get your straight to the lake of fire.

I've heard it all from you now. Jesus said keep the commandments if you want to enter eternal life. And here you say keeping the commandments, you will enter the lake of fire.

And yes, I depend upon keeping His commandments to enter life.

Tell you what FG2, you go your merry way with your obsession of false interpretations, and I'll go mine with what Jesus said about keeping His commandments. I'm not participating in your deceptions.

1 John 3:7
Little children, let no one deceive you. He who practices righteousness is righteous, just as He is righteous.

Galatians 6
7 Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap.
8 For he who sows to his flesh will of the flesh reap corruption, but he who sows to the Spirit will of the Spirit reap everlasting life.

1 Corinthians 6
8 No, you yourselves do wrong and cheat, and you do these things to your brethren!
9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites,
10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God.

Matthew 24
10 And then many will be offended, will betray one another, and will hate one another.
11 Then many false prophets will rise up and deceive many.
12 And because lawlessness will abound, the love of many will grow cold.

It is those who practice (do) righteousness, who are righteous. God is not mocked by a man's saying he has eternal life when he sows to the flesh. Those who sow to the flesh will enter the kingdom of Heaven. False prophets will deceive many because the preach lawlessness.

Upvote 0

FreeGrace2

Senior Veteran
Nov 15, 2012
USA
✟184,557.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I've heard it all from you now. Jesus said keep the commandments if you want to enter eternal life. And here you say keeping the commandments, you will enter the lake of fire.

And yes, I depend upon keeping His commandments to enter life.

Tell you what FG2, you go your merry way with your obsession of false interpretations, and I'll go mine with what Jesus said about keeping His commandments. I'm not participating in your deceptions.

1 John 3:7
Little children, let no one deceive you. He who practices righteousness is righteous, just as He is righteous.

Galatians 6
7 Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap.
8 For he who sows to his flesh will of the flesh reap corruption, but he who sows to the Spirit will of the Spirit reap everlasting life.

1 Corinthians 6
8 No, you yourselves do wrong and cheat, and you do these things to your brethren!
9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites,
10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God.

Matthew 24
10 And then many will be offended, will betray one another, and will hate one another.
11 Then many false prophets will rise up and deceive many.
12 And because lawlessness will abound, the love of many will grow cold.

It is those who practice (do) righteousness, who are righteous. God is not mocked by a man's saying he has eternal life when he sows to the flesh. Those who sow to the flesh will enter the kingdom of Heaven. False prophets will deceive many because the preach lawlessness.
Tell you what. Since you've never even tried to address any of my points or explain any of my verses, but just ignore it all, and then just keep repeating your own opinions, there is no point in further discussion.

Merry-go-rounds get boring after a few circles.

If someone could actually show that the verses I've provided don't mean what I believe they mean, I'd be interested in why they don't.

But, no one from your side has done that.

Upvote 0

Jack Terrence

Fighting the good fight
Feb 15, 2013
✟27,525.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Please actually read my posts before making such stupid claims about what I don't believe.

It's your superficial understanding of Scripture that's been getting in the way of your misunderstanding of it.

Once again, your superficial view of things is showing.

Fellowship REQUIRES relationship. Fellowship is the state or condition of the relationship.Nope! Fellowship IS the relationship.

Salvation is relationship, which is clear from biblical words to show it. God is our spiritual Father. Believers are His children. 1 Pet 1:23 says we have been born again of IMPERISHABLE SEED.

From this relationship, we may either have fellowship with God, or not have fellowship with Him. Just as we see in the parable of the prodigal son. Throughout the parable, he remained the son, and the father remained the father. That RELATIONSHIP never ended. What ended was fellowship. Which was restored through confession of sin and repentance. These are biblical prinicples.

Your views seem to have no understanding or knowledge of these principles at all.

You haven't even tried to address any of my points.

No, more of your extreme naivety.

lol. Their views of keeping the law is the SAME AS YOUR views.

Just as they didn't understand them, neither do you.

Only those who have eternal life will be saved from it. But the Bible is quite clear about how to get eternal life. It's not by keeping the commandments.

It's by placing your trust in the work of Jesus Christ to save you.

Which it seems you haven't done yet, given all you've posted.
Your entire post is belittling and condescending. You need to take off for a while.

Upvote 0

FreeGrace2

Senior Veteran
Nov 15, 2012
USA
✟184,557.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Your entire post is belittling and condescending. You need to take off for a while.
Could you please explain how they are belittling and condescending? When posters make claims about what I believe which isn't anywhere near what I believe, that isn't exactly intelligent.

The poster I was posting to believes that one is saved from works. If you want to take over, I'd be happy to take off for a while.

Upvote 0

Ron Gurley

What U See is What U Get!
Sep 22, 2015
Baton Rouge, LA
Visit site
✟87,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
OP: Q1:"Is my understanding of "election" incorrect?

A1: YES! Understanding the false doctrines of the Calvinistic T.U.L.I.P. does not force an acceptance of the equally false doctrine of "election".

The simple answer: God gave the spiritual gift of "free will" to ACCEPT or REJECT the CALLING/DRAWING of God to ALL MEN (and angels!)

SEE:

https://www.christianforums.com/thr...the-all-everything-attributes-of-god.8011130/

The true doctrine of "FREE WILL"??: Biblical examples??

Gods Grace vs Free Will

Matthew 24:22,24,31 (NASB)...Jesus: Prophecy of the "end of the ages"
And He will send forth His angels with a great trumpet
and they will gather together His ELECT from the four winds, from one end of the sky to the other.

elect...Greek 1588...eklektos...
I.picked out, chosen
A.chosen by God,
i.to obtain salvation through Christ (BELIEVERS/SAINTS!)
a.Christians are called "chosen or elect" of God
ii.the Messiah is called "elect", as appointed by God to the most exalted office conceivable
iii.choice, select, i.e. the best of its kind or class, excellence preeminent: applied to certain individual Christians

Mark 13:27 (NASB)...
And then He will send forth the angels,
and will gather together His ELECT from the four winds, from the farthest end of the earth to the farthest end of heaven.

Matthew 13: 36-43 (NASB)...Jesus explains the parable of the Wheat (believers) and the Tares (UNbelievers)
And His disciples came to Him and said,
“Explain to us the parable of the tares of the field.”
37 And He said,
“The one who sows the good seed is the Son of Man (Jesus),
38 and the field is the world;
and as for the good seed, these are the sons of the kingdom;
and the tares are the sons of the evil one;
39 and the enemy who sowed them is the devil,
and the harvest is the end of the age;
and the reapers are angels.
40 So just as the tares are gathered up and burned with fire, so shall it be at the end of the age.
41 The Son of Man will send forth His angels, and
they will gather out of His kingdom all stumbling blocks, and those who commit lawlessness,
42 and will throw them into the furnace of fire; ("lake of fire" of Revelation?) in that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
43 Then the righteous (elect) will shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. He who has ears, let him hear.

Man has a spiritual "FREE WILL" CHOICE to make!
I am NOT a puppet nor was I irrevocably pre-marked by God for salvation.
I BELIEVED! John 3 AS EXPLAINED in Ephesians 2
======
RESPONSE to Posts#16+20

Matthew 19:17
...But if you want to enter into life, keep the commandments.”

A SNIPPET taken out of context!

Matthew 19 (NASB)...Jesus' compassion for the The Rich Young Ruler..SEE ALSO: Mark 10:17 etc + Luke 18:18 etc

16 And someone came to Him and said,
“Teacher, what GOOD THING shall I DO that I may OBTAIN "eternal (spiritual) life?”
17 And He said to him, “Why are you asking Me about WHAT is good? There is only One WHO is good; >>>but if YOU (The Rich Young Ruler) wish to enter into life, keep the commandments.”<<<
18 Then he (The Rich Young Ruler) said to Him (Jesus),
“Which ones?”
And Jesus said,
1. “You shall not commit murder;
2. You shall not commit adultery;
3. You shall not steal;
4. You shall not bear false witness;
5.(v.19) Honor your father and mother; and
XXX? You shall love your neighbor as yourself.”
(WAIT! WAIT! Those are NOT Moses' "BIG TEN" commandments!!)
(Jesus' PUNCH LINE!)
“Then who can be saved?”
26 And looking at them (disciples only) Jesus said to them,
“With people this (keeping the Mosaic commandments + giving all wealth) is impossible, BUT with God all things are possible.”

Upvote 0

EmSw

White Horse Rider
Apr 26, 2014
✟66,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Matthew 19:17
...But if you want to enter into life, keep the commandments.”

A SNIPPET taken out of context!

Are you saying Jesus lied about entering life by keeping the commandments?

Matthew 19 (NASB)...Jesus' compassion for the The Rich Young Ruler..SEE ALSO: Mark 10:17 etc + Luke 18:18 etc

16 And someone came to Him and said,
“Teacher, what GOOD THING shall I DO that I may OBTAIN "eternal (spiritual) life?”
17 And He said to him, “Why are you asking Me about WHAT is good? There is only One WHO is good; >>>but if YOU (The Rich Young Ruler) wish to enter into life, keep the commandments.”<<<
18 Then he (The Rich Young Ruler) said to Him (Jesus),
“Which ones?”
And Jesus said,
1. “You shall not commit murder;
2. You shall not commit adultery;
3. You shall not steal;
4. You shall not bear false witness;
5.(v.19) Honor your father and mother; and
XXX? You shall love your neighbor as yourself.”
(WAIT! WAIT! Those are NOT Moses' "BIG TEN" commandments!!)
(Jesus' PUNCH LINE!)
“Then who can be saved?”
26 And looking at them (disciples only) Jesus said to them,
“With people this (keeping the Mosaic commandments + giving all wealth) is impossible, BUT with God all things are possible.”

Which of His commandments is impossible for you to keep? Is it impossible for you to tell the truth? Maybe it is impossible for you to not commit adultery. I don't know, but you are telling on yourself (For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned).

Upvote 0

FreeGrace2

Senior Veteran
Nov 15, 2012
USA
✟184,557.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Are you saying Jesus lied about entering life by keeping the commandments?
Of course Jesus never lied. He is God. He also said that He is the ONLY WAY, the ONLY TRUTH, and the ONLY LIFE. Then He said, "No one comes to the Father EXCEPT by Me". John 14:6

So, NO, keeping commandments does not bring one into eternal life. And Jesus wasn't even speaking about eternal life here, as you presume.

If keeping the commandments resulted in eternal life, then Jesus didn't have to die for anyone. And He wouldn't be called the Savior.

Which of His commandments is impossible for you to keep? Is it impossible for you to tell the truth? Maybe it is impossible for you to not commit adultery. I don't know, but you are telling on yourself (For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned).
The Bible teaches that all are sinners and under sin. Which is why all need the Savior.

Upvote 0

EmSw

White Horse Rider
Apr 26, 2014
✟66,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Of course Jesus never lied. He is God. He also said that He is the ONLY WAY, the ONLY TRUTH, and the ONLY LIFE. Then He said, "No one comes to the Father EXCEPT by Me". John 14:6

So, NO, keeping commandments does not bring one into eternal life. And Jesus wasn't even speaking about eternal life here, as you presume.

What was He talking about - life in the swamps? You just told me He is the ONLY LIFE. Does this mean He is eternal life or is He this other life you speak of? He didn't say He was the ETERNAL LIFE, just life.

If keeping the commandments resulted in eternal life, then Jesus didn't have to die for anyone. And He wouldn't be called the Savior.

I'll be, what do you know? Jesus didn't know what He was talking about. Why would He say if you want to enter life, keep the commandments? Oh yeah, if you want to enter life in the swamps. Silly me.

He was called Savior before He came to this earth. How were the OT saints saved?

The Bible teaches that all are sinners and under sin. Which is why all need the Savior.

So they can enter life in the swamps? If you and I are sinners, and we are, I think the Savior knows very well how a man gets saved and enters life. Don't you think?

Upvote 0

FreeGrace2

Senior Veteran
Nov 15, 2012
USA
✟184,557.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
If you and I are sinners, and we are, I think the Savior knows very well how a man gets saved and enters life. Don't you think?
Yes, the Savior knows full well that your views are not only unorthodox, they are heretical.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums