✟278,567.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Syrian army to deploy along Turkish border in deal with Kurdish-led forces

The Syrian army will deploy along the length of the border with Turkey in an agreement with the Kurdish-led administration in northern Syria to help repel a Turkish offensive, the Kurdish-led administration said on Sunday.

The army deployment would support the Kurdish-led Syrian Democratic Forces in countering “this aggression and liberating the areas that the Turkish army and mercenaries had entered”, it said, in reference to Turkey-backed Syrian rebels.

It would also allow for the liberation of other Syrian cities occupied by the Turkish army such as Afrin, the statement said. The Turkish army and its Syrian rebel allies drove Kurdish forces from Afrin in 2018.

There are Syrian solutions to the issue that do not require endless deployments of US troops. Goodbye Washington, you will not be missed.

ArmenianJohn

Politically Liberal Christian Fundamentalist
Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Syrian army to deploy along Turkish border in deal with Kurdish-led forces

The Syrian army will deploy along the length of the border with Turkey in an agreement with the Kurdish-led administration in northern Syria to help repel a Turkish offensive, the Kurdish-led administration said on Sunday.

The army deployment would support the Kurdish-led Syrian Democratic Forces in countering “this aggression and liberating the areas that the Turkish army and mercenaries had entered”, it said, in reference to Turkey-backed Syrian rebels.

It would also allow for the liberation of other Syrian cities occupied by the Turkish army such as Afrin, the statement said. The Turkish army and its Syrian rebel allies drove Kurdish forces from Afrin in 2018.

There are Syrian solutions to the issue that do not require endless deployments of US troops. Goodbye Washington, you will not be missed.
Stupid America should not have been there to begin with, America had absolutely no business there and were told they weren't wanted, just like the Turks.

The stupid Kurds always side with the Turks and then get betrayed, and it happened again this time with the help of the stupid Americans who did the bidding of the Turks because Trump is Erdogan's lap dog.

Now leave it to President Assad, the only moral one in all of this and the true and duly elected leader of Syria to clean up this mess that the others made. Assad is bailing out the Kurds who rebelled against his government. Lucky for the Kurds that Syria and Assad have morals.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,110,051.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Stupid America should not have been there to begin with, America had absolutely no business there and were told they weren't wanted, just like the Turks.

The stupid Kurds always side with the Turks and then get betrayed, and it happened again this time with the help of the stupid Americans who did the bidding of the Turks because Trump is Erdogan's lap dog.

Now leave it to President Assad, the only moral one in all of this and the true and duly elected leader of Syria to clean up this mess that the others made. Assad is bailing out the Kurds who rebelled against his government. Lucky for the Kurds that Syria and Assad have morals.
Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't this all start because Assad used chemical weapons against his own people?

Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't this all start because Assad used chemical weapons against his own people?
Nope. While those allegations were raised more than once, they have never been borne out.

The reality is this.

The internal so-called "civil war" was actually a huge contingent of external forces (i.e. terrorist organizations) which were mostly Islamic fundamentalist groups (mainly ISIS) that tried to take over Syria to turn it into an Islamic caliphate. Along the way they did find native Syrians to support their cause, but that was a tiny minority of actual Syrians. As is often the case, when things like this happen, other parties, both internal and external (including other nations/governments) take advantage of the chaos to try to leverage the situation to their advantage.

Some of the groups and how they aligned and why are as follows:
- The actual Syrian government, led by President Assad, wanted the nation to remain free and to be made up of all religions where minority religions like Shiite Muslims, Alawites, Druze, Christians, Jews, Yazidis, pagans, etc. all had protection and freedom provided by Assad's government. Most of the people in Syria wanted and still want this.
- Additionally, Syria's government (Assad) was in a position to grant rights for an oil pipeline to be built through the nation. One option would be a pipeline from Qatar/Saudi/Jordan, the other would be from Iran. The former would benefit the US/UK/Europe and Saudi peninsula nations, the latter would benefit Russia and Iran. Assad was believed to be leaning towards the Russia/Iran option.
- ISIS and Al Qaeda and Al Nusra and the so-called "FSA - Free Syrian Army" often joined forces and cooperated (or occasionally fought each other) for the purpose of establishing an Islamic regime (probably to be controlled ultimately by a foreign government)
- The Kurds, a people without a nation, live in a large portion of Syria. They saw the opportunity to help fight ISIS but also sometimes to fight Assad as a way to finally establish a free country of their own. They made deals with any side that benefited them at the moment.
- Turkey, allied with US/UK/Europe, didn't want to be involved except to destroy the Kurds who also want to take land from Turkey as part of their independent nation.
- Of course, the US/UK/Europe stepped in as much as possible to help fight Assad because they believe he would go with the Iran/Russia pipeline, and Russia/Iran stepped in (welcomed by Assad) for the same reason, to defend their interests in it. The difference is that Russia/Iran were invited and their help welcomed while the US, Turkey, and their allies were not welcome or desired. In all this, the Kurds were used by whichever side in order to fight their enemies.

There's much more to it but that's the info that addresses the players involved in this particular thread's topic.

In regards to chemical weapons, a couple allegations were raised but shown to be likely hoaxes created to raise western ire against Assad in order to justify Western intervention (which was unwelcome by Syria). From the regular people in Syria it's their belief that not only did Assad not use chemical weapons against his own people but he is well loved by them and he defends them.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,110,051.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Nope. While those allegations were raised more than once, they have never been borne out.

The reality is this.

The internal so-called "civil war" was actually a huge contingent of external forces (i.e. terrorist organizations) which were mostly Islamic fundamentalist groups (mainly ISIS) that tried to take over Syria to turn it into an Islamic caliphate. Along the way they did find native Syrians to support their cause, but that was a tiny minority of actual Syrians. As is often the case, when things like this happen, other parties, both internal and external (including other nations/governments) take advantage of the chaos to try to leverage the situation to their advantage.

Some of the groups and how they aligned and why are as follows:
- The actual Syrian government, led by President Assad, wanted the nation to remain free and to be made up of all religions where minority religions like Shiite Muslims, Alawites, Druze, Christians, Jews, Yazidis, pagans, etc. all had protection and freedom provided by Assad's government. Most of the people in Syria wanted and still want this.
- Additionally, Syria's government (Assad) was in a position to grant rights for an oil pipeline to be built through the nation. One option would be a pipeline from Qatar/Saudi/Jordan, the other would be from Iran. The former would benefit the US/UK/Europe and Saudi peninsula nations, the latter would benefit Russia and Iran. Assad was believed to be leaning towards the Russia/Iran option.
- ISIS and Al Qaeda and Al Nusra and the so-called "FSA - Free Syrian Army" often joined forces and cooperated (or occasionally fought each other) for the purpose of establishing an Islamic regime (probably to be controlled ultimately by a foreign government)
- The Kurds, a people without a nation, live in a large portion of Syria. They saw the opportunity to help fight ISIS but also sometimes to fight Assad as a way to finally establish a free country of their own. They made deals with any side that benefited them at the moment.
- Turkey, allied with US/UK/Europe, didn't want to be involved except to destroy the Kurds who also want to take land from Turkey as part of their independent nation.
- Of course, the US/UK/Europe stepped in as much as possible to help fight Assad because they believe he would go with the Iran/Russia pipeline, and Russia/Iran stepped in (welcomed by Assad) for the same reason, to defend their interests in it. The difference is that Russia/Iran were invited and their help welcomed while the US, Turkey, and their allies were not welcome or desired. In all this, the Kurds were used by whichever side in order to fight their enemies.

There's much more to it but that's the info that addresses the players involved in this particular thread's topic.

In regards to chemical weapons, a couple allegations were raised but shown to be likely hoaxes created to raise western ire against Assad in order to justify Western intervention (which was unwelcome by Syria). From the regular people in Syria it's their belief that not only did Assad not use chemical weapons against his own people but he is well loved by them and he defends them.
Thank you for explaining all of this. It's very helpful.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,110,051.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
- Additionally, Syria's government (Assad) was in a position to grant rights for an oil pipeline to be built through the nation. One option would be a pipeline from Qatar/Saudi/Jordan,
Is this the same pipeline that the Saudis wanted to build across Iraq?

Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Is this the same pipeline that the Saudis wanted to build across Iraq?
Actually it's the Iran pipeline that wants to go through Iraq - I don't believe Saudi wants or needs to, they can go through Jordan, who they border.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,110,051.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Actually it's the Iran pipeline that wants to go through Iraq - I don't believe Saudi wants or needs to, they can go through Jordan, who they border.
OK. I ask because years ago, somewhere around 2005 or so, I saw a map with a pipeline running from Saudi Arabia across Iraq and Syria to Europe.

Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Oh yeah let me not dismiss it so blithely since all Syria's enemies (i.e. spurned pipeline lovers) claim it must be true. America and our allies would NEVER lie about things like chemical gas attacks or WMD or anything about any war. [/sarcasm]

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟433,247.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
....There are Syrian solutions to the issue that do not require endless deployments of US troops. Goodbye Washington, you will not be missed.
Wait... arent you the same person who said "Turkey is beginning genocide with Trump's green light"

Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Wait... arent you the same person who said "Turkey is beginning genocide with Trump's green light"
I don't know if he said it, but I definitely said that.

Upvote 0

BeholdenGlory

Oct 15, 2019
New York
✟17,635.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Assad is exactly the man, who's job it is, to protect the northern borders of his own country. The Syrian Kurds and Christians falling back into allegiance with Assad restores the natural balance of power in the region. And Assad is one of the very few friends Christians in the region still have.

There's a Syrian reporter who details the Syria situation from her inside perspective. SryianGirl (YouTube) or PartisanGirl (Twitter). You don't know Syria until you hear from her.

• Agree
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Assad is exactly the man, who's job it is, to protect the northern borders of his own country.
This is true, it's Assad's country and he with his friends the Russians should protect it. So why did Trump have our troops there to begin with? To help the Turks, ISIS, and Al Qaeda wreak havoc on Assad's country as revenge on him for not giving Saudi/Qatar/USA an oil pipeline. At this point, he owed it to Assad to keep the troops there to keep the Turks out. Also at this point we owe lots of restitution to Assad and Syria. So, while the overall truth is that Trump and the USA should never have had troops there, the reality is that they did keep American troops there to help enemies of Syria and Assad and we owe them restitution and assistance in cleaning up the mess we helped create for them. Trump was not withdrawing the troops at this time to help Assad but to hurt him and to allow the Turks to commit genocide against the many Christian villages that are in the area left exposed to the Turks.

Also, nobody, including Trump, knew that Assad would agree to help the Kurds because the Kurds, at America's behest, have been anti-Assad. Of course, now that Assad will help them, he will demand that the Kurds not fight for a free Kurdistan, so Trump left the Kurds high and dry. But it is good that America has finally given in to Assad and gotten out. I hope that when Assad and Russia kill many, many Turks America will stay out like they should.

The Syrian Kurds and Christians falling back into allegiance with Assad restores the natural balance of power in the region. And Assad is one of the very few friends Christians in the region still have.
That's true, but it doesn't restore the natural balance of power without great cost and burden that stupid America imposed on them. America doesn't care about Christians or the lives of innocent men, women, children, elderly, sick, etc. America only cares about oil and will gladly help kill innocent lives in the millions to get oil for our automobiles.

There's a Syrian reporter who details the Syria situation from her inside perspective. SryianGirl (YouTube) or PartisanGirl (Twitter). You don't know Syria until you hear from her.
I'll check out her videos. Although, I do know Syria from other Syrians like people in my own family.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ArmenianJohn

Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I think you forget Obama took us into Syria. Trump has been trying for years to get us out.
No I don't forget that. I also don't forget that Hillary wanted to wreak even more havoc in Syria if she became president and that's one of the main reasons I was so glad Trump beat her. I'm glad for the US troops to get out of Syria but I'm not happy with how Trump did it. He did it in a way as to leave the most people in the way of harm as much as possible and to give Turkey a chance to commit genocide and take land from Syria. It's good that now Assad is responding and hopefully Assad will kill many Turks as they try to advance into Syria.

But one has to wonder why Trump keeps troops in Afghanistan fighting a war and why Trump is sending troops to Saudi Arabia to help them fight their wars.

Upvote 0

BeholdenGlory

Oct 15, 2019
New York
✟17,635.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
I think sending them to S.A. is a temporary move. Afghanistan, there's a lot of opium & lithium in them there hills, and apparently that's enough to keep us there, for now.

I think Trump is just one dude working against a decade long military industrial complex led plan for the middle east. And he's actually making some progress. And I think it's important to appreciate that.

• Agree
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I think sending them to S.A. is a temporary move. Afghanistan, there's a lot of opium & lithium in them there hills, and apparently that's enough to keep us there, for now.

I think Trump is just one dude working against a decade long military industrial complex led plan for the middle east. And he's actually making some progress. And I think it's important to appreciate that.
Trump worship is a terrible thing

Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I'm actually quite critical of Trump from the right. I don't worship. I'm just not deranged by him.
But you are fabricating stories to help justify his actions. He didn't know or expect Syria to jump in and help the Kurds. Neither did I or anyone else. The Turks did some killing before Syria finally got involved, they even executed a Kurdish political leader and several others, some of which they got on video.

If you want to create and believe a story to justify his actions that's fine but don't present it as being factual. Call a spade a spade, even with Trump, even though you support him.

Upvote 0