Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2011
Europe
✟97,018.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What are your thoughts on synchronicity? Having experienced this, at the time I thought it felt like a kind of universal consciousness was trying to communicate - has anyone also had their own experiences and how did they reconcile this with their belief in God?

Yanni depp

Est. 1986
Jun 8, 2017
BC
✟71,722.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
If youd want to bear with me, and if i completely miss the mark, i apologize :) what little i learned, to me personally, synchronicity does sound a lot like the laws of attraction--- If i can make that comparison, i would guess that synchronicity is a more unconscious fruition of the laws of attraction.

Sending vibrations and energy out and recieving things back, I once heard someone say that it was watered-down physics. i believe our environment is governed by these laws to a degree.

But these laws were put into motion by the Creator of this universe. And i think it would be important to note that the laws of attraction and the soveriegn God of our existance arent the same thing. The only reason i say that is cause it seems that some people compared the universe to a magic genie that gives you whatever you want when harnessing the laws of attraction. They may view the laws of attraction that way, but God Himself cannot be manipulated by human thought.

So if synchronicity was being seen as Providence, I definitely think it could be that way, but youd have to look at the fruit of those occurences and what they are communicating to you/or what one thinks is being said, and how that would line up with the Word of God. Cause all in all, it could be either God moving, mans thoughts affecting his environment, or malevolent entities trying to decieve you.

Upvote 0

blossom15

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2011
Europe
✟97,018.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If youd want to bear with me, and if i completely miss the mark, i apologize :) what little i learned, to me personally, synchronicity does sound a lot like the laws of attraction--- If i can make that comparison, i would guess that synchronicity is a more unconscious fruition of the laws of attraction.

Sending vibrations and energy out and recieving things back, I once heard someone say that it was watered-down physics. i believe our environment is governed by these laws to a degree.

But these laws were put into motion by the Creator of this universe. And i think it would be important to note that the laws of attraction and the soveriegn God of our existance arent the same thing. The only reason i say that is cause it seems that some people compared the universe to a magic genie that gives you whatever you want when harnessing the laws of attraction. They may view the laws of attraction that way, but God Himself cannot be manipulated by human thought.

So if synchronicity was being seen as Providence, I definitely think it could be that way, but youd have to look at the fruit of those occurences and what they are communicating to you/or what one thinks is being said, and how that would line up with the Word of God. Cause all in all, it could be either God moving, mans thoughts affecting his environment, or malevolent entities trying to decieve you.

hi Yanni Depp, thanks for replying. Well certainly something 'supernatural' or so far unexplainable seems to have happened a number of times in my life where I've experienced synchronicity for a day or days at a time so I'm left wondering why is it happening to me, and not perhaps so much to my neighbour for example.

Really tired so hope to be back tomorrow.

• Friendly
Reactions: Yanni depp
Upvote 0

Rajni

☯ Ego ad Eum pertinent ☯
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2007
Visit site
✟1,241,508.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Single
What are your thoughts on synchronicity? Having experienced this, at the time I thought it felt like a kind of universal consciousness was trying to communicate - has anyone also had their own experiences and how did they reconcile this with their belief in God?
I'm a big believer in synchronicity. I think they mesh just fine with my belief in God. In fact, they've been referred to as "God-winks".

Upvote 0

blossom15

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2011
Europe
✟97,018.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm a big believer in synchronicity. I think they mesh just fine with my belief in God. In fact, they've been referred to as "God-winks".
Thanks for your reply RayJeena.

They definitely seem to point to a Divine Intelligence existing - its just that sometimes they can seem a bit crazy in the references that are made.

Upvote 0

Kevin.worthy

Jul 12, 2017
Provo, UT
✟15,747.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Single

What do you mean by synchronicity?

Upvote 0

Kevin.worthy

Jul 12, 2017
Provo, UT
✟15,747.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Single
Coincidences that are meaningful to the observer.

That's a very broad topic. I think that some coincidences are arranged by God. I'm not sure if he arranges all of them though. I don't see why the devil couldn't also arrange some types of coincidences. In discerning whether a particular coincidence is something that God has arranged in order to communicate a particular message, I believe that it is important to seek the guidance and inspiration of the Holy Ghost. That may not be necessary in all cases, but I would expect it to be helpful in difficult cases.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HopeInJesusOnly

Sep 18, 2019
Home
✟14,230.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

God-winks!!! I love this idea! Thank you for sharing.

Reactions: Rajni
Upvote 0

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Test these things against the Bible...what is the fruit? I have certainly experienced this in my life. It's often hard to explain to others about how God will tailor make a situation to speak to you. But, a person can take it too far and start seeing it everywhere until it becomes superstition.

Upvote 0

zippy2006

Dragonsworn
Nov 9, 2013
✟244,837.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single

A deep experience of Jung's synchronicity does seem to border on the idea of a universal consciousness, as you say. I think Averroes and Avicenna must have drawn their idea of a world-intellect from similar experiences.

The general historical interpretation seems to be that it is a kind of participation in in higher intelligences (e.g. celestial spheres, the gods, angelic activity, or in Tolkien's usage, "The music of Ainur"). It also seems related to the Eastern notion of wu wei.

Jung's interpretation is rather unique in being more or less passive. In many cultures and religions, a state wherein one enters into a deep perception of synchronicity is at least synergistic, with one's human agency functioning as an important part of the experience.

The Christian interpretation would say that it is a function of created reality, and therefore even the saints who promote it do not see it as overly important--certainly not as important as divine union. A possible exception would be the Orthodox who may interpret it as a participation in God's energies.

Upvote 0

zippy2006

Dragonsworn
Nov 9, 2013
✟244,837.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Coincidences that are meaningful to the observer.

When asked for evidence Jung would provide examples of unlikely coincidences, but he thought the principle went much deeper than that. For example, in studying the I Ching he came to believe that such augury or 'reading of signs' rested on the same principle of synchronicity, where synchronic events--events that happen simultaneously--co-imply each other and somehow point to and give information about each other. "Synchronic" and "Coincident" have etymological similarities, but their usage and meaning has come to vary fairly significantly insofar as a coincidence is now understood to be an unintelligible accident. "It was just a coincidence."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums