SyFy's Lost Girl promotes demonic Succubus Sex

Jan 26, 2013
✟15,298.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
New SyFy series. Haven't even seen it yet, but I've seen the ads. Read a review and they said it was 'campy'. So what. They may promote it in a fun way, but they are still promoting demonic sex, which is a very real problem.

[SIZE=+1]http://www.issacharministry.org.au/peters-blog/incubus-and-succubus-night-demons/[/SIZE]

The names “incubus” and “succubus” are familiar terms in psychiatry where dreams of being sexually harassed are identified with these. In fact this isn’t really a psychological problem, or even one to do with nightmares. The incubi and succubi are demonic forces that sexually visit their victims at night. The incubus is a “male” demon who attacks and violates woman, and the succubi is a “female” demon who seduces and attacks men. In some cases it’s be known that the male incubi demon will visit men for the purpose of sodomy. The succubi also will engage in lesbian attacks upon women.
I’m writing about this because many Christians believe that these visitations are nothing more than horrid nightmares. In some cases it seems that the nightmare (which is from the Latin meaning to “lie upon”) is just that – a bad dream. But occasionally this is nothing to do with bad dreams, but can be an actual demonic visitation. The attacks from these spirits may begin by the victim having sexually arousing dreams, but that’s only a vehicle for what comes next. I’ve written a small e-book on the subject that explains the history and methods of attack by these demons. It also gives practical advice on how to defeat these demons in the name of Jesus.

Solomon Kane

Jun 26, 2005
Columbus, OH. USA
✟19,475.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Politics
US-Constitution
And the Superbowl halftime shows are satanic rituals designed by the Illuminati.
The Gay Mafia wants to turn all our children into homosexuals.
Obama is the Antichrist.
And anything that even hints at using the supernatural for a plot point in entertainment must obviously come from Satan.

Upvote 0

LadyNRA

Feb 21, 2006
✟8,360.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I saw a fair number of these episodes and had some extremely mixed feelings. I liked some of the characters and some of the power plays between light and dark Fae. However, I did NOT like the amount of lesbian sex. Have no interest in seeing any of that (one reason I stopped watching Torchwood). I didn't mind the other subject matter but watching two men or two women doing the naughty just does not appeal and Bo, by the nature of her character, really doesn't care who she has 'relations' with. Just my opinion of course.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

2bituser

New SyFy series. Haven't even seen it yet, but I've seen the ads. Read a review and they said it was 'campy'. So what. They may promote it in a fun way, but they are still promoting demonic sex, which is a very real problem.

[SIZE=+1]http://www.issacharministry.org.au/peters-blog/incubus-and-succubus-night-demons/[/SIZE]

The names “incubus” and “succubus” are familiar terms in psychiatry where dreams of being sexually harassed are identified with these. In fact this isn’t really a psychological problem, or even one to do with nightmares. The incubi and succubi are demonic forces that sexually visit their victims at night. The incubus is a “male” demon who attacks and violates woman, and the succubi is a “female” demon who seduces and attacks men. In some cases it’s be known that the male incubi demon will visit men for the purpose of sodomy. The succubi also will engage in lesbian attacks upon women.
I’m writing about this because many Christians believe that these visitations are nothing more than horrid nightmares. In some cases it seems that the nightmare (which is from the Latin meaning to “lie upon”) is just that – a bad dream. But occasionally this is nothing to do with bad dreams, but can be an actual demonic visitation. The attacks from these spirits may begin by the victim having sexually arousing dreams, but that’s only a vehicle for what comes next. I’ve written a small e-book on the subject that explains the history and methods of attack by these demons. It also gives practical advice on how to defeat these demons in the name of Jesus.

I hope these demons aren't having sex outside of marriage.

Upvote 0

LadyNRA

Feb 21, 2006
✟8,360.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
its not promoting that, thats rediculous, its just a tv show... don't like it? don't watch. simple.

I have to say that in general this comment does not work anymore. In past years if you didn't like the theme of a show, you didn't turn it on. But in these days you can watch a pirate show because you like adventure and pirates, ie. Black Sails, only to discover that part way in your are suddenly viewing two women going at it very noisily and without doubts about what is going on. So then I have to miss an entire show about a topic I might like just to avoid the sex scenes I know will be thrown in there OR keep the remote in my lap and start channel flipping until it's over. And no TV show is immune this days. Both gay and hetero sex scenes have become explicit and almost every show is throwing those scenes in so there is no "don't like it, don't watch." It's no longer simple except to say "I guess I'll have to stop watching all TV." Since I won't be doing that, when I get that stuff thrown at me, I can only roll my eyes in frustration and set my remote to switch to a 'safe' show for a few minutes.

Upvote 0

random person

1 COR. 10:11; HEB. 1:2; HEB. 9:26,28; 1 PET. 1:20
Dec 10, 2013
Riverside California
✟14,087.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
I've seen a few episodes of Lost Girl and have to say one of the main protagonists is a bisexual succubi who seems to prefer women. And she has a completely human appearance too.

There are scenes that made me cringe. And I never got into the show.

It is rather difficult to avoid scenes portraying fornication or adultery. But we must not forget actors are professionals and that they are surrounded by crews of people, spfx personnel, the cameramen, and the director.

It is nearly unavoidable in today's cinema. Excessive sexuality in a movie can put me off though.

But hey, I always have Turners Classic Movies to fall back on too.

Upvote 0