Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My 82 year old parents came down with the CCV at Thanksgiving. I went to NY to take care of them, along with my brother and sister. We nearly lost my father....but thank the Lord, he finally rallied and pulled thru. Mom was very sick, but came thru very well. Then all 3 of us kids got it...I was very sick, had a couple days that I didn't know if I was going to make it or not....my brother and sister faired much better than I. I had slept on my parents bedroom floor for 10 days, getting up practically every hour, checking their Oxygen, temps, helping them to the bathroom, etc...it really took a toll on me. I've never been so sick for so long in my life....but I'm SO THANKFUL that God saw us all through, and we are still in the LAND OF THE LIVING! And now, I have my antibodies ~ for LIFE, I hope! Far better than any vaccine!

Isilwen

Oct 13, 2019
Florida
✟161,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
And now, I have my antibodies ~ for LIFE, I hope! Far better than any vaccine!

I guess it depends on the person. The husband of my girlfriend's ex-husband's girlfriend is on his second go-around with Covid-19. He refuses to be vaccinated. His first go-around was about four months ago. I know of a few others who have gotten it repeatedly as well and they too aren't vaccinated.

Still not sure why one must call it the Chinese coronavirus. It is called Covid-19. Calling it the Chinese Coronavirus has only disparaged China and has brought unfair condemnation and racial hate towards innocent Chinese citizens. Our former president is the one that started it and he did it for a reason.

IMHO, as Christians, we need to be above that and just call it Covid-19 or the Coronavirus.

Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟988,614.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Twice here, both of us very early on when the medical profession remained baffled. My Doc disagrees w/me because of my immune system constitution has now kept me quite well through these last couple of winters. God has been merciful!

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I guess it depends on the person. The husband of my girlfriend's ex-husband's girlfriend is on his second go-around with Covid-19. He refuses to be vaccinated. His first go-around was about four months ago. I know of a few others who have gotten it repeatedly as well and they too aren't vaccinated.

Still not sure why one must call it the Chinese coronavirus. It is called Covid-19. Calling it the Chinese Coronavirus has only disparaged China and has brought unfair condemnation and racial hate towards innocent Chinese citizens. Our former president is the one that started it and he did it for a reason.

IMHO, as Christians, we need to be above that and just call it Covid-19 or the Coronavirus.

Do you have evidence that the hate we have seen visited on Asian in the US is caused by calling a virus by its country of origin? Additionally, what one calls a virus is irrelevant to one's duty as a Christian. It is what one intends when one speaks those matters. Love God and love one's neighbor. If one is saying something to harm another, then one is acting impiously but using a term based in fact with no intention of harm is righteous. I cannot know the intentions of the poster you replied to so I cannot pretend to know if harm was intended by how the virus was characterized.

Upvote 0

Isilwen

Oct 13, 2019
Florida
✟161,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
Do you have evidence that the hate we have seen visited on Asian in the US is caused by calling a virus by its country of origin?

"As all Americans grew accustomed to a “new normal” secluded lifestyle (e.g., social distancing requirements and stay-at-home orders) and mounting anxieties about the spread of COVID-19, Asian Americans (i.e., people of diverse ethnicities with origins in East Asia and Southeast Asia1) – have been additionally burdened by heightened racial tension and associated racist microaggressions and verbal attacks. Asian Americans have also reported a surge in a second epidemic targeting them specifically – racially motivated hate crimes involving physical violence and harassment – despite the disease impacting people of all races/ethnicities (Chiu, 2020)."

Anti-Asian Hate Crime During the COVID-19 Pandemic: Exploring the Reproduction of Inequality (nih.gov)

Upvote 0

The Narrow Way

Master Herbalist
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2011
Ohio
Visit site
✟150,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

BOTH vaccinated and unvaccinated can catch the Chinese Corona virus again, after having had it ~Can You Get Covid Twice? – Cleveland Clinic

It originated in CHINA....I believe the CHINESE GOVT. cooked it up in their labs to kill people....this post is not against the CHINESE PEOPLE but I think it right to call out the COMMUNIST CHINESE GOVT. for what they have done.

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"As all Americans grew accustomed to a “new normal” secluded lifestyle (e.g., social distancing requirements and stay-at-home orders) and mounting anxieties about the spread of COVID-19, Asian Americans (i.e., people of diverse ethnicities with origins in East Asia and Southeast Asia1) – have been additionally burdened by heightened racial tension and associated racist microaggressions and verbal attacks. Asian Americans have also reported a surge in a second epidemic targeting them specifically – racially motivated hate crimes involving physical violence and harassment – despite the disease impacting people of all races/ethnicities (Chiu, 2020)."

Anti-Asian Hate Crime During the COVID-19 Pandemic: Exploring the Reproduction of Inequality (nih.gov)

The ask was to show a cause-and-effect relationship between what one calls the virus and violence against Asians. You have not even addressed it in the quote you provided. If people were to call it the Candian virus, would you expect we would see a spike in violence against Canadians? Japanese virus? Ecuadorian virus? Irish virus? Simply by calling it any of those things would those groups be targeted for violence.

Upvote 0

Isilwen

Oct 13, 2019
Florida
✟161,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
BOTH vaccinated and unvaccinated can catch the Chinese Corona virus again, after having had it

Don't think I said otherwise.

It originated in CHINA

Yes, it did.

I believe the CHINESE GOVT. cooked it up in their labs to kill people

I do not agree.

this post is not against the CHINESE PEOPLE but I think it right to call out the COMMUNIST CHINESE GOVT. for what they have done.

The issue that I have is that unfortunately, all it is doing is breeding hatred towards Asians as a culture.

Upvote 0

The Narrow Way

Master Herbalist
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2011
Ohio
Visit site
✟150,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Twice here, both of us very early on when the medical profession remained baffled. My Doc disagrees w/me because of my immune system constitution has now kept me quite well through these last couple of winters. God has been merciful!
So you had it twice? Was the 2nd time as bad as the 1st?

Reactions: rocknanchor
Upvote 0

Isilwen

Oct 13, 2019
Florida
✟161,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
The ask was to show a cause-and-effect relationship between what one calls the virus and violence against Asians. You have not even addressed it in the quote you provided.

Did you even read the link I gave you? I quoted a small section of the post. Please do not be disingenuous.

I cannot believe that as Christians we are even having an argument about this. We should refrain from it. End of story. I am really starting to see where my girlfriend is right, that Christians give Christians a bad name. We do it to ourselves.

I am bowing out of the conversation as it is apparent only hatred will be seen as good in this thread and I want no part of it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

The Narrow Way

Master Herbalist
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2011
Ohio
Visit site
✟150,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Did you even read the link I gave you? I quoted a small section of the post. Please do not be disingenuous.

I cannot believe that as Christians we are even having an argument about this. We should refrain from it. End of story. I am really starting to see where my girlfriend is right, that Christians give Christians a bad name. We do it to ourselves.

I am bowing out of the conversation as it is apparent only hatred will be seen as good in this thread and I want no part of it.
You are really twisting things. I've seen NO HATRED toward Asian people whatsoever in this thread. I feel very sorry for Asians who have to live under the godless Communist govt.

Upvote 0

Isilwen

Oct 13, 2019
Florida
✟161,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
You are really twisting things. I've seen NO HATRED toward Asian people whatsoever in this thread. I feel very sorry for Asians who have to live under the godless Communist govt.

Then I am sorry for not explaining myself well enough.

By calling it the Chinese Coronavirus you are helping to perpetuate the hatred towards Asians.

I hope that explains it better. You may not be spewing hate, but indirectly you are contributing to it.

Upvote 0

The Narrow Way

Master Herbalist
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2011
Ohio
Visit site
✟150,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

I've never been one to be POLITICALLY CORRECT, and I'm not about to start now. I believe that Homosexuals should be called Homosexuals and not Gays (and I don't hate homosexuals, I have someone very near and dear to me who is living that lifestyle and we have a wonderful relationship.) I believe Liars should be called Liars and not Story Tellers. Being Politically Correct is often very misleading and not honest.

Upvote 0

The Narrow Way

Master Herbalist
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2011
Ohio
Visit site
✟150,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Then I am sorry for not explaining myself well enough.

By calling it the Chinese Coronavirus you are helping to perpetuate the hatred towards Asians.

I hope that explains it better. You may not be spewing hate, but indirectly you are contributing to it.
You are welcome to your opinion but I don't agree. There are many Chinese themselves who hate their Govt....and want people to call out the evilness of Communism, something they do not have the freedom to do. Only very shallow people would hate the Chinese people because of what the Chinese Govt. has done.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

grasping the after wind

Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

If there is something in the article that gives evidence that calling the virus a particular name cause violence against Asians, why did you not quote that rather than quote something that did not give any such evidence?

No one has given you any reason to accuse them of seeing hatred as good. Questioning your opinion, that what one calls a virus will cause people to hate others based upon that label, is not equivalent to saying hatred is good. It is merely asking a question. Pointing out that the quote you provided did not contain evidence that calling the virus a particular name causes people to hate Asians is not equivalent to saying hatred is good. It is merely pointing out that you have not made the case for your assertion that calling the virus "the Chinese virus" causes people to hate Asians.
My own opinion would be that there are those that hate Asian and have found that the recent ignoring of lawlessness and the social circumstances within US society has given them an excuse to act upon that. I sincerely doubt it was because someone called a virus the Chinese virus.

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
BOTH vaccinated and unvaccinated can catch the Chinese Corona virus again, after having had it ~Can You Get Covid Twice? – Cleveland Clinic

It originated in CHINA....I believe the CHINESE GOVT. cooked it up in their labs to kill people....this post is not against the CHINESE PEOPLE but I think it right to call out the COMMUNIST CHINESE GOVT. for what they have done.
You believe what?! The Chinese government "cooked’ the virus up in a lab? What lab? Where did you hear this?

I work with a lot of Chinese people and they experienced a lot of hate and people avoiding them in the beginning, it’s not a coincidence. Can you please stop calling it that, out of respect for the Chinese people you ssh you have no issue with?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.