Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I guess it depends on the person. The husband of my girlfriend's ex-husband's girlfriend is on his second go-around with Covid-19. He refuses to be vaccinated. His first go-around was about four months ago. I know of a few others who have gotten it repeatedly as well and they too aren't vaccinated.

Still not sure why one must call it the Chinese coronavirus. It is called Covid-19. Calling it the Chinese Coronavirus has only disparaged China and has brought unfair condemnation and racial hate towards innocent Chinese citizens. Our former president is the one that started it and he did it for a reason.

IMHO, as Christians, we need to be above that and just call it Covid-19 or the Coronavirus.

Great post!

Reactions: Pioneer3mm
Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
BOTH vaccinated and unvaccinated can catch the Chinese Corona virus again, after having had it ~Can You Get Covid Twice? – Cleveland Clinic

It originated in CHINA....I believe the CHINESE GOVT. cooked it up in their labs to kill people....this post is not against the CHINESE PEOPLE but I think it right to call out the COMMUNIST CHINESE GOVT. for what they have done.

Your first sentence sets the tone. Nobody knows the origin of COVID-19. It may have been a lab in China, but maybe not.

And the post clearly shows that loving your neighbor is sometimes hard for some people.

Upvote 0

Taodeching

Oct 29, 2020
Southwest
✟60,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And the post clearly shows that loving your neighbor is sometimes hard for some people.

Indeed it is. Sometimes we are a victim to our own prejudices that we can not see. Reminds me of the wars we had, we always called the enemy names to make us feel good about ourselves. We tend to forget we are all made in the imago dei, even our enemies. As far as the OP I am glad she and hers are better but a much better title could have been used

Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟376,269.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My 82 year old parents came down with the CCV at Thanksgiving. I went to NY to take care of them, along with my brother and sister. We nearly lost my father....but thank the Lord, he finally rallied and pulled thru. Mom was very sick, but came thru very well. Then all 3 of us kids got it...I was very sick, had a couple days that I didn't know if I was going to make it or not....my brother and sister faired much better than I. I had slept on my parents bedroom floor for 10 days, getting up practically every hour, checking their Oxygen, temps, helping them to the bathroom, etc...it really took a toll on me. I've never been so sick for so long in my life....but I'm SO THANKFUL that God saw us all through, and we are still in the LAND OF THE LIVING! And now, I have my antibodies ~ for LIFE, I hope! Far better than any vaccine!
We Praise God and thank you for your mercy and strength. May our faith increase day by day that your name be glorified amen. I am so happy that you and your family got through it. It hand hit my family also. My wife thought she was going to die and was ready to up the ghost but I kept her on her feet every couple hours and made sure she ate and drank properly. The kids had it as if a regular cold and I never got tested but think I had it twice. Both times very manageable. God is so good!

Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟376,269.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Your first sentence sets the tone. Nobody knows the origin of COVID-19. It may have been a lab in China, but maybe not.

Judgement in saying some one doesn’t love their neighbor because they say something that one does not agree with is rather wanting and subjective.
It could also be said that not saying something because someone does not agree with it is showing you don’t love your neighbor.

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟352,946.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
My 82 year old parents came down with the CCV at Thanksgiving. I went to NY to take care of them, along with my brother and sister. We nearly lost my father....but thank the Lord, he finally rallied and pulled thru. Mom was very sick, but came thru very well. Then all 3 of us kids got it...I was very sick, had a couple days that I didn't know if I was going to make it or not....my brother and sister faired much better than I. I had slept on my parents bedroom floor for 10 days, getting up practically every hour, checking their Oxygen, temps, helping them to the bathroom, etc...it really took a toll on me. I've never been so sick for so long in my life....but I'm SO THANKFUL that God saw us all through, and we are still in the LAND OF THE LIVING! And now, I have my antibodies ~ for LIFE, I hope! Far better than any vaccine!
Bless your heart and your family!

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟352,946.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
BOTH vaccinated and unvaccinated can catch the Chinese Corona virus again, after having had it ~Can You Get Covid Twice? – Cleveland Clinic

It originated in CHINA....I believe the CHINESE GOVT. cooked it up in their labs to kill people....this post is not against the CHINESE PEOPLE but I think it right to call out the COMMUNIST CHINESE GOVT. for what they have done.
I have had it twice almost 2 years apart. The second one left me with what seemed half a brain. i agree with you on it's creation and once said it but since have decided against voicing that judgment. I do hope the after affects have been mild for you and yours.
Happy new year everyone!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟283,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Only very shallow people would hate the Chinese people because of what the Chinese Govt. has done.
And there are plenty of thee who do not need much encouragement to vent their hatred on anyone who even looks Asian.

Reactions: Taodeching
Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟283,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I've seen NO HATRED toward Asian people whatsoever in this thread.
I would hope not and that it would not be tolerated. But slurs seem to be tolerated.

• Agree
Reactions: Taodeching
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Petros2015

Jun 23, 2016
undisclosed Bunker
✟289,851.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Last edited:
Upvote 0

mama2one

Apr 8, 2018
U.S.A.
✟257,683.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Still not sure why one must call it the Chinese coronavirus. It is called Covid-19.

thank you!
it is covid

let's not go back to the ex Presidents talk of it & how he said "Chyna"

seeing reports on news of elderly Chinese woman beat up and other hate crimes against Asians is despicable

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian