Mrs. Luther073082

Commit to the LORD whatever you do - Proverbs 16:3
Jan 18, 2006
✟41,836.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Don't take offense. I wasn't even talking to you.

If I was talking to you I'd have said something like,"Yah, getting hit with the one-two combo would mess me up too.", but I didn't know how to word it witty so I refrained. This is my apology for a miscommunication.

No problem, I think I was in a grumpy mood when I posted that anyway.

Upvote 0

Mrs. Luther073082

Jan 18, 2006
✟41,836.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
We get creaturebeasties in the basement where I live -everyone else likes to call them Wolf Spiders. :help: These things haul butt when you try to kill them so you have to be sly and sneak up on them. And you can't just use a shoe.
Up until recently I have been using our vacuum (the in-wall tank type) to suck up the bad boys. I just use the 3 foot extension and leave the vacuum running for 20 mins and I thought I was good to go until my aunt tells me they just LIVE in the cylinder and wait until it's safe to come out. I call shenanigans on that, however I want to buy one of those bugkiller sucker-uppers. It sucks up the spider and then proceeds to grind it up til there's nothing left!

Anyone know where I can find one? :sorry:

We used to have wolf spiders in our basement in South Carolina. I had moved into the basement because I had moved out from an abusive boyfriend situation. I saw at least three ginormous spiders per week. They surprised me in various ways including jumping out of the keyboard drawer, hiding under a glove that was on the floor (that I picked up), running in the door at my bare feet when I opened it, climbing on my hand, running out from behind the toilet whilst I was using it, etc. I fought back against them with things like baseball bats, tissue boxes, books, pool cues (which is so gross but at the time I was freaking out because the spider was running at me and a pool cue seemed like a good idea at the moment), hair spray, liquid soap, windex, etc.... and then we finally invested in Hot Shot Spider Spray :sorry: :blush:

Upvote 0

JonMiller

Senior Veteran
Jun 6, 2007
✟23,331.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Awesome.

One of my frenids who I visit with has their apartment taken over by roaches. Like there are large ones running around at all times. They have their food sealed up, but I still just eat stuff out of the fridge (where I dont' see any) and wash anything I use to eat. I still use the microwave, although when I do I see the cockroackes running around inside (While it is on).

I thought you were refreing to a serious creaturebeast, like a mouse or a rat. That would be a lot cooler.

I will have to remember to use creaturebeast myself sometime.

JM

Upvote 0

Mrs. Luther073082

Jan 18, 2006
✟41,836.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Awesome.

One of my frenids who I visit with has their apartment taken over by roaches. Like there are large ones running around at all times. They have their food sealed up, but I still just eat stuff out of the fridge (where I dont' see any) and wash anything I use to eat. I still use the microwave, although when I do I see the cockroackes running around inside (While it is on).

I thought you were refreing to a serious creaturebeast, like a mouse or a rat. That would be a lot cooler.

I will have to remember to use creaturebeast myself sometime.

JM

If I lived in a place like that I could see myself going insane and living in my car or something. My family did stay in a townhouse temporarily during a move one time and it had a lot of roaches. They weren't nearly as bad as what you described above but it was still bad. We had the exterminator come but it was not effective. I was freaking out. I would only eat packaged or frozen food, on paper plates (that were kept in tupperware containners) with packaged silverware or silverware that was kept in a tupperware container, and I had all my clothes in air tight bags (even my underwear was put in ziplocks), I slept with the lights on at night (because roaches supposedly don't like light), and I slept with the covers over my head even though it was hot.

Mice are nasty and probably more dangerous because they can bite and carry diseases but I don't think I would be as scared of a mouse as I am of a roach. I haven't seen any mice so I don't know. I haven't seen any rats, either, but I would definitely freak out if I did (because rats are big).

Upvote 0

Mrs. Luther073082

Jan 18, 2006
✟41,836.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
I would be upset and shocked if I found a snake in my house but to look at one would not be as disturbing to me as seeing a roach. I could look at a snake and be calm and form a plan of action or call someone to get it out. I would have no issues with holding a snake if I knew it was not poisoness. But when I see a roach my brain goes into some mode where I do things automatically without thought. So I'll probably have some freak accident death one day from running into a wall or falling out window while trying to get away from a roach. I have actually run into a wall before :( I'm surprised I didn't hurt myself jumping out of the shower the other day.

Upvote 0

latteda

You're not my nemesis
Jan 8, 2005
Southern US
✟14,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I would be upset and shocked if I found a snake in my house but to look at one would not be as disturbing to me as seeing a roach. I could look at a snake and be calm and form a plan of action or call someone to get it out. I would have no issues with holding a snake if I knew it was not poisoness. But when I see a roach my brain goes into some mode where I do things automatically without thought. So I'll probably have some freak accident death one day from running into a wall or falling out window while trying to get away from a roach. I have actually run into a wall before :( I'm surprised I didn't hurt myself jumping out of the shower the other day.
I just have this fear that I will wake up with one in my bed. I've dreamed that so many times!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums