Nowhere
✟36,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Celibate
But, you killed the argument by agreeing with me!

I didn't agree with you. I was merely admiring the high level of skill and intelligence dominating our debate to this point.

Also, Led Zeppeling pwnz j00.

Upvote 0

Michael G

Abe Frohmann
Feb 22, 2004
Six-burgh, Pa
Visit site
✟95,591.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I didn't agree with you. I was merely admiring the high level of skill and intelligence dominating our debate to this point.

Also, Led Zeppeling pwnz j00.

Was it Led Zaepplin in 19th C Russia? I am thinking not.

Upvote 0

SeraphimSarov

Пресвятая Богородица, спаси нас...
Feb 16, 2007
Nowhere
✟36,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Celibate
Was it Led Zaepplin in 19th C Russia? I am thinking not.

That's where you'd be wrong. You know the song "Stairway to Heaven?" Merely a thinly veiled reference to the Ladder of Divine Ascent. Fr. Vasiliy digs it.

Upvote 0

Michael G

Abe Frohmann
Feb 22, 2004
Six-burgh, Pa
Visit site
✟95,591.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
That's where you'd be wrong. You know the song "Stairway to Heaven?" Merely a thinly veiled reference to the Ladder of Divine Ascent. Fr. Vasiliy digs it.

I doubt that, but the song "The Great Gig in the Sky" is about death and the afterlife.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SeraphimSarov

Feb 16, 2007
Nowhere
✟36,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Celibate
Upvote 0

buzuxi02

Veteran
May 14, 2006
New York
✟212,454.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I think even Eastern Catholic see the difference between Latin and Eastern...

Personally it drives me crazy sometimes how we (Eastern Catholic) can reconcile both...

I'm going to have to tell you the truth here , i dont want to hurt your feelings, but eastern catholic bishops no longer hold a correct ecclesiology, In eastern catholicism reconcilling opposing views is possible because doctrinal unity is not a teaching of your church. Doctrinal agreement is not a prerequisite for sharing of the communion cup. This is best seen in the situation in Antioch where the canons of the ecumenical councils only allows for one canonical jurisdiction per territory ( no overlapping or competing bishops claiming to be the same church). In union with Rome are three seperate Antiochan patriarchs, all claiming to be the successors of St Peter and yet are all in communion with each other while holding differing views:

Syriac patriarch of Antioch and all the East- miaphyisite, non-chalcedon, only recognizes first 3 ecumenical councils
byzantine patriarch of Antioch and all the east- melkite chalcedonian recognizes 7 ecumenical councils
Maronite patriarch of Antioch- monotheletes, recognize only first 5 ecumenical councils

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SeraphimSarov

Feb 16, 2007
Nowhere
✟36,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Celibate
Upvote 0