Messy

Jan 30, 2011
Holland
✟21,082.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
And he/she says: I want to spend time with you every day for 2,5 hours, just the two of us.
What would your response be?
- 2,5 hours only? That's not enough.
- Of course, I'll make sure I have time for that
- No way, what are you, a legalist?

How is our response when our Bridegroom knocks and knocks and knocks on the door if He can please have some time?
-Wait a minute, I have to post on cf, next week maybe, I first have to go to a dating site. Sorry I'm very busy busy busy.

ks777

Start singing
May 8, 2009
Other world
✟16,650.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
And he/she says: I want to spend time with you every day for 2,5 hours, just the two of us.

How is our response when our Bridegroom knocks and knocks and knocks on the door if He can please have some time?
-Wait a minute, I have to post on cf, next week maybe, I first have to go to a dating site. Sorry I'm very busy busy busy.
Probably, - No way, what are you, a legalist? lol

I don't know but it sounds like a burden to have to spend x amount of time each day together, I'd rather just see what happens and let it be. But so she doesn't think I just don't want to spend time with her, I'd probably say "Hey baby, I don't want our relationship to fall into a boring routine, when we see each other should be spontaneous and unexpected, not because I'm obligated to :D"

Upvote 0

Messy

Jan 30, 2011
Holland
✟21,082.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Probably, - No way, what are you, a legalist? lol

I don't know but it sounds like a burden to have to spend x amount of time each day together, I'd rather just see what happens and let it be. But so she doesn't think I just don't want to spend time with her, I'd probably say "Hey baby, I don't want our relationship to fall into a boring routine, when we see each other should be spontaneous and unexpected, not because I'm obligated to :D"

That makes sense. We had a preaching about tithing time today and I was like: What? But then I thought it would be no problem at all if I just met someone. I used to do it and watch my clock until I had payed my tithes, lol. I have a picture of my grandma visiting, looking on her watch. That's no good sign. I could spend more time with Him though.

Upvote 0

TheOliveSeed

0-_-0
Dec 6, 2009
Canada
✟15,332.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
While I think couples should spend enough time together, I wouldn't be too keen on my partner telling me I've to spend a certain amount of time with him each day. One person shouldn't be dictating how much time should be spent together; both of us should agree on what works for us. During the weekend, I would definitely want to spend quality time together, but during the week it should be spontaneous, like if we're both free after work and aren't tired, then of course. Spending time together shouldn't be an obligation.

Upvote 0

Messy

Jan 30, 2011
Holland
✟21,082.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
God let us have Sunday to worship Him. It is good to spend daily time with our God but we must do our daily job also.

If you love Him you will want to be with Him but not at exactly a specific amount of time but at an amount of time that is pleasurable to both.

Hey that makes sense, is that why there's the sabbath? We don't want that rule so we make other rules. I think if your whole life belongs to someone spending time isn't a problem. When I look back at how much I prayed or just sat in His Presence, listeningthe last months somethings wrong.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

If someone came up with a strict rule of 2.5 hours a day, I would immediately think OCD was in play.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Deidre32

Follow Thy Heart
Mar 23, 2014
Somewhere else...
✟74,866.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
If I were dating someone and he asked that, it would depend on the situation, of course. It sounds like someone who likes to have boundaries set, which isn't always a bad thing. But, I'm more of a 'go with the flow' type of person, and don't like to have 'time carved out' like that.

Upvote 0

MassiCo

Remember your first love
Jan 31, 2015
✟18,350.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Oh, forgot to add that I had a BF who was like this. His rule? He'd only see his GF (at the time, me) once a week. Why? Because that's what him and his friend did. A way to keep us in check. I tried cause I really liked him, but in the end broke it off. It hurt too much.

Upvote 0

sehnsucht9

Sep 1, 2014
✟15,682.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Oh, forgot to add that I had a BF who was like this. His rule? He'd only see his GF (at the time, me) once a week. Why? Because that's what him and his friend did. A way to keep us in check. I tried cause I really liked him, but in the end broke it off. It hurt too much.

Eek.

It all seems like boot camp not a relationship. No passion.

Upvote 0

Messy

Jan 30, 2011
Holland
✟21,082.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What I got from your post is that we don't spend enough time in His presence. I'm very guilty of this. It needs to change. Thank you so much for this Messy.

Yes that's I what I meant. Maybe I should have said: If someone tells you they want to see you every day or a lot or something, by the way, when you're married it's normal to spend hours together, if not, the marriage is bad, lol, like my last one where we'd sit in a seperate corner, he with his WOW and I with my just discovered forums.

Upvote 0

Ubuntu

wayfaring stranger
Mar 7, 2012
✟33,907.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Thanks Messy!

Food for thought indeed! As Christians we should strive to live our lives in such a way that we can abide in the presence of Christ at all times. Everything we do should be done for the glory of God.

Of course we often fail in this respect, the reality is often far from such a goal, yet to have an unbroken communion with Christ is something to strive for, don't you think?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,259.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I don't know if the Holy Spirit sprung 2.5 hours on you, but he hasn't done that with me. It's a lot more fuzzy. I spend time in prayer throughout my day.

Upvote 0

Cute Tink

Blah
Site Supporter
Nov 22, 2002
✟125,391.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I'd certainly be wondering about why there was such specificity involved. It does sound like an OCD issue.

I'm much more relaxed about things. I'd rather "spend some time" with that special someone that be worrying about whether it was "too much" or "not enough" rather than just what we were both enjoying at the time.

Upvote 0