Supporting Trump -- calculation for 2024?

driewerf

a day at the Zoo
Mar 7, 2010
✟261,132.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I read in different places that Ted Cruz and Hawley are serious contenders for the presidential race of 2024. And some of the biggest supporters for giving Trump his second term. What if this was pure calculation? Just the best way to get Trump out of the way in 2024 -- and be able to bask in his light during the campaign?

Just some thoughts.

lordjeff

Nov 6, 2019
Cromwell
✟16,584.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Problem is this. Albeit he got a lot of legislation thru if people care to research, the problem is still one of character & the mouth. It does not mean he is going to obtain anymore votes than he already has. 75 million is just not enough & I don't see him shooting up to 100 million. It's the same trash talk & lack of empathy & clearly people voted against him for that regardless of his economics. Haley, Cruz, Scott, Perry are just better people persons & that is what the GOP needs. The experiment as an outside candidate for president well it'd be interesting to see if there will be a course on the Trump presidency-unbiased of course but just dealing with critical thinking. Yes terrible mouth, shoots from the hip, can't read audiences, takes no advice, cares only about himself-obviously he is fake when it comes to religion b/c he does not practice the gospel. Yes I thot the tax reform was good & simpler, energy independence, getting out of 4 bad treaties, moving the embassy to Jerusalem, warping the covids vaccine process, creating another national park & upgrading one, enacting a federal felony penalty for animal cruelty, & the Right to Try Law for people with terminal disease to seek outside therapies, plus give out a lot of those dignitary medals & yes those brokered deals between Israel & some countries, & a good set of justices. My critiques: launching a war against American wildlife which is not needed; allowing for animal trophy importation; not presenting any healthcare replacement of the ACA. The wall got some of the way done but whether it holds remains to be seen. Clearly he is hard to work. He needs a Saul on the way to Damascus moment...aka "Donnie, Donnie why are assailing everybody with your mouth, did JC say that was necessary."

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟433,478.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Problem is this. Albeit he got a lot of legislation thru if people care to research, the problem is still one of character & the mouth. It does not mean he is going to obtain anymore votes than he already has. 75 million is just not enough & I don't see him shooting up to 100 million. It's the same trash talk & lack of empathy & clearly people voted against him for that regardless of his economics. Haley, Cruz, Scott, Perry are just better people persons & that is what the GOP needs. The experiment as an outside candidate for president well it'd be interesting to see if there will be a course on the Trump presidency-unbiased of course but just dealing with critical thinking. Yes terrible mouth, shoots from the hip, can't read audiences, takes no advice, cares only about himself-obviously he is fake when it comes to religion b/c he does not practice the gospel. Yes I thot the tax reform was good & simpler, energy independence, getting out of 4 bad treaties, moving the embassy to Jerusalem, warping the covids vaccine process, creating another national park & upgrading one, enacting a federal felony penalty for animal cruelty, & the Right to Try Law for people with terminal disease to seek outside therapies, plus give out a lot of those dignitary medals & yes those brokered deals between Israel & some countries, & a good set of justices. My critiques: launching a war against American wildlife which is not needed; allowing for animal trophy importation; not presenting any healthcare replacement of the ACA. The wall got some of the way done but whether it holds remains to be seen. Clearly he is hard to work. He needs a Saul on the way to Damascus moment...aka "Donnie, Donnie why are assailing everybody with your mouth, did JC say that was necessary."
I dunno. The only major things on your list that are really his (or his direct appointees') baby are the wall, getting out of TPP, the tax cuts, and maybe a hand the Israeli peace treaties. Thats not really so much. Probably the one of grandest significance long term is getting out of TPP which will be very empowering of China, I think.

Upvote 0

GreatLakes4Ever

Jan 2, 2019
Midwest
✟265,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Engaged
I’m sure they want to run, but there’s no way Trump is going to sit back and let someone else go for his prize. They’re stuck with him for the next four years, minimum.

I originally thought that whatever happened this election, Trump was going to run again in 2024 unless he was dead or in prison. Now, I’m not so sure. I think there’s a chance he may play king maker for the 2024 primaries. So we have a bunch of GOP senators trying to build a good resume when the approach Trump to kiss the ring in 2023.

• Agree
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Saul of Tarsas moments are extremely rare.....

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tiberius Lee

Sep 6, 2017
Wisconsin
✟145,612.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
In political world 2024 is lifetime away. In next 4 years lot a things will happen , for starter by end of this year we will have at least 5 -10 books come out by White House staffer with far more damaging story about Trump administration, COVID-19 and economy will dominate the news for at least 2 years , by 2022 we will be completely different political climate. We have not seen the domino effect of COVID-19 in the world yet. Those are yet to come , not only in US but world wide recession, terrorism , fall of government, other health and social issue, they too will shape the politics for next 5-7 years.

There will be 3 type of Republicans will emerge; Pro Trump Republican, Anti-Trump Republican and Core conservative Republicans, who were quite past 4 years. It will be interesting who will win at the end.

I hope “Core Conservative Republican” who somewhat stayed out of the spot light past 4 years will get the attention such as Scott Walker of WI , Jeb Bush of Florida , Paul Ryan of WI for the good of the country.

Personally I will not support any republican for long time.

Upvote 0

lordjeff

Nov 6, 2019
Cromwell
✟16,584.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
The release of the taped phone call to GA officials should quickly reduce the odds that Trump will run again in 2024. Whether or not it will impact his biggest supporters and their ambitions is hard to say.

I don't think people will go with a 78 yr old man. Yeah he understands economics but does not have any understanding of human culture or science.

Upvote 0

jayem

Naturalist
Jun 24, 2003
St. Louis, MO.
✟374,452.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I dunno. The only major things on your list that are really his (or his direct appointees') baby are the wall, getting out of TPP, the tax cuts, and maybe a hand the Israeli peace treaties. Thats not really so much. Probably the one of grandest significance long term is getting out of TPP which will be very empowering of China, I think.

The TCJA personal tax cuts will expire on Dec. 31, 2025. The reduction in corporate tax rates are permanent. Though an act Congress, and signed by the Prez, can change this at any time. Personally, even though my marginal tax rate went down, my taxes increased. Because I lost all of my itemized deductions. If I assume the Senate maintains a Republican majority for the next 2 years, I’d love to see Biden and the House work out a deal with the Senate to restore some write-offs. But I won’t hold my breath waiting for it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I read in different places that Ted Cruz and Hawley are serious contenders for the presidential race of 2024. And some of the biggest supporters for giving Trump his second term. What if this was pure calculation? Just the best way to get Trump out of the way in 2024 -- and be able to bask in his light during the campaign?

Just some thoughts.
The 'smart money' seems to be on Trump retaining his appeal among Republican voters until the 2024 primaries start, so long as he works at maintaining it.

But what it he decides, for any reason, not to make that run for the 2024 presidential nomination?

In that case, who would the conservative challenger be? Probably not someone who kept a low profile or advised not "making an issue of it" when the Senate had the opportunity to challenge the vote irregularities this month.

This MAY account for Senators Cruz and Hawley being so publicly in favor of a challenge to the Electoral College votes.

Upvote 0

Tiberius Lee

Sep 6, 2017
Wisconsin
✟145,612.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
The 'smart money' seems to be on Trump retaining his appeal among Republican voters until the 2024 primaries start, so long as he works at maintaining it.

But what it he decides, for any reason, not to make that run for the 2024 presidential nomination?

In that case, who would the conservative challenger be? Probably not someone who kept a low profile or advised not "making an issue of it" when the Senate had the opportunity to challenge the vote irregularities this month.

This MAY account for Senators Cruz and Hawley being so publicly in favor of a challenge to the Electoral College votes.

Let’s say in 2023 GOP primary Trump vs Scott Walker, a soft spoken, a born-again Christian, with solid conservative record and Social conservatives record which are valued by Evangelical . Who do you think you will support , Trump or Walker ?

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Let’s say in 2023 GOP primary Trump vs Scott Walker, a soft spoken, a born-again Christian, with solid conservative record and Social conservatives record which are valued by Evangelical . Who do you think you will support , Trump or Walker ?
Trump will be the easy winner if those are the two finalists. Walker, a perfectly likeable and respected figure, will have been out of office for quite awhile by 2024, and he disappointed badly when he made a run at it in 2016, despite being the favorite. He also has no nationwide base like Trump has.

No, the "not Trump" faction in the GOP will have to turn to a person who is already known and well-regarded nationally. I couldn't say who that would be at this time.

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟433,478.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
The TCJA personal tax cuts will expire on Dec. 31, 2025. The reduction in corporate tax rates are permanent. Though an act Congress, and signed by the Prez, can change this at any time. Personally, even though my marginal tax rate went down, my taxes increased. Because I lost all of my itemized deductions. If I assume the Senate maintains a Republican majority for the next 2 years, I’d love to see Biden and the House work out a deal with the Senate to restore some write-offs. But I won’t hold my breath waiting for it.
Yeah it seems to have had a weird mix of effects. Self employed, it seems to have worked well for me, short term. Long term I think overall its unhealthy for the country.

Upvote 0

Tiberius Lee

Sep 6, 2017
Wisconsin
✟145,612.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Trump will be the easy winner if those are the two finalists. Walker, a perfectly likeable and respected figure, will have been out of office for quite awhile by 2024, and he disappointed badly when he made a run at it in 2016, despite being the favorite. He also has no nationwide base like Trump has.

No, the "not Trump" faction in the GOP will have to turn to a person who is already known and well-regarded nationally. I couldn't say who that would be at this time.

Oh .. so I guess we can cut all the nonsense about moral value , family value, Christian value, character, conservative ideas, it’s all about who is most popular. At least you have been honest about your view , I admire that.

Of course Walker did badly in 2016 primary, after all as you said “perfectly likeable and respected figure” and I might add “solid conservative record” doesn’t mean any thing, he wasn’t Trump.

Upvote 0