• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Support thread for ED/SI/etc ... come on in! *poss. trig* (6)

Aug 21, 2010
✟15,112.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
jane_doe....why is your doc just focusing on the weight??? eating disorders are so much more than just weight and just because your weight isn't at "danger zone" doesn't mean those behaviors are okay. they are still just as disordered as they would be if your weight was in that danger zone. In fact, the weight part does not matter as much to me because an ED is about the behaviors and how we feel about ourselves. (which I feel your doc should atleast be addressing or connecting you with someone who can help you address that).
I say all this because I have been there SO MANY times myself. and I know when the doctor is "just keeping an eye on my weight" I KNOW that this gives the ED no accountability and gives it permission to become even worse (because the focus is on weight and the doc reinforces that in a way).
I would encourage you to look at what you really want for yourself in all this. Do you want it to change? Start there and let that answer dictate your next step....

Jen

Upvote 0

Whisper13

Jan 14, 2011
USA
✟15,122.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
I don't know why I keep holding onto my ED. I know it won't ultimately make me happy, I know its only hurting myself, and yet I just can't seem to let go of it. I am so scared about the future- I am a senior accounting major and have a very busy year of grad school starting in the summer, and i am not sure what i want to do with my life or what kind of job i want with accounting. there is just so much information and its so hard to remember some of it. i am so afraid to be thrown into the real world after grad school. i like routine and i don't like change. i guess my ED is my security blanket, my source of control, something to distract me when my mind is idle instead of thinking about the future.

Upvote 0

katey

Lifes tough
Jan 20, 2006
Blackpool, England
✟16,887.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi,
I've not visited this thread for a long time. I kind of felt like was just moaning and stuff all the time. And that wasnt really fair.

Just wanted to come say hello. I'm still in Ed unit, its been a very very rough journey. And still struggling but there have been improvements. I'm FINALLY :clap: preparing for discharge. I know its going to be hard and very very scary but i also know i want to keep wokring on it, I dont want to get dragged back down by ED. My weight isnt brilliant but its up, and i'm 'ok' with it. I still have a long way to go, but im aware of it and i have the support there to keep working on it. Im stillnot doing great with other Mental HEalth issues but at the minute theyre 'semi stable' i guess. I cant handle working on all three so doing it step at a time, im a 'complex' case lol but i have a great team now that are making sure that things are monitored and when things come up they have things in place. And my Meds have been changed to try stabilise the Bipolar and Psychosis for now.
I've been thinking of everyone hope your all doing ok :hug::hug:

Upvote 0

katey

Lifes tough
Jan 20, 2006
Blackpool, England
✟16,887.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thankyou yeah so do i, theyre looking for like a community house type place rather than me go straight home. so i can 'get used' to being back in the community. but Theres all the funding that goes with that etc so just seeing how it goes. But ive been on leave a few times for couple of hours with an amazing friend so yeah been out, and its ssoooooo scary but great at the same time. especially after being in here for so long. will keep you updated on how its going.

Hope your ok:hug::hug:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

beckybooiloveu

Senior Veteran
Jan 12, 2006
Sunshine Coast
✟10,224.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
(((((((((((((Katey)))))))))))) very proud of you hun...
I havent been in here for a long long long time either... in fact I barely remember the last time I came in here... but have been thinking about it alot lately, so may be on a bit more.
Love to everyone, stay strong

Upvote 0
Nov 16, 2010
Springfield, Ohio
✟15,116.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Republican
I just found this thread, i have mainly been hanging out on the SI support forum but thought I would peak over here since I also suffer with an eating disorder. Both of these are a constant battle and if I am not doing one I am doing the other. I am currently facing an ultimatum that if I don't improve in 30 days I am going into the hospital and this terrifies me. So I am trying to improve but it is very hard...

Upvote 0

Broken Hearted

Who Cares
Sep 8, 2010
✟9,430.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Wow never thought Id be right here but been struggling with my eating disorder. I was bulimic when I was in my teens and struggled on and off for a long time. Then there was a long period that I was ok. Well now its not very often that I struggle with it but here lately its been a struggle. For the past few weeks Ive cut my eating down by more than half and tonight I binged and purged :(. Ive been so busy and stressed at work now I dont have any energy at all. What little I have been eating gets used up real quick at work to the point that Im having spells of feeling like Im going to pass out and my heart is beating irregularly again :sigh: :(

Upvote 0

Lily76_

Pray for the Persecuted
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2007
scotland
✟473,861.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
We have ed-nos we eat well under the recommended daily amount....we have tried to eat normally but cant .
have had it for years . we have tried to get medical help in the past but because we are obese we arent given any help.
Its just a waste of time trying.

Asphyxia

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

orton776

Dec 6, 2012
✟15,120.00
Faith
Methodist
I am quite agree with the"I cant handle working on all three so doing it step at a time, im a 'complex' case lol but i have a great team now that are making sure that things are monitored and when things come up they have things in place. And my Meds have been changed to try stabilise the Bipolar and Psychosis for now. "

Upvote 0

RuthD

blah blah blah
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2006
Earth
✟191,472.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
You are doing the right things and meds do help. I take them too and see a counselor. Take your time and try doing one thing at a time. It's too much to take on too much with your illnesses. I have found that out. Praying for you.

Upvote 0