Not open for further replies.

Jehane

Jul 15, 2006
✟9,200.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Like you Oliveplants I had no idea there was a 'movement' called Quiverfull. I picked the term up from the bible & friends who referred to our rabbit warren by that term.

I am not threatened by differing viewpoints but I do get tired of people wanting me to justify my choices. It's not like I'm asking them to raise my kids. That's my job, wether I have 1, none or 5.

Upvote 0

AutumnDreamer

Jan 6, 2006
Connecticut
Visit site
✟17,772.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
This forum was created for support. It was created for those who hold the idea that some or all BC is wrong, it was created for those who have chosen to allow God to decide their family size, it was named Quiverfull b/c that is a common term used to describe those who have chosen to let God decide rather then themselves.

It was NOT created for people to have every post criticized and debated and told their beliefs are unbiblical.

Having a differing opinion is one thing, but deabting is when you purposely ask questions that will cause someone to feel they need to defend thier beliefs, this is why this forum was created, so that those who chose to allow God to choose their family size would not have to feel they need to defend their beliefs in every post.

Upvote 0

Katydid

Just a Mom
Jun 23, 2004
Alabama
✟11,023.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
But (again, "I think" and this doesn't necessarily express the views of anyone else) more to the point of this thread...

I am not Catholic, never have been, never will be. I respect those who are, and support them in their Christian walk. I have some notions about Catholic doctrine being in error. I will NOT go in the Catholic forum and post on every thread about how wrong they are, based on my preconcieved notions. I may pop in every now and then to ask about what they REALLY believe, or even just to read quietly to see what is being said. I may learn something, I may just get mad. And at the end of the day I might talk it over with my DH. But I won't debate with them or try to convert them. I won't even start a thread in general theology titled "Why Catholicism is wrong," though that would be allowed in CF; I just don't think it would accomplish anything. If someone started a thread asking why Protestants don' do XYZ that Catholics do (or whatever) then I would feel free to answer as politely as possible.
Do you see the parallel here? There's just a HUGE difference between going into someone's fellowship area and blasting it all to pieces, and opening dialog in a nuetral place.

That was my point exactly.

I too, came to my beliefs WELL before I heard of the term "Quiverfull". No brainwashing, just good old bible study and prayer. AFTER I found that I believed the way I do, I started looking around for others who felt similar, that is when I found out about the term quiverfull. As a matter of fact, that is my husband's favorite bible verse, and yet, when I told him about this forum, he said, "what's Quiverfull?":D I had to explain to him that WE are quiverfull.

It was NOT created for people to have every post criticized and debated and told their beliefs are unbiblical.

This is exactly why i posted this. When I first came in here, I noticed that just about every thread had a post describing this as being unbiblical.

Academic, maybe you should realize that we don't base our lives off of what a couple authors have to say. Quiverfull is a concept, anyone can write a book and put Quiverfull on the cover. There is no patent on the idea or concept of what it means. So continuously saying that we don't agree with "mainstream Quiverfull authors" means nothing. Who cares what a couple of authors have to say.

Upvote 0

ACADEMIC

The Roving Forums Scholar
Aug 13, 2006
✟8,281.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This forum was created for ... those who hold the idea that some or all BC is wrong, it was created for ... those who have chosen to let God decide rather then themselves.

This appears to be saying two contradictory things. Which one is it, God only decides, or some forms of birth control are permitted?

If "God only", these are the now permitted users per the poll results:

--Katydid
--OrangeHope
--shallowtentpegs
--Worknprogress

Excluded are:

--Assisi
--Athalium
--BeanMak
--bluenovermber
--dews
--Linnis
--loversvrightpink
--mstodd919
--sreno 7
--Woohar
--Jehane
--jgonz
--MikeJ

If one must beleive EITHER that some forms of birth control are sinful OR all are sinful, these are the now permitted users:

--Katydid
--OrangeHope
--shallowtentpegs
--Workinprogress
--oliveplants
--Assisi
--PenelopePiston2

Excluded are people who define quiverfull only as "having or wanting to have a large family":

--Athalium
--BeanMak
--bluenovermber
--dews
--Linnis
--loversvrightpink
--mstodd919
--sreno 7
--Woohar
--Jehane
--jgonz
--MikeJ

Is this decision yours, or official from the top?

Upvote 0

AutumnDreamer

Jan 6, 2006
Connecticut
Visit site
✟17,772.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
This appears to be saying two contradictory things. Which one is it, God only decides, or some forms of birth control are permitted?

If "God only", these are the now permitted users per the poll results:

--Katydid
--OrangeHope
--shallowtentpegs
--Worknprogress

Excluded are:

--Assisi
--Athalium
--BeanMak
--bluenovermber
--dews
--Linnis
--loversvrightpink
--mstodd919
--sreno 7
--Woohar
--Jehane
--jgonz
--MikeJ

If one must beleive EITHER that some forms of birth control are sinful OR all are sinful, these are the now permitted users:

--Katydid
--OrangeHope
--shallowtentpegs
--Workinprogress
--oliveplants
--Assisi
--PenelopePiston2

Excluded are people who define quiverfull only as "having or wanting to have a large family":

--Athalium
--BeanMak
--bluenovermber
--dews
--Linnis
--loversvrightpink
--mstodd919
--sreno 7
--Woohar
--Jehane
--jgonz
--MikeJ

Is this decision yours, or official from the top?

This forum was asked for as a support forum, it was granted by Erwin.

Upvote 0

Katydid

Just a Mom
Jun 23, 2004
Alabama
✟11,023.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
OK look, here is the deal. I started this thread as an actual question. Now it has turned into a place where Academic can question every detail of every post.

Basically, I would like this thread to be closed, if there is a moderator who can do that. I am tired of arguing about what all of us agree on except one person.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.