Visit site
✟7,682.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I have endured a life of many horrible things. I have done many horrible things and I have seen many horrible things. The last 5+ years of my life have been spent working against God's word.. and I'm ready for a change.

My problem is not really believing in God's existence so much as "letting go and letting God". I am having so much trouble letting go of my old ways, the things I have done, that I refuse to let God in. It is selfish, pathetic, and heartbreaking. I feel like a failure.

So, I reach my point. I have created an online blog where I will be logging daily about my days in pursuit of "the way, the light, and the truth". As you will read in my blog, I have many addictions which I am fighting and many problems I am facing. Here is my request: I need your help. I would like to reach out to anyone willing to help. I would be thankful for anyone willing to read my daily posts, and possibly provide personal support. The website is free and doesn't require your membership or anything, you just type in this web address and my blog will open and you will be able to read my entries. As mentioned, this material is raw. I have done many things most would not approve of so if you are easily offended or are degrading, please don't welcome yourself. I need help, I don't need anymore stones cast my way. I'm cut and bruised and drowning. I need a life raft, not someone to bog me down.

The web address is listed in my profile as my website.

I would deeply appreciate all the help, support, and prayers available.

Thank you and God bless.

texastig

The diablo is in the phone booth dialing 911
Feb 24, 2007
✟14,230.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I am having so much trouble letting go of my old ways, the things I have done, that I refuse to let God in. It is selfish, pathetic, and heartbreaking. I feel like a failure.

You are not a failure. On the journey with God here on earth, it takes a long time to get where we need to be with Him. He walks with us every step of the way. Just talk to Him because talking is the start of a relationship. Remember that God does not remember your past. There is no guilt with Him. He has thrown all of that into the sea of forgetfulness.
This link will help you:
Father's Love Letter Text

Here's the video of The Father's Love Letter also:
http://fathersloveletter.com/video.html

Thanks,
TT

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Mr Dave

God Save The Queen!
Apr 2, 2010
Sheffield
✟25,710.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
We've all done things we regret and thin are horrible that can prey on our minds. We all know these more than we care for anyone else to know and can have those moments when we think we're truly terrible. Unlike most people (by most people I really mean me :D) though you aren't weighed down by pride to admit these things. Admitting our mistakes is always the first step on the journey towards change. This is a central theme of Christianity, with the whole "forgive us our trespasses" bit, and later on in Acts 2:38 "repent and be baptised..." These are two examples of many to back me up, but the fact that you are prepared to admit your mistakes shows that you are a strong person who can only make progress :)

Letting go of our old selves is difficult, those things being part of who we are as individuals. Even when these things are the less desirable aspects of ourselves, they are still aspects that make us 'us' so it is hard to let go and venture into the unknown as new people, sometimes so new that we can struggle to recognise ourselves, which can be disconcerting but is a good thing. Life is a journey, where we make mistakes, but we can learn from them, confess them to God, and move on, knowing that "If we confess our sins, He who is faithful and just will forgive us our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness," (I John 1:9).

Looking back of what i've written so far, I hope I haven't come across as patronising, that's not my intention :sorry:

I will pray keep you in my prayers :prayer:

Upvote 0

bling

Site Supporter
Feb 27, 2008
✟827,449.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Our company firewall will not let me get to your blog, but I will write you here.

Jesus tells us “…the more you have been forgiven of the more you Love…”

You will not have Godly type Love or the indwelling Holy Spirit until you accept God’s Love in the form of accepting God’s forgiveness.
All this burden you feel is there for a good reason. (You are seeking help and have not found it)

This feeling of “helplessness” is there for a good reason. (In order to properly accept “charity” as God is giving it to you, requires humility)

We are not talking about a huge amount of faith, but just enough faith to trust a Loving creator.

Faith is humbling (as opposed to dependence on self) and that humility is needed to accept charity. None of us like to accept charity (give up our pride) especially when the giver paid a huge price, but God humbles Himself more than we will ever humble ourselves in going to the cross.

I think you are expecting way more from yourself than God is asking and God is really not asking for anything that a child could not do (accept a gift).

All this past becomes part of your witness like Paul’s past was part of his witness (how he was before Christ).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

razeontherock

May 24, 2010
WI
✟35,597.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Ack, I just wrote out a lengthy comment on your blog, only to have it wiped out because you DO need to sign up and create an account first.

Anyway Blessings to you, and "learn of Him, for He is meek and lowly of heart."

This is how we turn from our old ways to the newness of abundant Life He has for each of us. It's a marathon race not a sprint, and it's not even about who crosses the finish line first; rather, keep going in the right direction and she who endures to the end will be saved.

Upvote 0

Mr Dave

God Save The Queen!
Apr 2, 2010
Sheffield
✟25,710.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Ack, I just wrote out a lengthy comment on your blog, only to have it wiped out because you DO need to sign up and create an account first.

You have to click 'Anonymous' instead of 'Xanga Network' in the 'Choose Identity' bit just above the comment box.

Upvote 0

Sarrapin

Oct 20, 2010
✟15,289.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Marital Status
Single
G'day breatheinthedeepbluesea,

I agree with the others in that we've all done things that we regret, that cause us a great amount of shame and guilt. Lord knows I done my share and I believe that He used and uses the sin that I've done and do to draw me back to Him. I am thankful that He doesn't condemn me. If the Sovereign Judge of the universe doesn't hold my sins against me, why should I? I have repented and asked for forgiveness and as far as the east is from the west so far has He separated them from me (Psalm 103:12).

I respect and admire that you've decided that you want something more in life and that you are determined to turn your life around. To me that says a lot about who you are and where your heart is at. :) It takes guts to open yourself up as you did on your blog. From what you wrote, it seems to me that God has went out of His way to keep you alive and I believe that He has done so for a special purpose!

Speaking of which, I read your blog and that's what I love the most about Christianity and the Gospel message: that Jesus came specifically to save us broken and messed up people. My favourite story in the Bible is perhaps the woman caught in the act of adultery where the people wanted to stone her for her sins (John 8:2-11), yet Jesus showed unbelievable kindness and grace to the woman by stating "Let any one of you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." ... "Woman, where are they? Has no one condemned you? ... Then neither do I condemn you, go now and leave your life of sin." The parable of the prodigal son is similar to this as well.

That we are a new creation in Christ where the old things have fallen away (2 Corinthians 5:17) and "forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead" we "press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus" (Philippians 3:13-14) is what amazes and humbles me. When I think about God's grace and his heart for suffering humanity it amazes me that this is the God whom we worship and I'm thankful for that.

The following verse gives me great comfort when I mess up and it may help you as well: Paul speaking of himself noted that "I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do." ... "For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For I do not do the good I want to do, but the evil I do not want to do - this I keep on doing" (Romans 7:15, 18-19). Even the great St. Paul went through the same struggles that I am and that since God pulled him through I am confident that He'll see me - and that He'll see you - through. That gives me extra hope for the future.

And the good news that St. Paul concludes his discussion with: "Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit who gives life has set you free from the law of sin and death" (Romans 8:1-2).

I'll be praying for you - that God will give you a strong sense of His grace, presence, and forgiveness and that He'll bring you through temptations and your life as per His perfect will for your life. :pray:

Have a good day tomorrow and may the Holy Spirit give you guidance and the strength you need. :thumbsup:

~ Sarrapin.

Upvote 0