Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Personally all I see on social media are dumpster fires masquerading as intellectual exchanges that is unless you are one of ‘them’. And even then people are ready to go to war over fringe details. I don’t always agree with the decisions the moderators here make but that’s just a normal part of life and if a moderator is willing to invest time and effort trying to keep conversations civil around here then I’ll support them as much as possible.

Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟775,611.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Most Staff Actions are not what is said, it is how it is said. We can offer correction and "calling a spade a spade" while also being loving and kind.

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

Via Cassian

Fuga mundi (flight from the world)
Dec 24, 2009
South
✟24,147.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
if a moderator is willing to invest time and effort trying to keep conversations civil around here then I’ll support them as much as possible.

Yes, well said. Moderation is a type of education and leadership. I expect and welcome both. The Internet forums where I feel the most freedom to participate without seeing nasty crudeness are the ones with the greatest moderation.

Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟374,238.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I would argue that children of God are not sinners anymore. We can sin, yes, but we are righteous nevertheless. We got a new nature.
"God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us." (Romans 5:8). So calling someone on this forum a sinner is not biblical.

Am I a heretic now? ;)
Were....
If it is not of faith it is sin. Faith establishes the law In our hearts and in our minds through Christ's indwelling. In this we have been freed from sin and have been made servants of righteousness. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made us free from the law of sin and death. That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. For if we live after the flesh we shall die. But if we through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, we shall live. For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God. Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.
"Even as" is a direct comparison. How was Jesus righteous?

Rom 3:31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

Heb 8:10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

Rom 6:1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?
Rom 6:2 God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?
Rom 6:3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?
Rom 6:4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
Rom 6:5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:
Rom 6:6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.
Rom 6:7 For he that is dead is freed from sin.

Rom 8:2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
Rom 8:3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:
Rom 8:4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
Rom 8:13,14 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live. For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

1John 3:6 Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.
1John 3:7 Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.
1John 3:8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.
1John 3:9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟374,238.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
We have that already except you can only talk to yourself but Mods can't see what's posted there so basically zero moderation:

https://www.christianforums.com/forums/members-drafts.242/
It is a shame some are making light of this. For it is Biblical to call people out when they refuse to see and hear to adhere to the Spirit.
But by all means have at it.

Take note though. Presently the vote for such a place here is 50/50.

But alas this is all for not.

For the powers that be will not let it be....

Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟374,238.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Personally all I see on social media are dumpster fires masquerading as intellectual exchanges that is unless you are one of ‘them’. And even then people are ready to go to war over fringe details. I don’t always agree with the decisions the moderators here make but that’s just a normal part of life and if a moderator is willing to invest time and effort trying to keep conversations civil around here then I’ll support them as much as possible.
Yes, well said. Moderation is a type of education and leadership. I expect and welcome both. The Internet forums where I feel the most freedom to participate without seeing nasty crudeness are the ones with the greatest moderation.
Valid points, but this is not the issue. Nasty and crudeness should not be aloud. This not what is being advocated for. Nor is a place where there is zero moderation. However this a Christian site where Bible discussion and debate is. With such should also be allowances for admonishing.

Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟374,238.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Most Staff Actions are not what is said, it is how it is said. We can offer correction and "calling a spade a spade" while also being loving and kind.
Highly disagree.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,727,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Highly disagree.
You are certainly free to disagree. But we (staff) know what happens when folks are left unchecked. There’s something about the anonymity of the internet that causes some bad behavior to come out.

• Agree
Reactions: tampasteve
Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟374,238.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You are certainly free to disagree. But we (staff) know what happens when folks are left unchecked. There’s something about the anonymity of the internet that causes some bad behavior to come out.
Who said unchecked?

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,727,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Who said unchecked?
That’s how it will come across.

But for sake of argument, what is something you’d like to tell someone that you cannot currently say?

Upvote 0

Tigger45

Pray like your life depends on it!
Site Supporter
Aug 24, 2012
E. Eden
✟1,270,986.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Since calling someone a heretic, sinner, blind, child of the father of lies, a reprobate, etc.; etc. is biblical that should go unchecked.

And What is viewed by the Moderators as a instigative, antagonistic, or trolling should also be over looked.
All this type of approach does when communicating your points of view will come off as an attack of the person your responding to and trigger a like response escalating their emotions and the actual ‘listening’ ceases. It happens every time. There are posters here who have a gentle way with others and show time and time again how much more productive a gentle style of communication is.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: tampasteve
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟374,238.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That’s how it will come across.

But for sake of argument, what is something you’d like to tell someone that you cannot currently say?
I am not the issue.
The issue is this is a Christian site and it is Biblical to call someone out by the labels mentioned above. Since it is Biblical this site should make allowances for it since it is a Christian Site. At least in a separate forum.

Incidentally I like things the way they are throughout, I am just saying.

Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟374,238.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
All this type of approach does when communicating your points of view will come off as an attack of the person your responding to and trigger a like response escalating their emotions and the actual ‘listening’ ceases. It happens every time. There are posters here who have a gentle way with others and show time and time again how much more productive gentle style of communication is.
So admonishing is attacking? Call it what you want it is however Biblical and warranted at times.

Upvote 0

Tigger45

Pray like your life depends on it!
Site Supporter
Aug 24, 2012
E. Eden
✟1,270,986.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
So admonishing is attacking? Call it what you want it is however Biblical and warranted at times.
Your conflating a person’s personal interpretation of when biblical admonishing is warranted with that there is such a thing as biblical admonishing under the proper situation and relationships required to be properly applied.

Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟374,238.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Your conflating a person’s personal interpretation of when biblical admonishing is warranted with that there is such a thing as biblical admonishing under the proper situation and relationships required to be properly applied.
No I am not.

For we are dead nevertheless we live. Yet not us, but Christ lives in us. And the life we now live in the flesh we live by the faith of the Son of God.

Not us but Christ. Christ in us the hope of glory.

Admonishing and rebuking is part of being part of Christ.

Herod, the Pharisees, the scribes, the Sadducees and the others rebuked throughout the History of the Bible and beyond would disagree with your interpretation of what is appropriate.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,727,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
I am not the issue.
The issue is this is a Christian site and it is Biblical to call someone out by the labels mentioned above. Since it is Biblical this site should make allowances for it since it is a Christian Site. At least in a separate forum.

Incidentally I like things the way they are throughout, I am just saying.
I didn’t say that it was about you, but this is your OP.

There are ways to go about addressing heresy and other sin without violating the rules.

• Agree
Reactions: Tigger45
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.