Visit site
✟1,727,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
A forum where it is not censored by the moderators to such a degree as the rest of the site is.
That would be the Discussion & Debate forums.

Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟374,241.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Now the question is, what will one get away with in such a new area?
Since calling someone a heretic, sinner, blind, child of the father of lies, a reprobate, etc.; etc. is biblical that should go unchecked.

And What is viewed by the Moderators as a instigative, antagonistic, or trolling should also be over looked.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,727,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Not really. That area is censored also.
It’s not as heavily moderated. We will never have an unmoderated area.

Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟374,241.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It’s not as heavily moderated. We will never have an unmoderated area.
Not suggesting an unmoderated area. Obviously cursing and what not need to be dealt with. But the things listed below where we have examples of it being done in the Bible should be aloud.

And since instigative, antagonistic and spamming posts can be subject to ones opinion they also should be left alone.
Since calling someone a heretic, sinner, blind, child of the father of lies, a reprobate, etc.; etc. is biblical that should go unchecked.

And What is viewed by the Moderators as a instigative, antagonistic, or trolling should also be over looked.

Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟374,241.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Bare-knuckle sparring. Interesting. *grin*
lol
We are called to Martyrdom. And we are called to call a spade a spade. A Lot of times the spade needs to hear it. I have had my toes step on a lot through the years and am better for it

Reactions: Freth
Upvote 0

Friedrich Rubinstein

Aug 20, 2020
Europe
Visit site
✟173,491.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I wonder what would be the advantage of this? Why do you want to call someone "sinner" when you're not perfect yourself? Why do you want to call someone "heretic" when you can just disprove him with verses from the Bible in a factual manner? Why do you want to call someone "child of the father of lies" instead of just saying "that's not true because..."?

• Agree
Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟374,241.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I wonder what would be the advantage of this? Why do you want to call someone "sinner" when you're not perfect yourself? Why do you want to call someone "heretic" when you can just disprove him with verses from the Bible in a factual manner? Why do you want to call someone "child of the father of lies" instead of just saying "that's not true because..."?
I agree with what you are saying but sometimes it is appropriate. It is biblical

Upvote 0

Friedrich Rubinstein

Aug 20, 2020
Europe
Visit site
✟173,491.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I agree with what you are saying but sometimes it is appropriate. It is biblical

I would argue that children of God are not sinners anymore. We can sin, yes, but we are righteous nevertheless. We got a new nature.
"God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us." (Romans 5:8). So calling someone on this forum a sinner is not biblical.

Am I a heretic now? ;)

Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟374,241.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I would argue that children of God are not sinners anymore. We can sin, yes, but we are righteous nevertheless. We got a new nature.
"God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us." (Romans 5:8). So calling someone on this forum a sinner is not biblical.

Am I a heretic now? ;)
I am not going through the Bible to prove you wrong by posting the verses. You already know them. '
You have a nice day.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,096,346.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
lol
We are called to Martyrdom. And we are called to call a spade a spade. A Lot of times the spade needs to hear it. I have had my toes step on a lot through the years and am better for it

So more like the Jerry Springer Show, where people get really rude; but Staff steps in before they can bust chairs over each other's heads?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟374,241.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So more like the Jerry Springer Show, where people get really rude; but Staff steps in before they can bust chairs over each other's heads?
The Spirit moves us in the past and in the here and now to call a spade a spade. It is not a rude thing it is a tough love thing done in order to wake up the individual.
But I get what you are saying Hark.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,727,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
The Spirit moves us in the past and in the here and now to call a spade a spade. It is not a rude thing it is a tough love thing done in order to wake up the individual.
But I get what you are saying Hark.
You should be able to do that without flaming.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟947,248.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship

You can't control what someone says or the reason for its utterance. That's where it gets dicey. You're judging strangers. Most users on the site aren't bff's outside of here. Your insight is limited and your assessment could be wrong. I'll share an example.

Recently someone questioned my salvation. Not because of anything I've said or a position I've taken that would lead them to believe I've turned from God. Their rationale was based on a reduction of deep intellectual discussions on faith that occurred before the pandemic. Like many, I have other things on my plate that weren't a factor before that period.

But in their mind the absence meant I left the fold. I challenged them. They were guilty of the same. But I'd never make the leap they did.

Weaponizing the word is wrong. Your suggestion will bring it to the fore. I don't believe it will foster community or edifying discourse.

~bella

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.