SoCal
✟38,935.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Although some may be disappoint, rest assured, God is not awaiting more skulls for the skull throne. The hard-line deterministic stance on this is a shallow, overly simplified view that fails at discerning the truth.

I do believe God essentially takes credit for creation and setting all things in motion, initially, though not for the course of the world, which he squarely places the responsibility for on responsible parties.

I'm sorry your dearly departed had to suffer, and a miracle was not provided in that instance. On the subject, if the hard-line deterministic stance were correct, there really aren't any miracles. There's no real difference between holy and profane events. All events are equally predetermined and equally the will of God.

Reactions: seaofsand
Upvote 0

seaofsand

Mar 22, 2020
Southwest US
✟34,220.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I appreciate your response. It makes the most sense to me.

I did not expect any miracles with my grandmother. She was very ill and there was no coming back, but the fact that she spent her last few weeks praying to die is what disturbs me. And so many across the world are in that position now, praying for relief or mercy that doesn't come.

I understand that we cannot comprehend what God has created or what plan he has set in motion. And maybe I should stop trying to understand. The suffering that I have seen lately has made me feel angry toward God, but I do know that I know nothing.

Although some may be disappoint, rest assured, God is not awaiting more skulls for the skull throne. The hard-line deterministic stance on this is a shallow, overly simplified view that fails at discerning the truth.

I do believe God essentially takes credit for creation and setting all things in motion, initially, though not for the course of the world, which he squarely places the responsibility for on responsible parties.

I'm sorry your dearly departed had to suffer, and a miracle was not provided in that instance. On the subject, if the hard-line deterministic stance were correct, there really aren't any miracles. There's no real difference between holy and profane events. All events are equally predetermined and equally the will of God.

Upvote 0

TheWhat?

Ate all the treats
Jul 3, 2021
SoCal
✟38,935.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I appreciate your response. It makes the most sense to me.

I did not expect any miracles with my grandmother. She was very ill and there was no coming back, but the fact that she spent her last few weeks praying to die is what disturbs me. And so many across the world are in that position now, praying for relief or mercy that doesn't come.

I understand that we cannot comprehend what God has created or what plan he has set in motion. And maybe I should stop trying to understand. The suffering that I have seen lately has made me feel angry toward God, but I do know that I know nothing.

Right, we may not know the reasons why, and I understand that you may feel embittered. We all suffer loss to some degree. I would suggest you should work on that, however, and try to bring yourself to hope that God is good through it all. I tend to think He rewards those who manage to overcome bitterness by showing them they are correct.

Reactions: seaofsand
Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟735,952.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Bible even says that God enjoys the aroma of burning flesh, doesn't it? How can we say this god is loving?

The LORD does not take pleasure in the death of evil people. Rather he wants them to change and live.

Eze 33:11 Say unto them, As I live, saith the Lord GOD, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked; but that the wicked turn from his way and live: turn ye, turn ye from your evil ways; for why will ye die, O house of Israel?

As for suffering. There can be numerous reasons. 1) Man's own choices leading to evil deeds, 2) Satan being allowed to test the faith and patience of God's saints.

God does not "want" people to do evil. When He created the world, He made a plan for people to be redeemed, the cross. A deed forgiving sin, and inviting God's nature of love, joy, and peace to enter a person's life. Because God was creating "free will", the ability to do both good deeds and evil deeds, He could no know in advance the possible lows man could reach. He could only "hope" that man accept His reasonable offer of forgiveness and life. Yet we see from the bible that God was shocked Himself at how bad people had become, wishing he never created man.

Gen 6:5-7 The LORD saw how bad the people on earth were and that everything they thought and planned was evil. He was very sorry that he had made them, and he said, "I'll destroy every living creature on earth! I'll wipe out people, animals, birds, and reptiles. I'm sorry I ever made them."

But he could not pull the pin on creation, He still had to come and offer his life for man's sins. He still had to redeem those how would choose the good over the evil. This world is ruled by evil men, whose hearts are set on evil deeds. Yet God still calls quietly to each of us, turn from sin, turn to me, in doing so you will be a light in the dark, pushing aginst the injustice of evil deeds.

As for the suffering of the saints, God allows some to share in his sufferings, so they can walk closer to Him. In heaven those who are killed, or harmed as Christians, sit close to God's throne, and comfort. Not every Christain will suffer pain and extreme loss, but those who do are eternally blessed. This is a principle of God's word that those desiring the higher place, will be persecuted.

Upvote 0