• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Sudden Traumatic Loss And Guilt

erikajc

Jan 31, 2012
✟7,613.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Hi Franny, I lost my little sister a year ago. It wasn't instant, but it was quick, as we only had three months to say goodbye after her diagnosis. I wrote the lyrics to this song as I went through the grieving process. I hope it brings you comfort.
Man of sorrows, weep with me
Both acquainted now with grief
Your tears mingle with my own
For every anguish you have known
Every anguish you have known

Father God You suffered loss
Your beloved Son You watched
Lift His eyes in agony
Now, Father won’t you weep with me
Father won’t you weep with me

My cries do not go unanswered
My tears do not go uncounted
My pain You have felt the same
You have felt the same
You have felt the same

Comforter please send Your peace
Stop the bleeding, start to heal
For only One who’s been cut as deep
Could begin to weep with me
Could begin to weep with me

Upvote 0

Humble Pie

Veteran
Jan 25, 2012
✟18,161.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No but we've had tragic deaths in our family's recent past:

A little girl fell into the fire place.
A little boy was hit in the head while playing.
A man's bed caught fire.
A young woman with cancer took her own life.
A young man was killed at war.

These happened before my time.

Upvote 0

LovedSparrow

One Day at a Time
Jun 22, 2011
✟8,088.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
In my life, I had 3 people pass away within the course of 6 months. My Grandma died from cancer, my friend's bf committed suicide, and my neighbor who I grew up with was killed in a car accident. It is a tough thing to swallow, and growing up I was not taught how to deal with my feelings. I carried a lot of guilt for not 'just getting over it.' My dad never talked about his mom after she died, so I assumed I should just move on. I was confused. I missed my Grandma so much, and still do, but I feel very good at how I grieved. I did the best I knew how. I kept a journal and wept. I carried things that reminded me of her with me. I tried to talk about her as much as I could with my then-fiancee. I found that the grieving process was almost as difficult as losing her. I think as humans, we are not taught well how to grieve. People get strange when we don't just move on after a couple months.

God is with you, Franny. Agreed with Blackribbon, you did all you could. If God wanted her to be alive, she would be. People can be very cruel, but you did your best.
LovedSparrow

P.S, I have PTSD too, but from abuse issues.

Upvote 0

artqween

together we are strong :)
Feb 3, 2013
ummmmm
✟2,846.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
AU-Democrats
Has anyone out there lost someone to a sudden death(fire,suicide,car accident,heart attack)Four months ago,we lost our next door neighbor and friend of 25 years when her clothes caught on fire,which spread through out the apartment killing her.Despite throwing two pots of water at her and using my comforter to try to suffocate the flames,she died anyway.I have so much guilt over this.She was 72 and used both a walker and quad cane.I also lost my only brother to suicide 6 years prior,and had cancelled plans to see him right before he killed himself.:confused:

Aww.. there is no need to feel guilty u did all u could do. Just morn their loss and know they r in heaven and r angels. I know u r hurting and that is to be expectd.. They brought happiness to ur life. Invite her family to urs. And about ur brother my heart goes to ur family. Why do u think he killd himself?? :( sister.. Hi btw and plezd to meet u. U go to church right??

Upvote 0

Alienated

Greateful servant
Jan 17, 2013
✟15,535.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yes, back in 88 my brother was murdered by a hit and run driver. Then my Dad in 99 from a heart attack. But my mom had bone cancer and lasted almost 2 years. My whole family is gone. I can't make any friends, I don't trust anyone, I live in total isolation, I'm [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse]ed !! Because there is no church to go to, just social gatherings of sociopaths. Telling me to think happy thoughts because they don't want to hear it....

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SMacGregor

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
✟7,724.00
Faith
Catholic
Whether the departure of a loved one is sudden, or has been anticipated over a period of time, we experience a powerful and complex range of emotions of grief – including disbelief, shock, anger, hatred, guilt, loss of faith, fear of the future, loneliness, regret. Going through this is a normal part of the grieving process and is necessary to reconcile ourselves in some way so that we can move on from the experience to become a better, stronger person with a greater sense of purpose in life as a result.

Upvote 0