Study points to worse mental health outcomes for women who have abortions versus giving birth

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟487,195.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
You didn't really read his post did you.
Certainly this post has something more substantial than personal attacks as a distraction from the obvious contraction my post identified. Hopefully? Maybe?

How is not wanting to take responsibility a doctors medical decision?
You'd have to refer back to the post I quoted which was talking about it being a medical decision.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟487,195.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Yes. In other words, saying "I have too many children," "I had sex too young," "I'm not ready to be a parent" is a cop out for those who want abortion because they refused to take responsibility for their actions.
Or more specifically, they refuse to take on the specific responsibilities that anti-abortion activists wish to force on them using the power of the state as a threat for non-compliance.

Reactions: NxNW
Upvote 0

NxNW

Nov 30, 2019
NW
✟195,268.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I said, on one than more occasion, that I only think abortion should be allowed if the mother's life is in danger. Nothing more, nothing less.

As far as % goes, I'm no doctor. Quite frankly, I cannot comment on that because I have no medical knowledge. That would be ENTIRELY up to the doctor, in that case.
That's encouraging.

Upvote 0

NxNW

Nov 30, 2019
NW
✟195,268.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I don't believe that's correct from any laws perspective. A 6 year old enters my house and I can kill them? I don't think that's how it works.
So now a man doesn't even have the right to defend his own home from invaders in your world.

Upvote 0

NxNW

Nov 30, 2019
NW
✟195,268.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
That's not the same thing. Your analogy was bad. It was a good effort, but it did not fit.
Why not?
Secondly no one here is arguing that a mother has to die. We all agree that if a woman's life is in danger then it's okay to have an abortion.
Well, no. Some states don't seem to care at all. Many users on this forum disagree with that statement.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,990.00
Faith
Pentecostal
So now a man doesn't even have the right to defend his own home from invaders in your world.
Does he in yours? I noticed that you didn't answer my initial question. You deflected. Let's be clear shall we? I believe you are the one that brought up the analogy. Do you actually believe a man has a right to kill anyone who comes into his house? Is that your stance?

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,990.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Well, no. Some states don't seem to care at all. Many users on this forum disagree with that statement.
Oh? Please tell us which state doesn't allow for abortions for saving a mother's life. And what post are you referring to where someone said they don't support abortions that would save a mother's life. Please back up your assertions.

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟243,726.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
And when asked who to determine what threshold of danger is acceptable for a woman to take on, your posts circle back to that being a medical decision. But then after a few posts we read again that it isn't a medical decision. Feels like yet another case of conflicting talking points that show one of the inherent contradictions in the claims.
Nothing I said conflicted each other. I made myself clear.

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟243,726.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Interesting assertion, but I think people can read what was written in the posts in question.
I said it was only acceptable if the mother's life was in danger. Nothing more, nothing less.

Clear?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟487,195.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I said it was only acceptable if the mother's life was in danger. Nothing more, nothing less.
And then when asked how much danger is OK, referred back to medical professionals. After also claiming that it wasn't a medical procedure. Don't forget those parts.

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟243,726.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
And then when asked how much danger is OK, referred back to medical professionals. After also claiming that it wasn't a medical procedure. Don't forget those parts.
What do you expect me to say? We’re just conversing in circles.

Upvote 0

NxNW

Nov 30, 2019
NW
✟195,268.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Does he in yours? I noticed that you didn't answer my initial question. You deflected. Let's be clear shall we? I believe you are the one that brought up the analogy. Do you actually believe a man has a right to kill anyone who comes into his house? Is that your stance?
You're using intentionally vague language. But yes, if that person is uninvited and won't leave, yes. If your hear someone kick in your door, you can shoot. If you come home and find someone inside your house, who came in through an unintentionally unlocked door, and they refuse to leave, you have the right to remove them at gunpoint, even if it means they'll freeze to death in the snow. If they refuse to leave, you can shoot them. Your right to defend your home outweighs any so-called right to life.

I'm not saying I would take such action, but I'm saying 2A supporters all agree with the above stance. And if you can defend your house with deadly force, you can defend your body as well.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

NxNW

Nov 30, 2019
NW
✟195,268.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Oh? Please tell us which state doesn't allow for abortions for saving a mother's life.
Plenty of examples have been discussed in these forums, such as Kristen Anaya's case in Texas. For you to deny these cases exist and insist that I supply a link is less than honest. You've read them and you're aware of them.
And what post are you referring to where someone said they don't support abortions that would save a mother's life.
Would you like me to direct you to the One Bread, One Body forum where multiple users oppose abortion for any reason whatsoever? Are you really unaware of them?

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟487,195.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
What do you expect me to say?
I was hoping for some sort of reasons for the belief which didn't immediately contradict themselves. It would give some hope there's any reason to take the beliefs as a serious representation of reality.

• Optimistic
Reactions: MotoToTheMax
Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟243,726.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
I was hoping for some sort of reasons for the belief which didn't immediately contradict themselves. It would give some hope there's any reason to take the beliefs as a serious representation of reality.
The reality it’s a human being that should be protected and abortion should be incredibly incredibly rare, only used to save the life of the mother. It’s life, not a belief.

Reactions: rjs330
Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟487,195.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
The reality it’s a human being that should be protected and abortion should be incredibly incredibly rare, only used to save the life of the mother. It’s life, not a belief.
Repeating random talking points isn't exactly what I was hoping for when I asked for any sort of reason to take these claims seriously.

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟243,726.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Repeating random talking points isn't exactly what I was hoping for when I asked for any sort of reason to take these claims seriously.
Oh please. I made myself clear. Just because you do not like the answer doesn't make it a random talking point. There's nothing left to be said about the topic.

Upvote 0