Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Despite regular prayer and reading The Word, I've felt extreme loneliness and depression for a very long time. I guess I have to accept that this is what He wants for me. But please pray for me that I'm able to cope.

Thank you.
Praying for Grace and Peace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you.

Do you have a church community?

Upvote 0

ajcarey

Jun 3, 2019
Midwest
✟46,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I wouldn't say that depression is what He wants for you. It isn't. He wants you to come to a breakthrough to trust in Him, or trust in Him deeper, so that your heart will be lifted up above whatever has you down. Sometimes though we have to stay the course we are on and respond from the heart to some painful dealings God sees need to exercise us in- and if we endure in saying yes to His Word one day the clouds will surely scatter and the sun will come out. I wouldn't be surprised if you are in a season like this; and I'm praying that God gives you wisdom and strength to handle things well and to be faithful in this difficult time for you. 1 Peter 1, Hebrews 12 ,and Job 37 are some Scriptures I've found especially helpful for times like this.

Reactions: redleghunter
Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Despite regular prayer and reading The Word, I've felt extreme loneliness and depression for a very long time. I guess I have to accept that this is what He wants for me. But please pray for me that I'm able to cope.

Thank you.

Praying that God will comfort you and give you the insight and ability to break with the negativity of the depression.

i also so suffer from a depressive illness and have to battle the darkness on an almost daily basis i found great supportive people on this side which has a special place for depressed people. We meet there and share our ups and downs together and pray for each other.

You are most welcome to join us :hug:

what are you feeling right now? (24)

Upvote 0

JustRachel

He welcomed me back! <3
Site Supporter
Aug 12, 2007
Right here
✟325,928.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I will pray for you. I have gone through depression in the past. I usually am able to break it by prayer, listening to uplifting Christian music, and giving Him the praise and rejoicing as I am supposed to. The isolation is something that you can easily fix. Get involved in your church and their activities. Do volunteer work. Fill every spare moment.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Thank you.
I believe the atonement is two fold. Jesus died to reconcile us with the father. He also died to reconcile us with each other.

Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,086,669.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
The Father absolutely does not want you to feel isolated and alone, or depressed. You do not give any reasons for why you are in that situation, maybe some childhood traumas, whatever, but whatever it is, it needs healing and He wants to give it to you. Messiah died so that we could be sozo - that means healed all over.

I pray you will turn it all over to Him and get healing, guidance and wisdom and direction, and that you will have good friends and happiness.

Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟245,440.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello Creativeguy. I hope you can see by the number of people who replied to you and the number of 'prayers' received that you are not alone. Even though we're separated by distance we're one in the Lord. God be with you and bless you :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

maintenance man

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2018
California
Visit site
✟486,095.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I'm praying you discover a path beyond your loneliness and depression. I know for a fact you can overcome this low point in your life. Prayer and Bible study are absolutely essential; however, they are not the solution. You are the solution. God wants YOU to fix this. He will be with you every step of the way, but you have to take charge, push the devil aside, and move on.

Upvote 0

Ghostjunkie

Sep 17, 2019
Tennessee
✟16,972.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Divorced
I am recently saved. About 2 months and counting. I just came back from my baptism as a matter of fact. As I sat on the stoops for an hour or so waiting for that appointed time, I thought a lot about depression, and how I overcame it, as well as anger, anxiety, panic attacks, and hosts of other things. Mine was all healed by a single touch of the great physician. When I surrendered to Jesus he took all of that from me like a flick from a light switch. I may be atypical. Maybe that sort of healing isn't his will for everyone. I don't know. But I do know there are other ways to fight that particular devil. I can offer you some practical advice that works for Christian and non-christian alike.

1.) Make a schedule. Set a bed time. Set a wake up time. Schedule certain events you need to do daily for certain times. Make a schedule and try your best to keep it. Orderliness is very useful for fighting depression.

2.) Make rules for yourself and keep them. Maybe dietary rules, or rules about exercise. Make covenants with yourself.

3.) Clean your room. I mean that both literally and figuratively. A clean and orderly environment will also aid you in your quest.

4.) And this is perhaps the most powerful, yet most difficult. Practice gratitude. Thanking God every day for every possible little thing you can think of will not only train you to see the bright side of life by default, it will also fill you with the Holy Spirit. This works for Christian and atheist alike.

5.) Be outwardly focused. Christians should keep their eyes on God, not on man, not on themselves. Worship, praise, and exalt Him. The more time you spend on worshiping God, the less time you have to think about your troubles. This might be far more transformative than you realize.

I don't know if you do these things already--I don't know you. You may be an overly grateful neat freak. I do know however that we must often meet God half way. Just like a therapist would tell you, you have to "do the work." Depression is a terrible beast, for it saps your very willpower, which is what you need to defeat it. It is like spiritual AIDS. We must remain steadfast and wait on the Lord. Isaiah 40:31 Isaiah 30:18

Upvote 0

Greg Merrill

Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2017
Las Vegas
✟342,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Father, some think that "prayer and reading Your Word" will help them. But prayer and reading Your Word can be totally ineffective IF IT IS DONE IN THE WRONG WAY!!! Prayer and reading the Word can be done in the flesh, instead of in the spirit, Ephesians 6:18. Prayer is talking to God, but what is being said????? Our hearts and minds must be right in order to say what God wants to hear. Reading the Word can be done without understanding, without obedience to it, and for the wrong motives. There is nothing wrong with the God we should be praying to, and nothing wrong with His Word. So if we find prayer and reading the Word ineffective, the problem is not with God and His Word but with us. We need to go back to prayer and reading His Word over and over until we get it right. Usually that entails getting the focus off of us, our selfish desires, our own ideas and goals, and getting them on to putting God first, and see ourselves as His servants, rather than seeing Him as our Sugar Daddy. Lord, help us. Amen.

Reactions: JustRachel
Upvote 0

Mydreams

Dec 20, 2017
Delhi
✟242,348.00
Country
India
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums