Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I've been struggling with extreme depression and lack of self-confidence for years. I just feel hopeless a lot of the time. Please pray that I can break out of this. I've been trying so hard for years. Thank you.

What does your doctor say, are you taking medication and seeing a therapist?

Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,087,329.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Whether these things could help in your case I of course have no way to know. But in case you are interested... Research how exercise - even just dancing around - has been proven to sometimes be more effective than medicine for depression. Research the brain gut connection and how probiotics have been seen in medical research to decrease depression and other emotional and mental problems.

One day I was feeling quite down. For some reason I ate a whole big container of Danon's yogurt with acidophilus. The next day I felt way better and searched my mind to see what was different and remembered the yogurt. That's how I came to research and learn how probiotics can help depression.

If you do decide to get into probiotics, research which kinds are better. My research indicates that live cultures, as opposed to pills, are better.

I pray you will find whatever cure is best for you, of whatever kind.

Perhaps there is some hurt in your life, maybe even in childhood, that is still dogging you. Whatever it might be, I pray you get relief and healing

Upvote 0

Paul4JC

the Sun of Righteousness will rise with healing
Apr 5, 2020
California
✟164,554.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Lord we pray for Creativeguy, that you'd help him with his extreme depression. For healing, and for a new direction he could take to help him deal with all this. Only you truly know all he deals with. Get him the right help. May he find strength in you and your word. In Jesus name, Amen.

Isa 53:3-4 ESV - 3 He was despised and rejected by men, a man of sorrows and acquainted with grief; and as one from whom men hide their faces he was despised, and we esteemed him not. 4 Surely he has borne our griefs and carried our sorrows; yet we esteemed him stricken, smitten by God, and afflicted.

Upvote 0

Unofficial Reverand Alex

Pray in silence...God speaks softly
Site Supporter
Dec 22, 2017
The Mystical Lands of Rural Indiana
Visit site
✟526,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Praying as requested; may God give you the grace to work through this depression into something even greater, as He did with me!:prayer:

Upvote 0

Stephanie7

Senior Veteran
Jun 6, 2004
✟111,104.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Heavenly Father, may this one see better tomorrows, encouragement to keep going and to keep praying for a brighter and happier future. Courage to see himself as You see him, in a positive light and as a needed servant in all aspects of life, he is loved, he is charming and perfectly made by You. Lift his depression and help him to work on his confidence with sureness and conviction, In Jesus Name, Amen

• Agree
Reactions: saved24
Upvote 0

TriciaR

Jul 29, 2020
Kendal
✟18,155.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I've been struggling with extreme depression and lack of self-confidence for years. I just feel hopeless a lot of the time. Please pray that I can break out of this. I've been trying so hard for years. Thank you.

Hi
I read your prayer request and I really related to everything you said. I also know it’s really difficult when you just get advice on what you ought to do to get out of it. It never helped me really. It’s like you then strive again to try harder some more. I just wanted to let you know I’ll pray for you. For me I realised that this world is always going to be hard. But my hope is in Christ. That’s what I cling on to.
A couple of verses I’ve looked at:

I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world."
John 16:33 ESV

It’s like first of all Jesus says “in me you may have peace” so basically remain/abide in Christ. It then says there will be trouble in this world. But remaining in Christ is the place to abide.

Then:

I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.
Galatians 2:20 ESV

It’s therefore, I die. My sinful self, I confess my sins and am forgiven because by faith in Christ I am a new creation. My life is hidden in Christ.

But it’s simply then: first and foremost to love God. To please God.

And he said to him, "You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the great and first commandment. And a second is like it: You shall love your neighbour as yourself. On these two commandments depend all the Law and the Prophets."
Matthew 22:37‭-‬40 ESV‬

Bearing fruit is I think to love God, do as He has taught. Love others. But it’s not in our strength. It’s remaining in Christ. Being guided by the Holy Spirit. Being convicted of sin when we sin. Forgiving others. Doing as Christ had taught us.
Then it’s not earthly strivings. Trying to achieve earthly things. As:

I have seen everything that is done under the sun, and behold, all is vanity and a striving after wind.
Ecclesiastes 1:14 ESV

But it’s keeping our eyes on the eternal. Our future hope. True life is only in Christ.

Sorry! I’ve gone on a bit there. But these are things that I have struggled with too, and it’s still hard, but I need to keep looking to the Lord Jesus Christ. Remain in Him. I just hope some of this can maybe encourage you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums