Struggling with end-times

Sorry, I just woke up my mother because I had an anxiety episode. Is this really going to happen? I can barely breathe, I feel so suffocated. I'm not suicidal, but it's very intense.

What if God is telling me that it's true, I begged him to guide me to the truth, but I'm getting the same answer.

Upvote 0

4x4toy

Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟116,025.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Sorry, I just woke up my mother because I had an anxiety episode. Is this really going to happen? I can barely breathe, I feel so suffocated. I'm not suicidal, but it's very intense.

What if God is telling me that it's true, I begged him to guide me to the truth, but I'm getting the same answer.

What is your favorite movie ?

Upvote 0

4x4toy

Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟116,025.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You sound like an interesting and unique person, I like you .. I think many see what's going on and wonder the same things you do and we are in perilous times indeed .. When my sons have been worried about things they couldn't control I've always told them to approach things they face as adventure . Easier said than done but work on it and pray .. Anyone who says they never fear I don't believe it .. May our Lord Jesus grant you peace and strength in due time, peace Bro .. BTW , My favorite movie is still "No Time for Sergeants" .. I also pray that the Lord create in you the heart of King David , Amen

Upvote 0

Waggles

Acts 2:38
Supporter
Feb 7, 2017
South Oz
Visit site
✟112,244.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Widowed
I want to give myself another 30 years at least.
Sorry - ain't going to happen.
Watch and pray. Be counted worthy. Seek your sanctuary in Christ Jesus through the indwelling Holy Spirit.
Earthly achievements count for nothing. The rich and famous will lose it all.
Salvation is worth more than gold and silver, or diamonds and rubies.

Reactions: 4x4toy
Upvote 0

surrender1

Jun 1, 2011
✟20,372.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm sure there are many Christians out here that share my same problem. I'm naturally a very anxious and worried person. I feel like I never accomplished anything, get married, have kids, live for God, that I could have started on a couple years ago (I'm 25). I'm an adult, but I'm not very self-sufficient. I don't/can't even drive. Never had a girlfriend except for one, who was very needy. I feel like the end-times are going to come immediately in a matter of days, especially looking at the news very recently of tensions around the world. It's an anxiety thing, and no matter what people try to tell me about how the world's not ending, I can never be convinced out of my worry. It's only building up the closer time passes. Can somebody who knows what they are talking about please help or reassure me that the world isn't ending anytime soon? I want to give myself another 30 years at least. I pray to the Lord that I'm being guided by somebody who can know and help.
My guess is that you are going to die long before the world ends. And, hey, many these days don't get married until their 30s and start having kids in their 40s. You have plenty of time. And something you may not know...more and more Christian scholars are recognizing that "the end of the age" stuff Jesus speaks of and most of the warnings in the book of Revelation were about the events that took place in AD 70 when the Romans destroyed Jerusalem. The Jewish historian, Flavius Josephus, (not a Christian so it's not like he had a theology about this) wrote of the events and what he describes is a shocking match to many things described in the Bible. Some call this view "partial preterism" meaning that all the prophecies of the Bible have already happened, except for the physical return of Christ and the resurrection of our bodies into immortal bodies. And for what it's worth, anxiety is super common with aspergers. Check out Asperger Experts Asperger Experts to answer some of your questions and help with getting you out of "defense mode" so some of that anxiety can be diminished. They have a facebook group too.

Upvote 0

surrender1

Jun 1, 2011
✟20,372.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

You may want to educate yourself more on aspergers. You are in defense mode which causes a LOT of anxiety.

Defense Mode is one of the 4 core pillars of the AE Model. This is a state in which someone with Asperger’s is scared, frustrated, or angry, as well as shut down and & withdrawn. In Defense Mode, everything is harder because you are constantly trying to protect against an imminent, perceived, but extremely vague threat. The perceived threat creates the same anxiety as a true life threatening situation. Fortunately, the vast majority are not actual threats, but merely signals that the brain perceives as threats.

In scientific terms, what is going on is a complex biological, neurological & psychological rat’s nest of “problems” that all compound on each other (but have roots in low vagal tone). Simply put, there is simply too much to process at once. Most of it is internal and unseen.

From an outside perspective Defense Mode can look like someone who is unmotivated, unwilling, uncooperative or “rude”. I’ve heard it called Oppositional Defiant Disorder, PTSD, lack of motivation, video game addiction and all sorts of other names.

With limited understanding, all of those are accurate to a point. They miss, however, the key understanding of Defense Mode: People with Asperger’s and Autism are in Defense Mode and shut down because they are scared, upset and/or angry, not because they are trying to spite you, or be rude, or defiant. And yes, it sucks as much as you might think. To complicate matters, it is scary to be angry with the people who support you when you are in are in Defense Mode. Add a fear of abandonment to the mix and it gets really complicated.

When you are in Defense Mode, since you spend the majority of your resources fighting your feelings, the outside world and anything you perceive as threatening, you have very little leftover resources for day to day functioning.

Someone who is in Defense Mode also has a hard time regulating their emotional state, connecting with others, not obsessing over 1 singular thing completely and finding their way in life (both metaphorically and physically).

So until you get out of Defense Mode, it is very hard to learn social skills, make friends, be productive in school or a job, and take care of yourself and manage the overwhelm and stress that can come with everyday life.

However, once you get OUT of Defense Mode, everything changes. Because you are not fighting your feelings with all your resources, you suddenly have 100x more energy than you used to. Your body and mind begin to work well together, and you feel like you’re gaining all sorts of super powers.

In reality, those super powers are just parts of your body and mind getting out of the freeze loop and turning back on. It is pretty super, though.

How to tell if someone is in Defense Mode

So how do you know if someone is in Defense Mode, whether that is you or someone else? Usually people who are in Defense Mode are shut down, retreated into themselves and withdrawn.

They tend to flip flop between fear or anger and shutdown, have health or gut issues and generally seem on edge all the time. In short: They are on edge and defensive. A lot.

Defense Mode is the underlying cause of 99% of the issues we work with our clients & customers on here at Asperger Experts. Once you get out of Defense Mode, it’s like a light switch gets turned on.

Suddenly you can see. Suddenly everything is easier. Suddenly you “get it”.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

chriscomplex

Apr 24, 2017
Brisbane
✟16,518.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
I'm sure there are many Christians out here that share my same problem. I'm naturally a very anxious and worried person. I feel like I never accomplished anything, get married, have kids, live for God, that I could have started on a couple years ago (I'm 25). I'm an adult, but I'm not very self-sufficient. I don't/can't even drive. Never had a girlfriend except for one, who was very needy. I feel like the end-times are going to come immediately in a matter of days, especially looking at the news very recently of tensions around the world. It's an anxiety thing, and no matter what people try to tell me about how the world's not ending, I can never be convinced out of my worry. It's only building up the closer time passes. Can somebody who knows what they are talking about please help or reassure me that the world isn't ending anytime soon? I want to give myself another 30 years at least. I pray to the Lord that I'm being guided by somebody who can know and help.
Everyone has to leave the earth at some point, the earth has to end at some point. Is that point going to happen in less than 30 years, who knows.

(But I doubt it)

Upvote 0