Struggling with end-times

StrugglingWithLife

Jun 19, 2015
✟11,465.00
I'm sure there are many Christians out here that share my same problem. I'm naturally a very anxious and worried person. I feel like I never accomplished anything, get married, have kids, live for God, that I could have started on a couple years ago (I'm 25). I'm an adult, but I'm not very self-sufficient. I don't/can't even drive. Never had a girlfriend except for one, who was very needy. I feel like the end-times are going to come immediately in a matter of days, especially looking at the news very recently of tensions around the world. It's an anxiety thing, and no matter what people try to tell me about how the world's not ending, I can never be convinced out of my worry. It's only building up the closer time passes. Can somebody who knows what they are talking about please help or reassure me that the world isn't ending anytime soon? I want to give myself another 30 years at least. I pray to the Lord that I'm being guided by somebody who can know and help.

frienden thalord

Apr 9, 2017
texas
✟59,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
SEEK the LORD
I have great peace................and even as it gets worse
my peace remains........
their is no fear of death, no fear of persecution
just the HOPE in the LORD
that by HIS grace I am saved and am changed
and by HIS SPIRIT we can walk righteously.
I wont lie to anyone..................the signs you are seeing
are real...........but their is no need to fear....
draw close to GOD.............and have the peace of mind
he promises.
end time signs are very evident.
the world will burn in time
focus on the misson. Win souls, walk holy by his grace
do good unto others...........
examine your walk, this fear is NOT OF GOD
and avoid anyone who tells you , you need buddist meditation or some
kind of false meditation.
HIS MIND has perfect peace................whose mind is stayed on the LORD.

Upvote 0

frienden thalord

Apr 9, 2017
texas
✟59,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Much of what wayhoka says is good advice.
though its no pre trib........however no matter what
we go through.................persecutions , beatings , threats of life
MAN I have peace........even knowing what is coming against me
I have no fear................wayhoka is right..................their is no tribulation
no nothing that will compare to the utter glory to be revealed ON HIS DAY
I have JOY now...........but man.................so much the more ON THAT DAY.

Upvote 0

FrankDux

Dec 12, 2016
USA
✟14,876.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Maybe it will only be the misconceptions about God and the scriptures that die in the " end times " and you really have nothing to worry about

When I hear people say they are losing faith in God, what they are really saying is that they have lost faith in the idea/s they had formed about God and the scriptures

Upvote 0

StrugglingWithLife

Jun 19, 2015
✟11,465.00
Maybe it will only be the misconceptions about God and the scriptures that die in the " end times " and you really have nothing to worry about

When I hear people say they are losing faith in God, what they are really saying is that they have lost faith in the idea/s they had formed about God and the scriptures
What are you saying though?

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
What I'm saying is that you may be fearing something that will never happen

After seven decades a Christian that is exactly my thoughts. I no longer put any credence in end times speculations whether they be Bible based or otherwise. Too much damage has already been done to the lives and faith of those who fall for the hype.

• Agree
Reactions: Ygrene Imref
Upvote 0
After seven decades a Christian that is exactly my thoughts. I no longer put any credence in end times speculations whether they be Bible based or otherwise. Too much damage has already been done to the lives and faith of those who fall for the hype.
What are your thoughts on the world tensions like North Korea then?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ygrene Imref

Feb 21, 2017
New York, NY
✟70,839.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
I'm sure there are many Christians out here that share my same problem. I'm naturally a very anxious and worried person. I feel like I never accomplished anything, get married, have kids, live for God, that I could have started on a couple years ago (I'm 25). I'm an adult, but I'm not very self-sufficient. I don't/can't even drive. Never had a girlfriend except for one, who was very needy. I feel like the end-times are going to come immediately in a matter of days, especially looking at the news very recently of tensions around the world. It's an anxiety thing, and no matter what people try to tell me about how the world's not ending, I can never be convinced out of my worry. It's only building up the closer time passes. Can somebody who knows what they are talking about please help or reassure me that the world isn't ending anytime soon? I want to give myself another 30 years at least. I pray to the Lord that I'm being guided by somebody who can know and help.

The world will never end.

Never.

HOWEVER, the world as we know it often changes, and the end of the world in the bible is the end of a spiritual/"earth" age. Stuff is gonna change big time. Nations will fall and rise, wars will happen, and be rumored to happen. The usual.

When we hear of The End Of The World As We Know It, we tend to forget the AWKI part - as in, old is passing away, and some new paradigm is coming. That doesn't mean complete anhiliation; in fact, there are going to be enough people here, and enough "life" going such that some of them will be marrying, and partying. This happened right before the flood.

Anxiety is sometimes a great social and spiritual barometer. Use it to transform it into alertness. If you are connected to the world as you know it now, it will be that much harder to go through the change. This has to do with Christ talking about not being "in the world," or even asceticism and philosophical cynicism - which value virtues over worldly things. Even non Christian/Hebrew ancients understood that the world as we know it doesn't change, and that the stronger you are connected to the world, the more painful it will be to sever ties when change comes.

Upvote 0

Winken

Heimat
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2010
✟168,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I can't tell if I'm truly a Christian or not, but I still pray. It doesn't hurt anything either way.
John 14:6
John 3:16-17
John 5:24
Ephesians 2:8-9
Romans 8:1

If you confess that you believe you shall be forgiven.

Read His promise:
Romans 10:8-13.
Believe it, receive it, rejoice now and for eternity!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Mar 24, 2017
Houston
Visit site
✟16,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I'm ready. This is what needs to happen. To make gods judgement come. by mans doing
his arrogance will be shown to him. and me I'm a peaceful man who will die in the wreckage of this chaos. I will pray for my parents and for the world.

I have tried to share my talents but It is obvious the generation is unsalvageable and lives to only do one things but betray each other. make one into another a slave or make the attempt to run from their due to pay attention. but it will all be put back to order with fire.

Man's arrogance has swallowed him up. I'm sure theres similar words to be found in gods word but I'll tell you this.

find your way to Christ. and know that he was because good and evil exist. and surely evil exist. and you know what that means. yes.
up above. and the ancient war that came before us. amen.

• Agree
Reactions: Ygrene Imref
Upvote 0

Glen Yoshida

Apr 5, 2017
Denver, Colorado
✟8,328.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
It's impossible for any human to definitively convince you that nothing bad will happen because none of us can possibly know. If God wanted you to have that assurance then he would have made it known so you are clearly not supposed to know. That feeling of impending doom you have is God lighting a fire under your butt so you turn that worry into action.

You are asking the wrong questions. Instead of focusing on the terrible things that might come you are supposed to be spending your life being thankful for what you have, taking chances to develop a rich life, and helping out those that are less fortunate than you so you don't end up being self centered.

You mention some pretty awesome things. A girlfriend, a family, driving, and a relationship with God. The more you focus on being grateful and how to grow as a man the less you will fear the end of times.

Work to become the kind of man that a woman respects and wants to be with, a father that your kids can learn from, and and example that God can look down on and say. “Now there is one of my children that is working hard on himself.”

Upvote 0