Struggling to understand if masturbation is okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟987,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Having read and studied the Bible for decades now, I've not found anywhere that it ways masturbation is a sin.
I've meet a lot of people who think it is and a lot who think it isn't. Paul said if you believe it's a sin then to you it is a sin.
Do you know what happens if you run rough-shod over rough ground too long? You won't be able to ride the steed in soundness very long. Such as it is when we 'wrest' scripture toward a reprobate outlook, unable to distinguish true decency of holy living. I was a young man, the Apostle said when he became a man, he put away childish things, the world offers a truckload to weigh in on the misguided or un-established soul. But, we are called to "endure hardness as a good soldier of Jesus Christ". There is a battle to be fought, it has to do with taking up our cross and following Him

Upvote 0

dayhiker

Mature veteran
Sep 13, 2006
MA
✟220,077.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Do you know what happens if you run rough-shod over rough ground too long? You won't be able to ride the steed in soundness very long. Such as it is when we 'wrest' scripture toward a reprobate outlook, unable to distinguish true decency of holy living. I was a young man, the Apostle said when he became a man, he put away childish things, the world offers a truckload to weigh in on the misguided or un-established soul. But, we are called to "endure hardness as a good soldier of Jesus Christ". There is a battle to be fought, it has to do with taking up our cross and following Him
Weel, if you feel it's sin to touch then you shouldn't. I'd agree with you. But as Baptists used to say where the Bible is silent we should be silent also. So I personally don't create a sin that God doesn't define in the Bible. As I believe it would be a sin for me to add to God's word. Which is what the Bible says.

Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟987,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Weel, if you feel it's sin to touch then you shouldn't. I'd agree with you. But as Baptists used to say where the Bible is silent we should be silent also. So I personally don't create a sin that God doesn't define in the Bible. As I believe it would be a sin for me to add to God's word. Which is what the Bible says.
Circular reasoning. Didn't you think I understood the first time?

The word 'masturbation' doesn't appear in the bible, I get it, okay. The thing that you don't seem to be getting and steering clear of is the unity of the Holy Spirit, which is within His people to be of "the same mind" and "in one accord" as it is written. But here, you wish to try and disrupt that unity to invite division over something else you are steering clear of - maturity: ", , solid food is for the mature, who by constant use have trained themselves to distinguish good from evil. (Hebrews 5:14)

, , which confirms my earlier point of decency and whether we are capable of maintaining it or not. Please reconsider these things in earnest as those words are God's word. The peace of God will be your reward!

Upvote 0

dayhiker

Mature veteran
Sep 13, 2006
MA
✟220,077.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Circular reasoning. Didn't you think I understood the first time?

The word 'masturbation' doesn't appear in the bible, I get it, okay. The thing that you don't seem to be getting and steering clear of is the unity of the Holy Spirit, which is within His people to be of "the same mind" and "in one accord" as it is written. But here, you wish to try and disrupt that unity to invite division over something else you are steering clear of - maturity: ", , solid food is for the mature, who by constant use have trained themselves to distinguish good from evil. (Hebrews 5:14)

, , which confirms my earlier point of decency and whether we are capable of maintaining it or not. Please reconsider these things in earnest as those words are God's word. The peace of God will be your reward!
Ahhh, yes I didn't understand that that was your point. I find that I am of the same mind as other believers from many Christian traditions in that I love them and get along with them even if we have disagreements. How are you doing with being of one mind with all the other Christian traditions?
Remember that there were disagreements in NT Bible days as well. 1 Cor. Paul address the 4 different groups in 1 Cor. 3. What is interesting is that Paul doesn't say they which group is right or wrong. He says we should see that each group has their part in the kingdom and each group labors in their area and we are to see that we are all working in God's vineyard. In Romans 8 Paul applies this to eating meat offered to idol by says it's not about whether we eat or not for we aren't better or worse no matter what we do unless we do it to cause harm to other believers. Which my motive is not to harm other believers but to releave them of guilt for believing they have to live up to the laws of man. But if it's sin for them to touch then ya, they shouldn't.

Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟987,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
How are you doing with being of one mind with all the other Christian traditions?
Fomenting the same self-guided response to God's will. Just because you wish to sweep "the unity of the Spirit" from view, doesn't mean you have succeeded in the cancellation of His will AS STATED! What you have succeeded in is terminating our discussion for repeat, dullness of hearing. Good day!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.