Oshawa
✟9,936.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I have had a desire to be married for years, and the patience thats been involved is extremely difficult. I've often asked the Lord to search my heart and show me if this desire is just selfish ambition, and He ends up reaffirming and strengthening this desire in new ways.

I'm thankful the Lord gave me a passion for a holy and righteous marriage, though I'm struggling in great ways to be satisfied with my single life. I serve continually, and submit to his timing in all things.

Please pray for relief in some way; that the Lord would take this desire from me, or provide hope for a future.

Thank you,
Spencer

drjean

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2011
✟313,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
images
I'd stop struggling with it, and live content single. WHEN God's timing is right, then He'll provide. Paul says to be content in whatever state we are in... single is a state.

Upvote 0

Spencer_3433

Nov 20, 2017
Oshawa
✟9,936.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
To stop struggling is much easier said than done. Much easier for Paul who wished everyone would want to be single, but knew many people desired marriage.

I'm more than happy to trust God's timing. As a male, I'm expected to initiate with a woman. I don't have the luxury of sitting back and being passive.

Upvote 0

NurseAbigail

Site Supporter
Sep 27, 2017
NC
✟48,325.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
I have had a desire to be married for years, and the patience thats been involved is extremely difficult. I've often asked the Lord to search my heart and show me if this desire is just selfish ambition, and He ends up reaffirming and strengthening this desire in new ways.

I'm thankful the Lord gave me a passion for a holy and righteous marriage, though I'm struggling in great ways to be satisfied with my single life. I serve continually, and submit to his timing in all things.

Please pray for relief in some way; that the Lord would take this desire from me, or provide hope for a future.

Thank you,
Spencer

Prayer for you:
Dear Father in Heaven, i pray for my bro in Christ, Spencer, that You would grant his request for the right woman. I pray that he would be so complete in You and she would be so complete in You that when they meet they both would know they were meant to be. Help him during these times to prepare for that day, but most importantly to leave all these concerns in Your hand and to trust Your perfect timing. Grant him peace in his heart and may he be able to do Your will during this season of singleness. Bless all his endevours and bring success in all he does that's for Your glory. Help him through Your Holy Spirit to guard his heart and mind always. Keep him away from any evil, even from evil men and women. May he always seek wisdom in all he does and stand up for what is right. In Jesus name, amen.

Upvote 0

LastAcorn99

Sep 15, 2016
Colorado Springs
✟34,262.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I know that a desire for intimacy and companionship, as well as the longing for children, can be strong feelings, and it’s not easy when these longings are unfulfilled. Be assured of my prayers for you, Spencer. May the Lord accomplish His will in your life as you bring your desires to Him.

Reactions: Searching1God
Upvote 0

Matisyahu8898

Site Supporter
Sep 8, 2016
MO
✟34,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
To stop struggling is much easier said than done. Much easier for Paul who wished everyone would want to be single, but knew many people desired marriage.

I'm more than happy to trust God's timing. As a male, I'm expected to initiate with a woman. I don't have the luxury of sitting back and being passive.
I know how you feel. I really want to get married, and every time I ask God about it, I get this one word every time. "Wait" I don't logically feel like waiting is the best call. I know plenty of people who are older than me who aren't married, and I want to do something about it, but God keeps telling me to wait, so I'm waiting. I'm praying for you, that you find the same peace that I have had. I would like to share some advice with you, though. It seems to me that God is not telling you, "no". Maybe you're hearing the same thing as me. I just recommend that it doesn't matter how long the wait is, it's what you do with it. I asked God for about a month for something I could do while I'm waiting, and I think He was pleased with that, because I have felt in my heart the desire start something big. I'm not sure what, yet, but I can tell that God is preparing me for something beyond myself. Ask God to give you something to do that greatly pleases Him. If you're busy, the wait will seem much shorter.

"If the Lord, Jehovah, makes us wait, let us do so with our whole hearts; for blessed are all they that wait for Him. He is worth waiting for. The waiting itself is beneficial to us: it tries faith, exercises patience, trains submission, and endears the blessing when it comes. The Lord's people have always been a waiting people." Charles Spurgeon

"He gives power to the faint and to him who has no might He increases strength. Even youths shall faint and be weary, and young men fall exhausted; but they who wait on the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall walk and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint." Isaiah 40:29-31

Essentially, you're waiting for something that practically only God can provide. So while you wait on the LORD, let it not be in vain.

God bless, and I pray that you find an amazing wife who loves God as much as you do.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ancient of Days

Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2017
Mn.
✟138,689.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Not trying to be sarcastic but have you tried dating? Are you attending any mixed singles events? There are some great online Christian single sites. In fact I met my wife on one. Just praying and not taking any actions is telling God he should do the work. Find some mixed singles bible study's. When I was single I did all the above and more. I turned into a serial dater, sometimes I miss the thrill of the chase but I married a keeper. BE PICKY and don't settle!! Join this one and start chatting with the girls, it will help. Christian Dating For Free (CDFF) #1 Christian Singles Dating App Site

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mukk_in

Yankees Fan
Site Supporter
Oct 13, 2009
Vellore, India
✟664,706.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate

Thank you,
Spencer
He'll give you a wife son, and much more than you can imagine. But set your heart on Him, and all these things will be added to you. God bless :).

Upvote 0

maxxfuture

Jan 7, 2013
✟7,843.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Thank you,
Spencer

HE will NOT take it away! Your desire is good and virtuous! Meaning; HE put it there in the first place.
Instead of walking in confusion and constantly wrestling with this in your mind (the place of all battles) embrace this GOD given desire and prepare yourself.
Gird up your lions and make way for your wife and children. Faith without feet is useless. Buy an engagement ring for your future wife and start a savings account for your future children. Walk in faith and make yourself blessable and HE will give you the desires of your heart......

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Greg Merrill

Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2017
Las Vegas
✟342,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Father, I pray for Spencer to use this time of being single in preparation for a possible time of being married. I think of Ezra 7:10 where Ezra prepared himself to teach in Israel while he was still living in Babylon. God will use people that prepare themselves to be used. Father, show Spencer what You would have him do to come to the place of where You would finally lead him to the one you would approve of him marrying. Bring him to the place of satisfaction and peace of where he is in the present, to be prepared to be a good husband in the future. Philippians 4:11. Amen.

Upvote 0

$pirit

Dec 19, 2017
St. Paul
✟38,696.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Thank you,
Spencer

Instead of praying for the desire to be taken, I am also praying for relief. God has done this for me in other areas.

Five years ago I was working a job I hated. The pay was awful and the management was terrible. I worked there for just under a year and towards the end I was praying hard for a new job. Then I found one I REALLY wanted. I didn’t get it.

Shortly after, I got a job at a news station doing admin work. I had no prior experience. It was not at all what I expected or asked for, but I LOVED it. The desire for the original job I wanted quickly faded. I spent three years as an admin until one day my boss told me I was being laid off along with tons of other people.

The first thing that came to my mind was reapplying for the former job. One month later I got it! When I went for it the first time, I thought God was saying no. He sent relief through the admin job, and the skills from that prepared me for what I’m doing now. I didn’t realize it then. It wasn’t a no, just a not yet.

I’m praying for that same relief and contentment in my singleness :). He’s able. I’ll be praying for you, too.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums