• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

SSA0033

Apr 7, 2020
McAllen
✟15,251.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Hi
I’m new here, but I wanted to ask for prayer. I’m in my first year of ministry school and my last semester in college. I am about to start my MBA in August. And honestly I feel inadequate to the max. I struggle with the fact that I always compre myself to others and always have. I’m 22, and still single. I understand that I have my whole life ahead of me still but for some reason I feel God has forgotten me. I’m not sure what it is or what kind of prayer I need to pray. I haven’t expressed it to anyone, and for some reason I haven’t expressed it to my pastor. I feel ashamed that I feel the way I do and I’m called to ministry. But somehow I ended up on here.

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi
I’m new here, but I wanted to ask for prayer. I’m in my first year of ministry school and my last semester in college. I am about to start my MBA in August. And honestly I feel inadequate to the max. I struggle with the fact that I always compre myself to others and always have. I’m 22, and still single. I understand that I have my whole life ahead of me still but for some reason I feel God has forgotten me. I’m not sure what it is or what kind of prayer I need to pray. I haven’t expressed it to anyone, and for some reason I haven’t expressed it to my pastor. I feel ashamed that I feel the way I do and I’m called to ministry. But somehow I ended up on here.

Please understand that satan attacks any one who seeks to serve The Lord. The devil does that with our weaknesses and inadequateness the easiest, especially when we have a low self esteem. Please consider; if you cannot rule your own inner household how can you serve others? So see this as a lesson you have to learn before you are ready for ministry.

i always bring my inadequacies to the Lord and ask Him to shape me in accordance with Scripture. If you base your inner truths on Scripture than you can win any battle that is raged against you.

Perhaps seek the Lords answer to all of this in prayer and Scripture reading.

His blessing be upon you.

• Friendly
Reactions: SSA0033
Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Hi
Hi, 22 and single is pretty normal these days. God is not in the business of forgetting His people. The best kind of prayer when you don't know what to pray is "help!" God has promised never to leave you or forsake you. Do not depend on your feelings. They are utterly unreliable. God asks us to depend on His word, no matter what you feel.

Comparing yourself to others is pointless. God does not. He does not look at you in isolation. Those who are born again died and rose again with Christ. God his you in His Son. So when God looks at you, who does He see? All we have to do is stay where God has put us.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hi

This can be developed with practice:

Mark 12:31
The second is this: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no other commandment greater than these.”

James 2:8
If you really fulfill the royal law according to the Scripture, “You shall love your neighbor as yourself,” you are doing well.

Romans 15:2
Let each of us please his neighbor for his good, to build him up.

Galatians 5:14
For the whole law is fulfilled in one word: “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.”

Proverbs 3:29
Do not plan evil against your neighbor, who dwells trustingly beside you.

Matthew 7:12
“So whatever you wish that others would do to you, do also to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets.

Reactions: SSA0033
Upvote 0