String theory, M theory, 11 dimensions, parallel universes!

hannahfievel

He has known me since the womb, amen.
Apr 24, 2007
maryland
✟20,492.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
string theory, M theory, 11 dimensions, parallel universes!
jsmile-wink.gif

http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/horizon/2001/parallelunitrans.shtml

These are all part of our "living universe"...thought "some" here might enjoy a friend of mines knowledge. He is a "major" science buff...who just happens to "love the Lord" and knows that all these things are in place because of Him. I love this stuff...just proves to me..that there is a God! Sincerely, hannah :wave:

lucaspa

Legend
Oct 22, 2002
New York
✟32,309.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
string theory, M theory, 11 dimensions, parallel universes!
jsmile-wink.gif

http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/horizon/2001/parallelunitrans.shtml

These are all part of our "living universe"...thought "some" here might enjoy a friend of mines knowledge. He is a "major" science buff...who just happens to "love the Lord" and knows that all these things are in place because of Him. I love this stuff...just proves to me..that there is a God! Sincerely, hannah :wave:
They may be part of our universe! All these are controversial theories and are not yet accepted. String/M Theory in particular is in trouble within the physics community. Lee Smolin is particularly critical, but in fact String/M Theory has been failing some tests lately.

So sit back, relax, and let science continue to tell you how God created. It may be that God did not make the universe out of strings and 'branes, however.

Upvote 0

lucaspa

Legend
Oct 22, 2002
New York
✟32,309.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
What do parallel universes have to do with God?
Why would God create other universes?
I've never seen anything about this in the Bible.

Computers aren't in the Bible, either. Yet here you are typing on one.

As to "why would God create other universes", why did God create all those galaxies in our universe? They are an inevitable product of the method God used to create. Perhaps parallel universes are also inevitable.

Upvote 0

Vandhiyathevan

May 5, 2007
CA , USA
✟15,269.00
Faith
Hindu
Marital Status
Single
For detailed info about the Surpstrings/M theories check out this site
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/elegant/

and don't forget to watch the multi-part pbs video thats on the site.

and as Redmartian stated...I too wonder how comes "god" gets to be in the same post as this scientific theory?:confused:.

i don't see Anything in those theories that point to god.

Upvote 0

hannahfievel

Apr 24, 2007
maryland
✟20,492.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I guess where the talk about a living God comes from could be from the fact that "all" this info came from a very faithful man..who studies science alot and even though he is a man of science "he" does see God in all of this..and btw...me too! :)

And, just for kicks...I will hunt for the double helix photo they found in a galaxy..which looks "exactly" like a hugemongous human dna strand..I just thought it was cool! Sincerely, hannah :wave:

Upvote 0

Vandhiyathevan

May 5, 2007
CA , USA
✟15,269.00
Faith
Hindu
Marital Status
Single
I guess where the talk about a living God comes from could be from the fact that "all" this info came from a very faithful man..who studies science alot and even though he is a man of science "he" does see God in all of this..and btw...me too! :)

And, just for kicks...I will hunt for the double helix photo they found in a galaxy..which looks "exactly" like a hugemongous human dna strand..I just thought it was cool! Sincerely, hannah :wave:

;)ALL Dna strands are double helix's. :)

so to claim its a "human DNA" is way off the mark. we should be better of calling it maybe "the single celled organism's Dna strand" cos even single celled beings had the double helix:)

Upvote 0

hannahfievel

Apr 24, 2007
maryland
✟20,492.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I had some time now..so here is the photo of a "double helix nebula". It's just kinda cool...so I thought I would share. Sincerely, hannah :wave:

http://www.space.com/scienceastronomy/060315_dna_nebula.html

BTW...thought it was cool it is in the Milky Way and near a black hole! Any opinions? Just curious, thanks! :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tryptophan

May 28, 2004
Missouri
✟8,241.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Others
Okay, I've been reading Lee Smolin's book on string theory, and I feel that although these hypotheses may be possible, they are way too far from being confirmed experimentally. I think some documentaries take string theory and similar theories that posit extra dimensions and alternate universes way beyond what the data actually say.

Upvote 0

hannahfievel

Apr 24, 2007
maryland
✟20,492.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I read in a few posts...what does scientific theories have to do with God. Well, IMHO...if it wasn't for our Creator...we wouldn't even have theories to talk about...cuz He made all the laws of the Universe and even He stays within the boundries of the theories in which we think on. And, of course...Only He knows for sure "which are the correct theories", true?

Now, we can assume all day "we know", but He is the one directing our thinking about our place in the Universe and it seems to me that most humans do not want to think of ourselves as being alone in sooo much space! Which I totally think there is way more to "everything" than meets the eye.:cool:

Even Christ said "The things that we can "see" in this world would perish, but the inseen things of this world are the things that are eternal"...like our souls! That is one reason for me there could be no science, or math, or anything for that matter if not for God and theories...like E=MC2. I like the theory that all energy once created cannot be destroyed...like our spirits.:)

Okay if not for our God and scientific theories...where would our "life energy" go...if not to infinity or what some us call "Heaven"? Just another of my curious questioning thoughts on my part.:blush: Thanks, your sis, hannah

Upvote 0

hannahfievel

Apr 24, 2007
maryland
✟20,492.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Computers aren't in the Bible, either. Yet here you are typing on one.

As to "why would God create other universes", why did God create all those galaxies in our universe? They are an inevitable product of the method God used to create. Perhaps parallel universes are also inevitable.

I do like what you have written here! Of course...I think many things we just "think on" we shall see come to pass...like perhaps parallel universes.

I dunno, not God here, and glad about that fact! Remember, HE did tell Adam and Eve NOT to eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil...for the exact reasons that we are now living in the gigantic mess this world is in.

I have thought on occasion..."if only" everything was like in the Garden...with all the joys of living and talking with Him and there would be no sorrow. And, possibly...isn't it possible that the Lord would have taught us "all" by now many many truths..if we had let Him..things like how to travel at the speed of light...maybe we would know much more than things we just guess at for now.:confused:

It's just sad IMHO...that man thinks so highly of himself. Meanwhile some of us...just in "blind faith" can believe that what we know is less than nothing compared to what God knows, and have no problem living by FAITH and trusting that God is in charge and knows "exactly" what is going on..even when we can't see the grand picture!

So, for me...I believe like the bible says..."ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE TO GOD" AMEN! I just don't like to dismiss thoughts that are put into our minds...maybe He "is" trying to show us something that we didn't know before..it would be nice if we listened to Him once in a while, amen! So...Thanks again, hannah :wave:

Upvote 0

hannahfievel

Apr 24, 2007
maryland
✟20,492.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I love the photo of the "Double Helix Nebula"

I found the easiest way to understand string theory is to listen to Dr Lewney's lecture (http://www.doctorlewney.com/page1001.html)

It is fantastic! You come away understanding it... for a few minutes ;)

Hello thinktwice,

First of all..love the user name...really we could all use a dose of "thinking twice"!;)

And, I'm glad someone liked the photo of the helix...even though even a single celled animal is one too...maybe that is just one of many reasons we have a type of connection to other living things...like I've said before...not God, so not saying I know nothin' any better than anyone else. So, thank you again Thinktwice, I will try to understand it all "even if it is just for a few minutes"! :D hannah :wave:

Upvote 0

mrpiddly

May 27, 2007
✟16,409.00
Faith
Atheist
m-theory can prove almost any single event, yet once these events are linked together there are gaps and errors in the math. Things like the big bang and other extreme occurrences have always baffled most TOEs.

In the case of M-theory, there may just be one number that has mystified science and that number would connect everything. However, it is more likely that m-theory will follow in the footsteps of early string theory, in which multiple theories emerged as scientists investigated more deeply.

One thing is unclear to me, how does M-theory support god? If anything, it proves that our universe is not unique at all and that the defining moment in our history, the big bang, occurs all the time through the "random" collision of branes. With infinite universes of gigantic proportions, there are essentially infinite possibilities that life will form through a systematic series of events.

It has even been theorized that one day, when extreme amounts of nry are readily available to humans, scientists will be able to create a brane. This brane, which could only be monitored indirectly, would then expand to universal proportions. If there happened to be a collision with another neighboring brane, a "big bang" could possibly occur. Then if physics and everything else was in the right conditions, life could develop within this brane/universe. However unless extremely sophisticated instruments were developed, we would never actually know if life had developed.

Once science enters that realm, some very difficult physiological questions will have to be answered.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums