Jul 19, 2011
North Carolina
Visit site
✟15,194.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I love it. It just kills the flesh. I love to see the people rip up the tracts and throw back in my face. My lost friends (not friends anymore lol) laugh at me and point. And every once in a while, you get a genuine convert. Amazing. Great way to evangelise. Any brothers or sisters out there my age do it?

gostandspeak. c o m for good info on street preaching.

Kixa

:Possession of God:
Jan 8, 2010
New Jersey
✟9,025.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have gone to a mall to evangelize and hand out tracts. I do think that throwing them in people's faces might scare people off more than show them love. And my non-Christian friends, that think I'm crazy for believing in God, I am still friends with to show them the unconditional love of God. That way, maybe after years of my example, they might reconsider Christianity.
What I want to do is go on the streets and hand out free coffee or sandwiches with the tracts to draw more people in. And hopefully and help them start with the brain connection: "Christianity=good" and then use friendship as means for witnessing. :)
I do think that what you are doing is WONDERFUL!! And we need more Christians who are as outgoing in their faith as you are! :)

Upvote 0

SDBaptist

Puritan
Jul 19, 2011
North Carolina
Visit site
✟15,194.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I have gone to a mall to evangelize and hand out tracts. I do think that throwing them in people's faces might scare people off more than show them love. And my non-Christian friends, that think I'm crazy for believing in God, I am still friends with to show them the unconditional love of God. That way, maybe after years of my example, they might reconsider Christianity.
What I want to do is go on the streets and hand out free coffee or sandwiches with the tracts to draw more people in. And hopefully and help them start with the brain connection: "Christianity=good" and then use friendship as means for witnessing. :)
I do think that what you are doing is WONDERFUL!! And we need more Christians who are as outgoing in their faith as you are! :)

That is filled with humanism and pragmatism. Don't appeal to their flesh. These people need to know that they are vile before a holy God.
Go to sermonaudio. C O M and search "Ten Shekels and a Shirt" by Paris Riedhead. Great sermon on humanism and pragmatism and true repentance. :)

Upvote 0

GGstar

Living for Him
Jun 25, 2011
UK
✟7,748.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
I like doing positive actions for the community at large and evangelising through that... perform a favour for someone who probably isn't a Christian, and then when they ask why you're doing that for free, you explain. That way they don't feel pressured or shouted at, and testimonies I think are really powerful. A man I met on a foreign campus is getting baptised this week :)

Upvote 0

Kixa

Jan 8, 2010
New Jersey
✟9,025.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That is filled with humanism and pragmatism. Don't appeal to their flesh. These people need to know that they are vile before a holy God.
Go to sermonaudio. C O M and search "Ten Shekels and a Shirt" by Paris Riedhead. Great sermon on humanism and pragmatism and true repentance. :)

I'm not going to argue with you because everyone has different opinions and will do and think things differently from each other, that's how we're meant to be; but I am certainly not a humanist or a pragmatist.

I think what would make people desire a loving God is by being a loving example.
Of course the people who are lost need to know that they are sinners and will burn in Hell if they do not repent, but I believe that is equally as important if not more important to preach about God's love and how He will save us from the burning torture if we repent.

"By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another." ~John 13:35

I think we need to make people feel uncomfortable about the fact that they are detestable in the sight of God, but it needs to be done in a sensitive enough way that will not make people think God is just a dictator. And do this by preaching the truth in love. (Ephesians 4:15)

Upvote 0

SDBaptist

Puritan
Jul 19, 2011
North Carolina
Visit site
✟15,194.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SDBaptist

Puritan
Jul 19, 2011
North Carolina
Visit site
✟15,194.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
no you just look like an idiot. no offence. it makes christians look bad

Didn't St Stephen die preaching the gospel on the streets? I guess he was wrong in doing so? And Noah? And Jonah? And Jeremiah and Ezekiel? And the apostles? And Jesus?

Upvote 0

stacymay

Cloudcuckoolander
May 17, 2011
North Carolina
✟8,024.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I love it. It just kills the flesh. I love to see the people rip up the tracts and throw back in my face. My lost friends (not friends anymore lol) laugh at me and point. And every once in a while, you get a genuine convert. Amazing. Great way to evangelise. Any brothers or sisters out there my age do it?

I don't, but I'm trying to get into witnessing at local schools through a program at my university. I think street preachers have a bad reputation, and we should pray for those who rip up the tracts over it. Gary Birdsong came to our school and was standing there yelling about how we were all going to Hell. I don't think that's how to Gospel should be delivered; I think it should be delivered through kindness and understanding. Once I was downtown and some people my age were offering free prayer. I prayed with them and what a blessing it was to see someone doing God's work on the streets! May God bless you in your endeavors, and I hope you get more converts and less bashing. The preconceived notions regarding street evangelism has basis in reality, but needs to be washed away by understanding. Those people who rip up the tracts aren't hopeless, remember, and they won't repent if they're yelled at or feel patronized. Someday, pray, God will open their hearts. He works in mysterious ways.

Upvote 0

SDBaptist

Puritan
Jul 19, 2011
North Carolina
Visit site
✟15,194.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I don't, but I'm trying to get into witnessing at local schools through a program at my university. I think street preachers have a bad reputation, and we should pray for those who rip up the tracts over it. Gary Birdsong came to our school and was standing there yelling about how we were all going to Hell. I don't think that's how to Gospel should be delivered; I think it should be delivered through kindness and understanding. Once I was downtown and some people my age were offering free prayer. I prayed with them and what a blessing it was to see someone doing God's work on the streets! May God bless you in your endeavors, and I hope you get more converts and less bashing. The preconceived notions regarding street evangelism has basis in reality, but needs to be washed away by understanding. Those people who rip up the tracts aren't hopeless, remember, and they won't repent if they're yelled at or feel patronized. Someday, pray, God will open their hearts. He works in mysterious ways.

We definitely have a bad rep from people like James Preacher who stands on a street corner and calls everyone a "[bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse]" or a "harlot". Terrible really.
I believe that we should preach on hell. Jesus did, but we should do it to scare people. Our language should be conformed to the Word. If the word isn't used in Scripture, we shouldn't say it. I can't tell you how frustrated I get with street preachers who just want to tell everyone that they are going to hell.
Most people who get offended because of my preaching get mad simply because I quoted the Bible. Read 1 John 2:15-16 and James 4:4 and you'll see that anyone who loves the world isn't a Christian. I never said that the people I'm talking to aren't a Christian, but if they determine that from the text, it's the Bible saying it not me. I want to preach God's Word, not man's word.

Upvote 0

stacymay

Cloudcuckoolander
May 17, 2011
North Carolina
✟8,024.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
We definitely have a bad rep from people like James Preacher who stands on a street corner and calls everyone a "[bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse]" or a "harlot". Terrible really.
I believe that we should preach on hell. Jesus did, but we should do it to scare people. Our language should be conformed to the Word. If the word isn't used in Scripture, we shouldn't say it. I can't tell you how frustrated I get with street preachers who just want to tell everyone that they are going to hell.
Most people who get offended because of my preaching get mad simply because I quoted the Bible. Read 1 John 2:15-16 and James 4:4 and you'll see that anyone who loves the world isn't a Christian. I never said that the people I'm talking to aren't a Christian, but if they determine that from the text, it's the Bible saying it not me. I want to preach God's Word, not man's word.

Amen, brother! I'm so glad you do what you do. Witnessing always has the same message, but the way it's delivered matters. People are reached in different ways, and it's important to remember that. I'm very inspired to see a young person so devoted to preaching the Word, though, bless you :) I have to admit I don't hate the world, but I hope that doesn't mean I'm not a real Christian. The world is God's creation too, and the people in it deserve our understanding and flexibility. I feel like I can still be close to God even if I enjoy life and love others; all of ours purposes are individual. When I think about witnessing, I remember that our message is to be delivered with kindness and understanding, and that everyone's purpose is different and unique so all of our methods are to be respected and considered - I mean, outside of the obvious examples that give street preachers their unfair rep. After all, the idea is to glorify God by bringing people to Him.

Upvote 0

SDBaptist

Puritan
Jul 19, 2011
North Carolina
Visit site
✟15,194.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I think street preachers put people off religion, to them it just looks like people are crazy. There is a man in my city who just yells at people, I think it is just rude. If people want to evangelise there are more gentle and less invasive ways. Also, I think some evangelists pick bad places to preach. I walked past a wiccan festival and these Christians were stood outisde with placards saying that these wiccans were all going to hell. I thought this was so insensitive, and I felt that they were almost 'picking' on a minority religion. I felt it gave Christianity a bad name :(

I don't tell people they're going to hell. I was involved with the occult, but I will tell someone what the Scripture says in a loving way.

[BIBLE]But for the fearful, and unbelieving, and abominable, and murderers, and fornicators, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, their part'shall be in the lake that burneth with fire and brimstone; which is the second death.[/BIBLE]
Revelation 21:8

It is important to warn them. I don't think that hellfire is the way to go, but we need to warn them.

There's nothing wrong with Biblical street preaching. Noah was, Isaiah was, Jeremiah was, Jonah was, Jesus was, the apostles were etc.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Aug 15, 2011
✟9,393.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It's great God has given you the courage and conviction to do this. I haven't the time seeing I work full time and are a mum.

Upvote 0

Kixa

Jan 8, 2010
New Jersey
✟9,025.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's great God has given you the courage and conviction to do this. I haven't the time seeing I work full time and are a mum.

Colossians 3:17 "And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him."

That's so wonderful to be a parent! And it doesn't have to effect sharing your faith! Even at work, you can always be sharing the love of Jesus. :)

Upvote 0
Aug 15, 2011
✟9,393.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thank you!

My (adopted) 11 yo is already a Christian, but what's also great is we share reading our bibles and talk about Jesus.

Colossians 3:17 "And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him."

That's so wonderful to be a parent! And it doesn't have to effect sharing your faith! Even at work, you can always be sharing the love of Jesus. :)

Upvote 0