Not open for further replies.

dews

Nov 4, 2004
✟913.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
My daughter has become attached to a stray cat. The cat comes to my daughter whenever she meows for it:pink: . It is never too far from our home. I am allergic to cats so we are unable to keep it. If we had called to animal control, they would most likely put the cat down since there are too many cats in the shelter anyways. The cold months aren't too far away. We live in Canada in Southern Ontario. Will the cat die in the winter from the cold? Should we feed it? Will it feed itself by hunting? I would hate to find this cat dead in our yard because the poor thing froze to death. If we built it a little shelter on our porch for it, would it live in there or would another animal live in it like a racoon or something? Will it stay warm in there?:scratch:

Dagna

Heathen
Nov 14, 2003
TX
Visit site
✟15,910.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
You may try calling around to different shelters and rescue groups in your area to see if any have room for this kitty. If not, you could probably put up a little dog house or something with blankets and he would most likely use it. I used to have 2 kitties that were strays that hung out in my yard and they had a little box with blankets that they slept in. It's amazing how long they stick around as long as you feed them. If you don't feed him, he'll eventually move on. If you do decide to keep him around, when you go to start your car, bang on your hood for a second before starting it. Some cats have been known to sleep in the engine compartments of cars since it's warm in there and end up dead or seriously hurt when the car was turned on.

Upvote 0

français

Atheist/CA-Bloc Québécois/US-Democrat
Oct 2, 2006
Montréal, Québec
✟21,764.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Bloc
I agree what the others have said.

If you want the cat to stay around, then definitely feed it. Cat food is very cheap, so that should not be a problem!

As for the coldness.. Like the others said, maybe just get a tiny little dog house, and get some old blankets or even clothes that (s)he can cuddle in. Cat always seem to be able to survive even the coldest temperatures, so it is interesting! Also, if you have a garage, you could set up a few blankets in there.

If you feed the cat, and leave out some water, (s)he will probably end up being like your own cat, only an outdoor. And, just set up that little house (or even just a box) and they will be good to go!!!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.