stop fallowing your dreams

dreamer30

Oct 27, 2013
✟15,273.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I hate to say this, and many of you might get mad at me. but it isn't ok to fallow your dreams. it says so in the new testament. It says that you are supposed to accept life as it is, and draw nearer to God by accepting your life. If you don't accept your life as it is, you are going to be opposed by him. What it means to to do good deeds means that you should do good things for other people and not to worry about what others think of you. If you are doing good for others, you will do good for God. And don't listen to those Christian channels because they mostly lie. It says that in the Bible you can win God's approval by doing good deeds for God. And most of them say that just believing in God's word is enough to get you into Heaven. Well it's not. You have to do good things in order to get into Heaven. Help out a Church and don't cry if you can't fallow your dreams because it's not worth it. And after all you will end up with bad spirits if you do.
You don't have to listen to me or believe me, but this is what I read in the new testament under James.Chapter 1-4 By the way. I think I want a new screen name.
Read it and weep.

Btw I don't mean those dresms that help people. I mean the self ambition dreams. Like wanting to play soccer or something on those lines. But if it helps people, those are fine.

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2011
✟10,276.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
We spend a lifetime learning the balance of different verses in scriptures.

That's why it's risky to listen to one TV preacher all the time -- they often say that God called them to preach in a narrow vein, and whether that's right or not, it's a reminder that we need a broader range, like we find in scriptures.

There are verses like God granting us the desires of our hearts... but also whole books on people who were exiled in enemy territory, unable to return to their homeland.
Life with God is an adventure, that's for sure.

On following a dream career-- see whether it is practical and the benefits outweigh the risks. Careers in counseling are very stable, where careers in ballet or football come with more uncertainties.

Upvote 0

BFine

Seed Planter
Jul 19, 2011
My room
✟11,098.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Philippians 2:3-4
"Do nothing from selfish ambition or empty conceit, but with humility of mind
regard one another as more important than yourselves; do not merely
look out for your own personal interests, but also for the interests of others."

Proverbs 6:3-4
"Commit to the LORD whatever you do, and he will establish your plans."
"The Lord works out everything to its proper end-- even the wicked for a
day of disaster."

Upvote 0

dreamer30

Oct 27, 2013
✟15,273.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
look out for your own personal interests, but also for the interests of others."

day of disaster."

Yeah that's what I'm saying. Anyways, I'm not meaning to condem anyone. I'm not drunk either. I have a Bible and if you don't believe me, then look it up. I quoted what passage it's on. And you don't have to take my word for it. But that's what it says.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

blankCrossfire

Hebrews 4:15-16
Jun 20, 2011
✟15,744.00
Faith
Christian
It says that in the Bible you can win God's approval by doing good deeds for God.

Do you have scripture to support this?
What good are our deeds when they aren't wrought in faith, faith in Christ?

Hebrews 11:6
And without faith it is impossible to please him, for whoever would draw near to God must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who seek him.

And most of them say that just believing in God's word is enough to get you into Heaven. Well it's not. You have to do good things in order to get into Heaven.

Did the thief on the cross die in his sins or was he forgiven?
How do you explain this?

Help out a Church and don't cry if you can't fallow your dreams because it's not worth it. And after all you will end up with bad spirits if you do.

What if you're not called to help out a church, but a shelter, or a school, or a charitable organization? The list goes on...
What if God puts someone in a place like a sports team simply to use that person to reconcile those who are lost back to him?

Do you think God calls everyone to do the same thing?
How would we reach nations if we only stayed in one place?

Btw I don't mean those dresms that help people. I mean the self ambition dreams. Like wanting to play soccer or something on those lines. But if it helps people, those are fine.

Are you implying that everyone in professional sports leagues are sinning against God simply because they're in that profession?

You would have to be able to see into the hearts of all of those men and women to make such a claim...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

dreamer30

Oct 27, 2013
✟15,273.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
We spend a lifetime learning the balance of different verses in scriptures.

That's why it's risky to listen to one TV preacher all the time -- they often say that God called them to preach in a narrow vein, and whether that's right or not, it's a reminder that we need a broader range, like we find in scriptures.

There are verses like God granting us the desires of our hearts... but also whole books on people who were exiled in enemy territory, unable to return to their homeland.
Life with God is an adventure, that's for sure.

On following a dream career-- see whether it is practical and the benefits outweigh the risks. Careers in counseling are very stable, where careers in ballet or football come with more uncertainties.

You said it just well. Thanks. :) That's exactly what I meant. :)

Upvote 0

dreamer30

Oct 27, 2013
✟15,273.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
James 4

What is cuasing quarrels and fights among you? Don't they come from evil desires at war within you? You want what you don't have so you scheme and kill to get it. You are jelous of what others have, but you can't get it, so you fight and wage war to take it away from them. Yet you don't have what you want because you don't ask God for it. And even when you ask, you don't get it because your motives are all wrong you want only what will you pleasure. You adulterers! Don't you realize that friendship with the world makes you an emnemy of God? I say it again. If you want to be a friend of the world, you make yourself and enemy of God. What do you think the Scriptures mean when they say that the spirit God has placed within us is filled with envy? But he gives us even more grace to stand against such evil desires. As the scriptures say "God opposes the proud but favors the humble."
So humble yourselves before God. Resus the devil and he will flee from you. Come close to God and God will come close to you. Wash your hands, you sinners;purify your hearts for your loyalty is divifrf between God and the world. Let there be tears for what you have done. Let there be sorrow and deep grief.
Let there be sadness instead of laughter and gloom instead of joy. Humble yourselves before the Lord and he will lift you up in honor.

Upvote 0

dreamer30

Oct 27, 2013
✟15,273.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
James 2

My dear brothers and sisters, how can you claim to have faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ if you favor some people over others? For example, suppose someone comes in your meeting dressed in fancy clothes and expensive jewelry and another comes in who is poor and dressed in dirty clothes. If you give special attention and good seat to the rich person, but you say to the poor one, "You can stand over there or sit on the floor, well, doesn't this discrimination show that your judgements are guided by evil motives? listen to me dear Brothers and sisters, hasn't God chosen the poor in this world to be rich in faith? aren't they the ones who will inherit the Kingdom he promised to those who love him? but you dishonor the poor!
For the person who keeps all the laws except one is as guilty as a person who has broken all of God's laws. For the same God who said. You must not commit adultery also said "You must not murder." So if you murder someone but do not commit adultery you have still broken the law.
So whatever you say or whatever you do remember that you will be judged by what you do.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

dreamer30

Oct 27, 2013
✟15,273.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What good is it dear brothers and sisters, and sisters if you say you have faith but don't show it by your actions? Can that kind of faith save anyone? Suppose you see a brother or sister who has no food or clothing and you say Good by and have a good day, stay warm and eat well, but then you don't give that person any good or clothing. What good does that do?
SO you see, faith by itself isn't enough unless it produces good deeds. It is dead and useless. And it goes on and on.

Upvote 0

znr

Report THIS.
Site Supporter
Apr 13, 2010
Silverado
✟52,720.00
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Private
I didn't mean anything bad by it at all. I take it back. Will you forgive me?
I thought you were going to chill out on saying things like that to me? I'm not a nightmare, I would rather fallow God's plan then to fallow my own. And have Godly dreams instead of my own.

Upvote 0

TravelerFarAwayFromHome

Broken but loved
Jan 16, 2013
✟27,939.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

day of disaster."

I love the verses BFine has quoted.

they really spoke to me

though I think it is like the Phillipian stated, do not merely look out for your own personal interest.

it did not say do not look out for our personal interest at all

I think the reality is we all have commitments in life, whether it is the role of a spouse, a parent, a grandparent, a brother , a son so on and so forth, and in order to fulfil those roles, we do have to look out for our own interests.

me for example, right now I have to put my school work first so I can get my life back together, because I know if I cant be independent, no one is going to help me anyway.

Also my parents are getting old, as a son, I have obligations to them first to take care of them when the day comes, and I cant do that if I am not independent financially.

Upvote 0

BFine

Seed Planter
Jul 19, 2011
My room
✟11,098.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Yeah that's what I'm saying. Anyways, I'm not meaning to condem anyone. I'm not drunk either. I have a Bible and if you don't believe me, then look it up. I quoted what passage it's on. And you don't have to take my word for it. But that's what it says.

*What on earth are you talking about?
I didn't say one thing about you being drunk, nor did I say anything
about you lying.
I know the book of James very well--I do a lot
of Bible studying, research etc-- I've been a Christian for several
decades and I continue learning about the Bible on a regular basis
so I can rightly divide the Word of Truth. I'm not perfect at it but
I strive to learn all I can.

I added other scripture that refer to much of what you were
talking about…and you're acting like that's a bad thing?

Instead of jumping to the wrong conclusions, why not ask me what
am I saying if you don't understand something I submitted.

Upvote 0

asiyreh

God is salvation
Mar 14, 2012
Ireland
✟9,457.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Dreamer.

God is Our Father. A good Father, a Just father, you're right, he does want us to work in his kingdom.

Now if any one builds on the foundation with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble - each man's work will become manifest; for the Day will disclose it, because it will be revealed with fire, and the fire will test what sort of work each one has done. If the work which any man has built on the foundation survives, he will receive a reward. If any man's work is burned up, he will suffer loss, though he himself will be saved, but only as through fire. (1 Cor 3:12-15)

However, Try not to think of God as hostile... Can I use that word?

He's your Father, your Father loves you very much. We are in the World but not of it.

There's a difference in the Greek if memory serves, when it says - The World and "the world."

Upvote 0