Nov 28, 2009
✟21,564.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
I'm still praying to the lord to help me find a girlfriend. There's a lot going against me in finding and meeting someone. I'm tired of people saying I'm not ready to have someone and that I don't deserve one.

I pray god leads her to me, someone who exceeds all my expectations. Who matches all my preferences, more and beyond.

I've prayed for 17 years and my prayer has yet to be answered. I'm tired of waiting, looking, being rejected, turned down for others. They're always either not interested or taken. I wish this dry season would just die in Jesus name. I deserve someone special in my life now.

• Prayers
Reactions: saved24

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hey.... all I will say is a man and a woman leave there family to become one. That means its GODS desire. So if it was me I would be thinking have faith in.. yeah God has someone for me. Relax don't try so hard. KNOW she is coming. Delight your self in the lord and he will give you the desires of your heart. Be praying for you.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Credos4Christ

7 days without prayer makes 1 weak.
Feb 14, 2020
East-Coast
✟23,209.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Hi, RadRave!

Don't give up - all of us have the possibility to experience the preciousness of a loving relationship. At times there is value in rejection. Fighting your way through rejections can equip you with the strength to take on many other emotional challenges.

Searching for love isn't as simple as some may think. Sometimes love just happens. It can be very incidental - one moment you're alone and the next someone interested (and interesting) drops into your lap. But other times our love is gradual: we find a friend we develop a sense of trust and bond with and that blossoms into a long-lasting fidelity and a family.

While you go through this "dry season," find meaning in the other things you've been given in life. Find passions, find beauty. These things will enable you not only to be attracted, but to attract a potential partner.

God bless.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Stephanie7

Senior Veteran
Jun 6, 2004
✟111,104.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Don't stop praying until your answer comes. If you quit praying today, how do you know who was to come by tomorrow?

Heavenly Father, I pray that You will grant this one patience, and an extra measure of faith to keep believing that You have someone for him, In Jesus Name, Amen

• Useful
Upvote 0

Charlie24

Oct 17, 2014
✟103,731.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I'm still praying to the lord to help me find a girlfriend. There's a lot going against me in finding and meeting someone. I'm tired of people saying I'm not ready to have someone and that I don't deserve one.

I pray god leads her to me, someone who exceeds all my expectations. Who matches all my preferences, more and beyond.

I've prayed for 17 years and my prayer has yet to be answered. I'm tired of waiting, looking, being rejected, turned down for others. They're always either not interested or taken. I wish this dry season would just die in Jesus name. I deserve someone special in my life now.

Abraham and Sara didn't wait on God when they wanted a child. Look at the mess they created for themselves.

We must trust through faith that God will meet our needs. It's tough I know, but don't settle for a mess, wait on God for what He has chosen for you.

You are being tested, just hold on and the rewards will be worth the wait a hundred times over.

But you must ask yourself, am I truly worthy of a good christian woman? Am I living the life that God will accept and grant my wish? Tough but necessary questions.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced

You need to find out the reason for unanswered prayer. God is not arbitrary.
"For the LORD God is our sun and our shield. He gives us grace and glory. The LORD will withhold no good thing from those who do what is right." Psalm 84:11

Just saying that you deserve a gf is not going to impress God. Something is hindering you. Find out what, ask God to change you - acknowledge that you are the problem is a good start. It's called humbling yourself.

Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Jesus did not marry. John the Baptist did not marry. Priests and nuns in the RCC do not marry. Love is about giving more than taking.

Upvote 0

Dan1988

Site Supporter
Jul 8, 2018
Sydney
✟204,276.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private

Just wondering if you're just praying for a girlfriend, or a wife to settle down with and have children.
God always answers prayers, when we ask for those things which He ordained such as marriage and children.
We have to be careful that our check list isn't too long, I've seen many unmarried people with very long check lists. The irony is, they require near perfection but they are far from it themselves.

Upvote 0

RadRave

Scholar
Nov 28, 2009
✟21,564.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
Just wondering if you're just praying for a girlfriend, or a wife to settle down with and have children.
God always answers prayers, when we ask for those things which He ordained such as marriage and children.
We have to be careful that our check list isn't too long, I've seen many unmarried people with very long check lists. The irony is, they require near perfection but they are far from it themselves.

Someone I can settle down with.

My check list is reasonable and challenge the lord to fulfill it or top it off. I've yet to see him do so.

I'm upset that someone who fulfilled that list didn't want anything to do with me when she was honestly supposed to be an answer to prayer.

I pray everyday she comes around. She's worth fighting for and winning over.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RadRave

Scholar
Nov 28, 2009
✟21,564.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
Father, please help me find someone special who you know pleases me in more ways than one. You know I miss someone in my life who I care about but doesn't feel the same. I pray for her everyday. Please bring her back some how some way.

If not, please replace her with someone better in more ways than one. I'm tired of not having anyone in my life.

Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,013,150.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single

Once you find one, get married, you will be praying for a divorce! :p

Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Once you find one, get married, you will be praying for a divorce! :p
I am 60 and God told me not to ask for another woman. I prayed for celibacy. Where celibacy is a virtue, lust does not find lodging.

• Useful
Upvote 0

Marumorose

Nov 30, 2019
Polokwane
✟37,738.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

James 4:3-4 says "You ask and you do not receive, because you ask wrongly;you want to spend it on your dissolute pleasures. Do you not realize,you adulteresses, that friendship with the world is enmity toward God?"
You should pray for a good wife and not a perfect girlfriend.

Upvote 0

RadRave

Scholar
Nov 28, 2009
✟21,564.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
James 4:3-4 says "You ask and you do not receive, because you ask wrongly;you want to spend it on your dissolute pleasures. Do you not realize,you adulteresses, that friendship with the world is enmity toward God?"
You should pray for a good wife and not a perfect girlfriend.

Can't find a wife if you don't meet a girl.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Marumorose

Nov 30, 2019
Polokwane
✟37,738.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Can't find a wife if you don't meet a girl.
In Christ you receive a wife, not a girlfriend. Christians do not date because that could lead them into fornication.
Proverbs 18:22 says" He who has found a wife has gained a goodly portion, and obtains favour from the Lord"
Hebrews 13:4 says "Marriage is honourable in all, and the bed undefiled: but whoremongers and adulterers God will judge"
Ephesians 5:3 says "But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints;

• Friendly
Reactions: LoricaLady
Upvote 0

Dan1988

Site Supporter
Jul 8, 2018
Sydney
✟204,276.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Someone I can settle down with.

My check list is reasonable and challenge the lord to fulfill it or top it off. I've yet to see him do so.

I'm upset that someone who fulfilled that list didn't want anything to do with me when she was honestly supposed to be an answer to prayer.

I pray everyday she comes around. She's worth fighting for and winning over.
I prayed for many years for a certain woman, but God didn't give me that one. He sent a different one who proved to be the perfect one, my judgement was corrupt so I wanted the wrong one.
I'm not sure if God is doing the same in your situation, but we should be open what God want's for us because He has a much better plan for us that we have for ourselves.
I would just ask God to send the woman that He wants me to have, and let Him choose one for you. His judgement is much better than ours, so we will never regret obeying His will for our lives.

Upvote 0

RadRave

Scholar
Nov 28, 2009
✟21,564.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
I prayed for many years for a certain woman, but God didn't give me that one. He sent a different one who proved to be the perfect one, my judgement was corrupt so I wanted the wrong one.
I'm not sure if God is doing the same in your situation, but we should be open what God want's for us because He has a much better plan for us that we have for ourselves.
I would just ask God to send the woman that He wants me to have, and let Him choose one for you. His judgement is much better than ours, so we will never regret obeying His will for our lives.

I'll take what you say into consideration.

God knows what I like and desire in a girl. I'm willing to put my trust in him in hopes he'll lead her to me and not mislead me to someone I don't find attractive or repulsive. I know what I want and know what I like and he does too. I'm not willing to settle for less.

Reactions: Dan1988
Upvote 0