• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Still in this battle

drummingman

Jun 16, 2007
✟9,106.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm REALLY struggling with my ocd in my drumming practice. When it gets the best of me it's emotionally crushing. I believe that God has told me what to do to overcome it, but the way it attacks is so powerful sometimes it feels almost impossible to overcome.

It attacks me the same way everytime I practice. Most of the time I go into my practice with some level of worry about how I know the ocd is going to attack me. I've been going through some form of ocd attacks on my practice for years and I just want it to end. It's keeping me from being the best I can be and that's really hurting me in my soul deeply.

Do anybody have any advice on how I can do what God has let me know I need to do to overcome my ocd?

babegirl111

Jan 17, 2008
✟7,967.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Praying!! It really helps, and therapy....maybe meds as well. I have done and had all those things and they helped me tremendously. Also coming to a realization that you have an illness and that its not your fault. I think a lot of people here have not come to terms that they have an actual illness that is out of their control and they are in so much despair over it. You have to learn that about yourself and know it through every OCD episode.

Upvote 0

drummingman

Jun 16, 2007
✟9,106.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I do pray about it all the time, I really do believe it helps. I take med's and have for years. I know that helps as well.

I have been in therapy many times. Most of the time I know more then the therapist. To be honest I can't afford therapy. I really God has told me what to do to overcome the ocd, It's just doing it is the hard part.

Upvote 0