Faith
Ignostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hello. To those that read this.
I tend to think of myself as ignostic..
Of late I'm approaching my analysis with an understanding that people are fundamentally the same given the same resources
People behave like people and as such I view the analysis of "back then things were different".. different than I have before.
Today I see the same ideological assessments being applied to existence as that which was present millenia ago.
The record may differ though.
So much has been lost to conquest and yet this is a current behavior exhibited by people.
Codified and buried under gold as such was long ago is now

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟907,158.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello. To those that read this.
I tend to think of myself as ignostic..
Of late I'm approaching my analysis with an understanding that people are fundamentally the same given the same resources
People behave like people and as such I view the analysis of "back then things were different".. different than I have before.
Today I see the same ideological assessments being applied to existence as that which was present millenia ago.
The record may differ though.
So much has been lost to conquest and yet this is a current behavior exhibited by people.
Codified and buried under gold as such was long ago is now
Welcome to CF!

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,677,288.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: linux.poet
Upvote 0

linux.poet

Electric Nightfall
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2022
Poway
✟204,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Welcome to CF! We’re glad you’re here. Hopefully we can answer your questions, and perhaps learn a thing or two.
What does Christian mean? Is there some agreed upon ideal?
Christian means “follower of Christ”, namely Jesus Christ, the son of God. The agreed upon ideal is Christ’s words and actions, as recorded in the Bible books Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,677,288.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

linux.poet

Electric Nightfall
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2022
Poway
✟204,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
"An area for non-Christian to..."
Without the understanding of what Christian is I'm finding it difficult to qualify myself as non Christian
How can you follow Christ if you don’t know who He is? You are a non-Christian. Post in the appropriate subforums that Michie has posted please. Thank you.

Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟778,161.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Welcome, you can find the Statement of Faith HERE. Basically, to be listed as a "Christian" or one of the denominations therein you have to have beliefs that align with that.

Upvote 0

weekEd

Mar 4, 2024
Southwest
✟5,362.00
Country
United States
Faith
Ignostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Welcome, you can find the Statement of Faith HERE. Basically, to be listed as a "Christian" or one of the denominations therein you have to have beliefs that align with that.
Can it be true that by not identifying what a Christian is leads to confusion as to what a Christian is.
I know what a label is.
Imagine going to the grocery store and buying things based on what they are not and then purchasing items because they are inexpensive especially if the contents of the packaging are not edible..
What an analogy...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

notforgotten

Child of God
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2012
Tustin, California
Visit site
✟96,235.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Welcome to the forums, weekEd.

When I was a 9 year old boy and loving the Lord, I saw Jesus on the wing of an airplane dressed as a shepherd. At the time I thought someone was playing a trick on me to make me become highly religious. I went over 30 years believing there was no way of knowing whether God was real or not. And then, evil spirits had come into my life as a consequence of my sin. I then realized that Jesus, on the wing of that airplane, was real. This is how Jesus had found me. He left the flock to find that one lost sheep.

Reactions: weekEd
Upvote 0

weekEd

Mar 4, 2024
Southwest
✟5,362.00
Country
United States
Faith
Ignostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Welcome to the forums, weekEd.

When I was a 9 year old boy and loving the Lord, I saw Jesus on the wing of an airplane dressed as a shepherd. At the time I thought someone was playing a trick on me to make me become highly religious. I went over 30 years believing there was no way of knowing whether God was real or not. And then, evil spirits had come into my life as a consequence of my sin. I then realized that Jesus, on the wing of that airplane, was real. This is how Jesus had found me. He left the flock to find that one lost sheep.
That's a good story

Reactions: notforgotten
Upvote 0