serhumano

Dec 9, 2004
✟112.00
Faith
Protestant
So.. after all opnions.... What do you think??
And... It's true that steve vai is Christian??
I think not, but I dunno...So say you...
Sorry my english... I'm Brazilian.. when you will answer try to use simple english please.. without slang words... I don't know too many slang words.
Do you have the lyric "I know you're here" of steve vai? can you post here? thanks

Upvote 0

souljourner

Dec 8, 2004
So Cal
Visit site
✟198.00
Faith
Christian
I have read a lot about Steve Vai, considering he is one of the biggest guitar influences for my son (besides God, of course). I don't recall ever reading that he is a Christian, or him claiming to be one. He is a family man, thats for sure. I think unless someone comes right out and says what they believe (like Scott Stapp recently), it would be dangerous for us to assume or debate it. My son and I saw him at a G3 concert a year or so ago, and No mention of faith or religion or any such thing was mentioned by Steve, but.............Yngwie Malmsteen did say "God bless you all" at the end of his set....hmmmmmm, does that mean he is Christian???;) Well, I just think it best to read what they say about themselves (secular artists, that is) and go from there. Remember, God knows our hearts, and that is what we all need to be concerned about. We should, however, pray for them. Well, thats my input, for what it's worth. Please pray for my son Mike and his band Souljourners, as he wants to be a musical and spiritual influence. Although HE would never put himself in the same category as Steve Vai, I have heard many others compare his playing to that of Steve and Eddie.........to God be the glory!! :amen:
In His service,
Mikes mom

www.souljournersband.com

Upvote 0

eutychus

the phlegmatic one
Feb 7, 2004
Louisville
Visit site
✟16,062.00
Faith
Calvinist
Politics
US-Others
Well, here's the text Vai has in the liner notes to his album "The 7th Song" (a brilliant compilation, if I say so myself):

There is no religion
There is no reality or lack of reality
There is no me or you
There is only everything
And the only thing that is that everything
Is divinity itself
And it is all for the love of God

Walking the fine line between pagan and Christian

---
Interpret how you will.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

woodmatt

Jan 29, 2005
✟112.00
Faith
Christian
If you check the liner notes on his "Flexable" cd, his first solo cd, under "special thanks" the following are the first words: "I always wanted to do this...Thank you, God." Also, if you'll check the liner notes on "Fire Garden", under "special thanks", the first words are "God, I love these people". On "Passion & Warfare" are the following words "But mostly I would like to thank the Forces of the Universe for entrusting & working through me. The Divine Power of Music (the Big Guy, you know)." And finally, you'll have to find a copy of "Merry Axemas" and read the liner notes and come to a conclusion yourself.
:idea:

Upvote 0

guitargeek

Mar 8, 2004
Cape Cod Massachusetts
✟525.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think Steve Vai is "Spiritual", but I wouldn't go as far as saying that he's a christian. Muslims and Pagans believe in God too...

The last line from "For the Love of God" is "Walking the fine line between pagan and christian". I never really thought that was all too fine of a line...

Reactions: LITB
Upvote 0

Roo6339

Maynard Fan
May 2, 2004
The Land Down-Under
✟1,304.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
BE WARNED! this link contains a LOT of swearing! it is a steve vai song... i don't really think it's very christian... in fact it's quite the opposite...

http://steve-vai.lyrics-songs.com/lyrics/106651/ <-- ONLY CLICK IF YOU CAN HANDLE THE LANGUAGE!

Upvote 0

souljourner

Dec 8, 2004
So Cal
Visit site
✟198.00
Faith
Christian
Well, we just met Steve last week, and gotta tell you he is one super nice person! My son and I attended his concert, and was personnally invited in on a question and answer segment with about 20 others before the concert. I know for a fact there were atleast 4 other christians in the room and we all agreed that Steve Vai made us all feel very welcome and respected and he continued to thank US for coming! He is a family man, and gave my son some excellent advice and encouragement. This opportunity to meet and talk with Steve, my son's all time guitar influence, was an incredible experience for my son, and effected his playing immediately! Debate if you like on his spiritual statis, but this guitar mega star treated us like family, and that says alot!! We can talk and talk about our "Christianity" and debate weather someone else is based on what they have done or not done, but in the end....God knows our hearts and motives. The Bible says...Love covers a multitude of sins! We felt blessed to have had the opportunity to meet him, and crazy as it sounds, he acted as though he were blessed to meet us!! I pray we represent the Christian community with the Love of Christ and His Light is what shines through to all we meet!!

Upvote 0

LITB

aka Shill
Apr 10, 2005
A small village in Oxfordshire
Visit site
✟16,252.00
Faith
Christian
Roo6339 said:
BE WARNED! this link contains a LOT of swearing! it is a steve vai song... i don't really think it's very christian... in fact it's quite the opposite...

http://steve-vai.lyrics-songs.com/lyrics/106651/ <-- ONLY CLICK IF YOU CAN HANDLE THE LANGUAGE!

Well I really rate Steve Vai, but I just came across this from the vai.com forum........

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
question from person on vai.com said:
Dear Steve, I noticed in your first 2 albums you gave a lot of credit to God. Being a Christian myself, I really admired that, but in the song "**** Yourself" you say "the Lord will be *****...." Steve, I laughed so hard at that song but that line seriously offended me. At St. Andrews Hall in Detroit during "For the Love of God" you looked up said 'thank you', to God I presume... I just want you to know I think you're the greatest guitarist ever to walk the earth, I just wish you would respect God a little more because He gave you the gift.

Steve Vai said:
"Sorry, I did not mean to offend you. That particular line in the song is aimed at people who use religion as a means of personal and monetary gain." The actual line reads "**** yourself with organized religion, now that is some seriously sinnin' business, if the Lord sees their pathetic crimes, He'll be ***** them 'til the end of time". Fear not, however, if that doesn't offend you there are a hundred other things in there that will. :)"

Whilst I think he's on the way, he is clearly not quite there yet.
[/font]

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums