Jun 5, 2004
Here
✟14,830.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We should trust in God's will.

If he wants someione to hget sick, then they get sick. If he wants them to recover, they recover. I'm sure God is much happier looking after these things than he is with the idea of people murdering babies in the hope of changing the outcome of his devine will

Are you suggesting that no medical threatents should be used? That there should be no medical research?

Upvote 0
Oct 23, 2005
North Carolina
✟16,663.00
Faith
Christian
We should trust in God's will.

If he wants someione to hget sick, then they get sick. If he wants them to recover, they recover. I'm sure God is much happier looking after these things than he is with the idea of people murdering babies in the hope of changing the outcome of his devine will
Idk, maybe God wants people to use the treatment though. There is a joke about a drowning man. On his boat, he notices another boat come to save him, he says "No, God will save me." He does the same with the airplane. Well the man drowns and after his death he asks God "Why didn't you save me?" and God tells him he sent a boat and a airplane. Not the joke version of it, but basically what it says. I don't think leaving stuff to God means not doing anything.

Upvote 0

erin74

Ministry is about people not structures.
Feb 8, 2005
rural australia
✟26,267.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
God does not go against himself though. He has shown that he values life. So I don't believe that this is from God.

I actually think that man's desire to fight death is akin to the tower of Babel.

To use your logic there would be nothing we would condemn..... because the assumption is that everyting is from God. I don't suggest we go the other way and say nothing is from him, but this model is overly simplistic.

Upvote 0
H

HexenHammer

Idk, maybe God wants people to use the treatment though. There is a joke about a drowning man. On his boat, he notices another boat come to save him, he says "No, God will save me." He does the same with the airplane. Well the man drowns and after his death he asks God "Why didn't you save me?" and God tells him he sent a boat and a airplane. Not the joke version of it, but basically what it says. I don't think leaving stuff to God means not doing anything.
Like I said before, I don't think God has a problem with medicine, just medicine tht involves there murder of unborn babies

Upvote 0
Oct 23, 2005
North Carolina
✟16,663.00
Faith
Christian
God does not go against himself though. He has shown that he values life. So I don't believe that this is from God.

I actually think that man's desire to fight death is akin to the tower of Babel.

To use your logic there would be nothing we would condemn..... because the assumption is that everyting is from God. I don't suggest we go the other way and say nothing is from him, but this model is overly simplistic.
but then isn't taking antibiotics fighting death. In fact if this were true, wouldn't going to a hospital be fighting God's will? I just can't see how God would want us not to do anything especially knowing that we could do something

Upvote 0

erin74

Feb 8, 2005
rural australia
✟26,267.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Because some things are inherently wrong.

If they discovered that they had far more success killing the embryo off at a later day, say just before the child turned 1, would that still be ok?

Those that built the tower of Babel could do it, but that did not make it God's will.

An antibiotic doesn't kill someone in order to work. That is the big difference.

Stem cell research involves creating a human and destroying it in order to do anything. It has not been successful at all so far - they have successfully created tumors I believe, because it is not stable or controllable.

Adult stem cell research has none of these ethical dilemnas, and has already been enormously useful. As well as this they have been able to find the exact same stem cells used in embryonic stem cell research, in fully grown pigs. There is hope that they will be able to replicate these results in humans. That completely does away with the need to create cloned human beings and destroy them. Yet they continue with this form of research.

Upvote 0
Oct 23, 2005
North Carolina
✟16,663.00
Faith
Christian
Because some things are inherently wrong.

If they discovered that they had far more success killing the embryo off at a later day, say just before the child turned 1, would that still be ok?

Those that built the tower of Babel could do it, but that did not make it God's will.

An antibiotic doesn't kill someone in order to work. That is the big difference.

Stem cell research involves creating a human and destroying it in order to do anything. It has not been successful at all so far - they have successfully created tumors I believe, because it is not stable or controllable.

Adult stem cell research has none of these ethical dilemnas, and has already been enormously useful. As well as this they have been able to find the exact same stem cells used in embryonic stem cell research, in fully grown pigs. There is hope that they will be able to replicate these results in humans. That completely does away with the need to create cloned human beings and destroy them. Yet they continue with this form of research.
the Embryo still dies no matter whether you use if for stem cells or not. I mean I do not like to think of it that way either, but these embryos will just be thrown away.

In response to your first statement, how do we know things are wrong. I mean, think back in the Bible, even after the ten commandments. The people did things that we would never dream of doing now. I am not trying to attack you, I was just wondering how we can know that something is absolutely wrong. I mean in 100 years someone else will know that another action that we do now, is absolutely wrong.

Hope I made sense, I tend to ramble

Upvote 0

erin74

Feb 8, 2005
rural australia
✟26,267.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
the Embryo still dies no matter whether you use if for stem cells or not. I mean I do not like to think of it that way either, but these embryos will just be thrown away.

In response to your first statement, how do we know things are wrong. I mean, think back in the Bible, even after the ten commandments. The people did things that we would never dream of doing now. I am not trying to attack you, I was just wondering how we can know that something is absolutely wrong. I mean in 100 years someone else will know that another action that we do now, is absolutely wrong.

Hope I made sense, I tend to ramble
You need to research a bit more.

They are really not using the stored embryos. They are not 'fresh' enough.

What they do is take a cell from the person they want to treat. They then create a cloned embryo of the person, which they in turn destroy by harvesting the stem cells.

This is not about using up embryo's, which by the way don't have to die. They can be adopted - not that Australia has the facility to do that. But America does.

And we know it is wrong because God does, and always has, valued life. That is why he came to die. He made us, he formed us, he knew of our existance before creation. That is not something that has or will ever change.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.