Star of remphan star of David question

Zugzwang

Feb 28, 2006
✟17,837.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hello, qq for those here, I'm not debating just asking for a lil learned help?

Is the star of remphan in Acts 7 & Amos 5 the same as the star of David on the Israel flag?

Has anyone done any serious research in this area? If you have could you post links where you got your info plz? Thanks in advance.

Zugzwang

Feb 28, 2006
✟17,837.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hello, qq for those here, I'm not debating just asking for a lil learned help?

Is the star of remphan in Acts 7 & Amos 5 the same as the star of David on the Israel flag?

Has anyone done any serious research in this area? If you have could you post links where you got your info plz? Thanks in advance.

Anybody?

Upvote 0

ContraMundum

Messianic Jewish Christian
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2005
Visit site
✟78,078.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Nope. Can't be. The "Star" of David is not really the real name of the shape on the Israeli flag. It is in fact properly called the "Shield of David" (Magen David). Also, the whole "Ramphan" thing is tricky due to textual variants and a complicated history. It's most likely an ancient Arabic/ME name for Saturn. If you can find a copy of Gill's commentary on this passage it's quite interesting and thorough for research and discussion.

There's no real connection between that historic symbol and the Magen David. Lots of whacky conspiracy theories out there about the Magen David and most of them have a root in anti-semitism- which is sadly among the world's most accepted and demonic forms of racism.

Upvote 0