Star of David

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
Six-Pointed Star ( and Hexagram shape )
►on the Hem of the Garment
of the High Priest: POMEGRANATE - Portrait of YESHUA
►in the HONEYCOMB - Portrait of YESHUA
►in the LILY of the VALLEY - Portrait of YESHUA.
►in the SNOW-FLAKE - Portrait of YESHUA
►in the SURVIVOR Flower, also known as the "RESURRECTION"
http://www.walkingtorah.org/the-six-pointed-star-and-the-g…/

Hieronymus

Jan 12, 2016
the Hague NL
✟69,862.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
f695e6bf88cc7f1ecd238cebd243bd66.jpg

Upvote 0

CodyFaith

Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2016
Canada
✟158,594.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
When I was going through a Jewish phase, I always thought it meant God's unconditional love, the upwards triangle representing God's love, the downwards representing yourself. As well I've heard it representing te soul connection between man and God, and other things.

Now that I'm a Christian I struggle with it, because unconditional love is only promised to Christians, not to every Jewish person, so why would it be adopted only for a symbol for Jews, and, most importantly, where is Jesus in those promises?

I'll stick with the cross.

Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
When I was going through a Jewish phase, I always thought it meant God's unconditional love, the upwards triangle representing God's love, the downwards representing yourself. As well I've heard it representing te soul connection between man and God, and other things.

Now that I'm a Christian I struggle with it, because unconditional love is only promised to Christians, not to every Jewish person, so why would it be adopted only for a symbol for Jews, and, most importantly, where is Jesus in those promises?

Even Yeshua is found in the promises of Ol'... the promises are the same... the understanding has developed more because of His coming the first time. ..

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

gadar perets

Messianic Hebrew
May 11, 2016
NC
Visit site
✟130,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
If Yeshua was killed by hanging him from a tree by the neck with a rope, would we have a hangman's noose as a symbol of our faith? Israel turned the brazen serpent on a pole into an idolatrous symbol (2 Kings 18:4). Christianity has done the same to the cross. We see it hanging everywhere and people pray to it even if an image of "Jesus" is not on it. We are to worship the Father in "spirit" without objects to aid us and possibly direct our worship away from Him and to the object.

Upvote 0

daq

Messianic
Jan 26, 2012
Devarim 11:21
Visit site
✟113,468.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Google "star of Moloch"
It has nothing to do with David, but Solomon fell for what it symbolises.
It's also known as the seal of Solomon.

It's has occultic and satanic origins. We shouldn't use it or display it. It has nothing to do with David.

Twinkle, twinkle, little star . . .

The star is the flash of the blade facing the sun while looking down over the neck of the victim just before slitting its throat for sacrifice. For those who see all things physical, natural, and carnal, according to the eyes and mind of the flesh man old sin nature, (as Paul says), the commandments are used for nothing more than to please their own god: and according to the scripture their god is their belly.

Acts 7:43 Nestle GNT 1904
43 καὶ ἀνελάβετε τὴν σκηνὴν τοῦ Μολὸχ καὶ τὸ ἄστρον τοῦ θεοῦ Ῥομφά, τοὺς τύπους οὓς ἐποιήσατε προσκυνεῖν αὐτοῖς; καὶ μετοικιῶ ὑμᾶς ἐπέκεινα Βαβυλῶνος.

Acts 7:43 W/H 1881
43 καὶ ἀνελάβετε τὴν σκηνὴν τοῦ Μολόχ καὶ τὸ ἄστρον τοῦ θεοῦ Ῥομφά, τοὺς τύπους οὓς ἐποιήσατε προσκυνεῖν αὐτοῖς. καὶ μετοικιῶ ὑμᾶς ἐπέκεινα Βαβυλῶνος.

http://biblehub.com/text/acts/7-43.htm

rhomphaia.png

Jeremiah 7:21-33 RNKJV
7:21 Thus saith YHWH of hosts, the Elohim of Israel; Put your burnt offerings unto your sacrifices, and eat flesh.
7:22 For I spake not unto your fathers, nor commanded them in the day that I brought them out of the land of Egypt, concerning burnt offerings or sacrifices:
7:23 But this thing commanded I them, saying, Obey my voice, and I will be your Elohim, and ye shall be my people: and walk ye in all the ways that I have commanded you, that it may be well unto you.
7:24 But they hearkened not, nor inclined their ear, but walked in the counsels and in the imagination of their evil heart, and went backward, and not forward.
7:25 Since the day that your fathers came forth out of the land of Egypt unto this day I have even sent unto you all my servants the prophets, daily rising up early and sending them:
7:26 Yet they hearkened not unto me, nor inclined their ear, but hardened their neck: they did worse than their fathers.
7:27 Therefore thou shalt speak all these words unto them; but they will not hearken to thee: thou shalt also call unto them; but they will not answer thee.
7:28 But thou shalt say unto them, This is a nation that obeyeth not the voice of YHWH their Elohim, nor receiveth correction: truth is perished, and is cut off from their mouth.
7:29 Cut off thine hair, O Jerusalem, and cast it away, and take up a lamentation on high places; for YHWH hath rejected and forsaken the generation of his wrath.
7:30 For the children of Judah have done evil in my sight, saith YHWH: they have set their abominations in the house which is called by my name, to pollute it.
7:31 And they have built the high places of Tophet, which is in the valley of the son of Hinnom, to burn their sons and their daughters in the fire; which I commanded them not, neither came it into my heart.
7:32 Therefore, behold, the days come, saith YHWH, that it shall no more be called Tophet, nor the valley of the son of Hinnom, but the valley of slaughter: for they shall bury in Tophet, till there be no place.
7:33 And the carcases of this people shall be meat for the fowls of the heaven, and for the beasts of the earth; and none shall fray them away.

http://yahushua.net/scriptures/jere07.htm

Philippians 3:18-19
18 For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Messiah:
19 Whose end is destruction, whose god is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame, who mind earthly things.

Fill up your sacrifices, yea, slaughter those hamburgers and steaks: kill the living creatures of the true Elohim and eat them with their blood, you are now justified, and can eat anything and everything that creeps or moves according to your own hand picked favorite interpretations of the scriptures: how can that be satanic or occultic, right? Tophet is ordained of old but now it is called the valley of slaughter. :D

"Twinkle, twinkle, little star; hurry rhompha, O so hungry we are!" ^_^

Last edited:
Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
Can you explain this point in more detail?
POMEGRANATE - Portrait of YESHUA in the role of High Priest

God chose the Pomegranate to be at the on the High Priest outfit. The robe was decorated with pomegranates that were made from three materials: sky-blue, dark-red and crimson dyed wools. "On the bottom of the robe, you shall make pomegranates of sky-blue, dark-red and crimson dyed wool." (Ex. 28:33)

Why?
The idea that Aaron had to have bells and pomegranates around the hem of his robe as a safety feature so that he wouldn’t die because the sound would keep him safe while going in and out of the temple is really strange. This should tip us off that there is some symbolism here that is supposed to teach us about Yeshua.

Pomegranates have a six sided hexagram end.
images

There are four chambers
images
like a heart.

The seeds are separated into six sections.
images

Bells were used to catch the attention of the ears.. to hear and the pomegranate is a fruit, but in the case of using it on the High Priest garment. The arrangement of bells alternating around the hem of Aaron’s robe also gives us a sort of symbolic film strip of Yeshua’s life—bell, pomegranate, bell, pomegranate—prayer, life, prayer, life—to show us that Yeshua stayed spiritually alive because of prayer. The Hebrew word for “pomegranate” is Ramam, which means “to rise up” or “to be mounted up.”

It is said that there are 613 seeds in the perfect pomegranate. I don't know if that is true or not but it does lend itself to the picture of why the pomegranate was used on the garment. The pomegranate is red like the blood of Yeshua covers all 613 [seeds]. One thing is for sure, for some reason, pomegranates were part of the high priest’s robes.

1 Kings 7:42 And four hundred pomegranates for the two networks, even two rows of pomegranates for one network, to cover the two bowls of the chapters that were upon the pillars;

Even the temple pillars that Solomon built that had pomegranates as part of their decoration. In Song of Solomon 4:3, Solomon describes his bride’s “temples are like a piece of a pomegranate within thy locks.”

Solomon uses the pomegranate theme for temples to show fertility of the mind, where good seed is planted and a harvest is sure. The pomegranate fruit, in relation to our temples, signifies that it is now the “fruit of the Spirit” that controls our lives (mounts or raises us up or above) rather than the lust of the flesh. The phrase “within thy locks” shows that she bears spiritual fruit that is veiled and hidden from the world for only the Lord to behold.

It was suppose to invoke thoughts are on what is pure, lovely, and of good report. A pure mind is to be the true bride, with the mental state that matches the King’s. Here the Holy Spirit finds a welcome depository for “things that are to come.” Yeshua is looking for such a bride.

Jer 52:21 And concerning the pillars, the height of one pillar was eighteen cubits; and a fillet of twelve cubits did compass it; and the thickness thereof was four fingers: it was hollow. 22 And a chapter of brass was upon it; and the height of one chapter was five cubits, with network and pomegranates upon the chapters round about, all of brass. The second pillar also and the pomegranates were like unto these. 23 And there were ninety and six pomegranates on a side; and all the pomegranates upon the network were an hundred round about.

These may have been the ideas that the Lord wanted to evoke by placing pomegranate decorations on the high priests robes. We all know that all the symbolism in the temple, the priests, the services, the feasts, all pointed to Yeshua in one form or anther.... even down to the smallest detail. Some believe it was because the pomegranate was believed to be the “original forbidden fruit” in the Garden of Eden.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

gadar perets

Messianic Hebrew
May 11, 2016
NC
Visit site
✟130,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
POMEGRANATE - Portrait of YESHUA in the role of High Priest

God chose the Pomegranate to be at the on the High Priest outfit. The robe was decorated with pomegranates that were made from three materials: sky-blue, dark-red and crimson dyed wools. "On the bottom of the robe, you shall make pomegranates of sky-blue, dark-red and crimson dyed wool." (Ex. 28:33)

Why?
The idea that Aaron had to have bells and pomegranates around the hem of his robe as a safety feature so that he wouldn’t die because the sound would keep him safe while going in and out of the temple is really strange. This should tip us off that there is some symbolism here that is supposed to teach us about Yeshua.

Pomegranates have a six sided hexagram end.
images

There are four chambers
images
like a heart.

The seeds are separated into six sections.
pomegranate.jpg

Bells were used to catch the attention of the ears.. to hear and the pomegranate is a fruit, but in the case of using it on the High Priest garment. The arrangement of bells alternating around the hem of Aaron’s robe also gives us a sort of symbolic film strip of Yeshua’s life—bell, pomegranate, bell, pomegranate—prayer, life, prayer, life—to show us that Yeshua stayed spiritually alive because of prayer. The Hebrew word for “pomegranate” is Ramam, which means “to rise up” or “to be mounted up.”

It is said that there are 613 seeds in the perfect pomegranate. I don't know if that is true or not but it does lend itself to the picture of why the pomegranate was used on the garment. The pomegranate is red like the blood of Yeshua covers all 613 [seeds]. One thing is for sure, for some reason, pomegranates were part of the high priest’s robes.

1 Kings 7:42 And four hundred pomegranates for the two networks, even two rows of pomegranates for one network, to cover the two bowls of the chapters that were upon the pillars;

Even the temple pillars that Solomon built that had pomegranates as part of their decoration. In Song of Solomon 4:3, Solomon describes his bride’s “temples are like a piece of a pomegranate within thy locks.”

Solomon uses the pomegranate theme for temples to show fertility of the mind, where good seed is planted and a harvest is sure. The pomegranate fruit, in relation to our temples, signifies that it is now the “fruit of the Spirit” that controls our lives (mounts or raises us up or above) rather than the lust of the flesh. The phrase “within thy locks” shows that she bears spiritual fruit that is veiled and hidden from the world for only the Lord to behold.

It was suppose to invoke thoughts are on what is pure, lovely, and of good report. A pure mind is to be the true bride, with the mental state that matches the King’s. Here the Holy Spirit finds a welcome depository for “things that are to come.” Yeshua is looking for such a bride.

Jer 52:21 And concerning the pillars, the height of one pillar was eighteen cubits; and a fillet of twelve cubits did compass it; and the thickness thereof was four fingers: it was hollow. 22 And a chapter of brass was upon it; and the height of one chapter was five cubits, with network and pomegranates upon the chapters round about, all of brass. The second pillar also and the pomegranates were like unto these. 23 And there were ninety and six pomegranates on a side; and all the pomegranates upon the network were an hundred round about.

These may have been the ideas that the Lord wanted to evoke by placing pomegranate decorations on the high priests robes. We all know that all the symbolism in the temple, the priests, the services, the feasts, all pointed to Yeshua in one form or anther.... even down to the smallest detail. Some believe it was because the pomegranate was believed to be the “original forbidden fruit” in the Garden of Eden.
Thanks. I understood most of that. I just wasn't understanding how you were equating the "star of David" with the pomegranate. Ok, it has "a six sided hexagram end". I sincerely doubt that the star symbol had its origin in the end of a pomegranate.

>>The seeds are separated into six sections.

The picture shows five sections.

It seems to me that people are just seeking to find hexagrams in nature and then equating them with the star. I don't see the connection. The honeycomb has six sides. It is not a six-pointed star. Snowflakes come in a vast array of shapes, but I have yet to see one that looks like the "star of David". Some Lily of the Valley flowers have eight petals. The Survivor Flower usually has five petals, but sometimes multiple layers of petals. Under a microscope, one can see a "star of David" shape in the cell walls of the root, but that certainly could not be the origin of that star since Israel could not see it with the naked eye.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

daq

Messianic
Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
✟113,468.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Maybe ???

hammered-gold-menorah3.gif

Zechariah 4:8-10 RNKJV
4:8 Moreover the word of YHWH came unto me, saying,
4:9 The hands of Zerubbabel have laid the foundation of this house; his hands shall also finish it; and thou shalt know that YHWH of hosts hath sent me unto you.

4:10 For who hath despised the day of small things? for they shall rejoice, and shall see the plummet in the hand of Zerubbabel with those seven; they are the eyes of YHWH, which run to and fro through the whole earth.

Zechariah 4:8 LXX
8 και εγενετο λογος κυριου προς με λεγων

Upvote 0

gadar perets

Messianic Hebrew
May 11, 2016
NC
Visit site
✟130,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Maybe ???

hammered-gold-menorah3.gif

Zechariah 4:8-10 RNKJV
4:8 Moreover the word of YHWH came unto me, saying,
4:9 The hands of Zerubbabel have laid the foundation of this house; his hands shall also finish it; and thou shalt know that YHWH of hosts hath sent me unto you.

4:10 For who hath despised the day of small things? for they shall rejoice, and shall see the plummet in the hand of Zerubbabel with those seven; they are the eyes of YHWH, which run to and fro through the whole earth.

Zechariah 4:8 LXX
8 και εγενετο λογος κυριου προς με λεγων

It seems to me that the top view of that Menorah would look like this:

upload_2016-6-11_10-4-30.png

The base is a hexagon upon a hexagon.

Upvote 0

daq

Messianic
Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
✟113,468.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
It seems to me that the top view of that Menorah would look like this:

View attachment 176042
The base is a hexagon upon a hexagon.

Not in this context:

Revelation 1:12-16 ASV
12 And I turned to see the voice that spake with me. And having turned I saw seven golden candlesticks;
13 and in the midst of the candlesticks one like unto a son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about at the breasts with a golden girdle.
14 And his head and his hair were white as white wool, white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire;
15 and his feet like unto burnished brass, as if it had been refined in a furnace; and his voice as the voice of many waters.
16 And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth proceeded a sharp two-edged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength.

Revelation 1:20 ASV
20 the mystery of the seven stars which thou sawest in my right hand, and the seven golden candlesticks. The seven stars are the angels [ha-Elohim] of the seven churches: and the seven candlesticks are seven churches.

Those seven are the seven Spirits before the throne: the eyes of the Father which are always upon His Land, even from the beginning of the year unto the end of the year, (Deuteronomy 11:12). The first is likely Uriel, (Light or Flame of El).

Reactions: visionary
Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
Thanks. I understood most of that. I just wasn't understanding how you were equating the "star of David" with the pomegranate. Ok, it has "a six sided hexagram end". I sincerely doubt that the star symbol had its origin in the end of a pomegranate.

>>The seeds are separated into six sections.

The picture shows five sections.

It seems to me that people are just seeking to find hexagrams in nature and then equating them with the star. I don't see the connection. The honeycomb has six sides. It is not a six-pointed star. Snowflakes come in a vast array of shapes, but I have yet to see one that looks like the "star of David". Some Lily of the Valley flowers have eight petals. The Survivor Flower usually has five petals, but sometimes multiple layers of petals. Under a microscope, one can see a "star of David" shape in the cell walls of the root, but that certainly could not be the origin of that star since Israel could not see it with the naked eye.
I would like you to come up with a reason that God had chosen the pomegranate as a part of the priest's robe.

I am not saying this is the reason. I am just looking for all the connections. And we know God doesn't do anything without a in depth reason.

So we can look at the face value and say God like the color and shape and that is the reason He said put the pomegranate on the hem. But we should know better, because especially in the temple, on the priests, in the services, on all objects used, and in the law there are more than just the P of the PARDES of why God does things.

Reactions: Lulav
Upvote 0