timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,932.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Keep in mind that most of money is being used to fuel the most wicked and evil organizations on Earth.

It's been like that since the time of Jesus. Thus if you love money, you therefore hate God (regardless of what you say about God).

This is probably the reason why Jesus did not make money come out of the ground to help the poor.

I'm NOT saying we should give up our money or quit our jobs. But it is where we spend our money which makes a difference whether we help the kingdom of the Devil or the Kingdom of God.

There is no magical formula to make a worldly spending habit become a Godly activity. It only shows you don't love God - as the Bible says.

Many Christians think it can. They are standing up for money because the Bible says no thing.

Many Christians would tell me to mind my own business at this point. But the Bible cannot be silenced in this matter.

Think twice if you choose to defend money in this topic or make fun / slander this thread. Especially if you are a Christian and claim to follow the ways of Christ.

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Money is what God can use for His good.

But what is the real money?

"'So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth;
. It shall not return to Me void,
. But it shall accomplish what I please,
. And it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it.'"

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .(Isaiah 55:11)

So, I see from this, how God's word is God's money for making God's thing happen.

Money might be used to make a human's thing happen . . . or to help make God's thing happen . . . according to His word :)

But, also, we have 1 Timothy 2:1-4 which says what to do, "first of all". So, from this scripture, I would say prayer can be included in making God's thing happen - - - what no amount of money can buy.

And one kiss with my sweetie, in God's love, can do me more good,
. . .than billions of universes of gold and silver could.

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟961,395.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't understand the intent of the OP.

Loving money is bad. So is using money for wicked endeavors.

Breadwinning is good. So is using money for Godly endeavors.

Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,012,814.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Money can have many advantages. It can help put food on your table and clothes on your back. It can help those less well off.

Its only when people put money and greed together that it becomes evil

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Keep in mind that most of money is being used to fuel the most wicked and evil organizations on Earth.

It's been like that since the time of Jesus. Thus if you love money, you therefore hate God (regardless of what you say about God).

This is probably the reason why Jesus did not make money come out of the ground to help the poor.

I'm NOT saying we should give up our money or quit our jobs. But it is where we spend our money which makes a difference whether we help the kingdom of the Devil or the Kingdom of God.

There is no magical formula to make a worldly spending habit become a Godly activity. It only shows you don't love God - as the Bible says.

Many Christians think it can. They are standing up for money because the Bible says no thing.

Many Christians would tell me to mind my own business at this point. But the Bible cannot be silenced in this matter.

Think twice if you choose to defend money in this topic or make fun / slander this thread. Especially if you are a Christian and claim to follow the ways of Christ.

-What is the characteristics of one who love money? How would you recognize them?

-Is there are why that one, you works hard, can satisfy your conscience? For it seems that if he buys things, you would think negatively of him, and if he stop caring about the money and desired no items....it would accumulate to large sums in the bank and, if you got a glance at the numbers, this would also offend you.

-You talk about using money too build God's kingdom. God's kingdom is not of this world....so how do you presume to use "mammon" to help build it?

Upvote 0

AlexDTX

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
✟328,934.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

I understand the sentiment, but I think your post is too simple. Money is a form of trade. Trading with people is necessary and practical. No one can make all things by themselves. We trade our goods to those who need our goods for the goods they have that we need.

Obviously, trading cows for tractors is awkward. Money was created as a means to simplify such transactions. Gary North has written an outstanding book explaining money, called, "Honest Money: The Biblical Blueprint for Money and Banking".

In it he explains the 5 elements that are needed for anything to be used as money.

1. Divisibility
2. Portability
3. Durability
4. Recognizability
5. Scarcity (high value in relation to volume and weight)

For example, cigarettes in prison are used for money because they have all 5 elements. You break cigarettes in half (divisibility); you can carry them in your pocket (portability); as long as they are not smoked or crushed (durability); most inmates smoke so see the value in them (recognizability); and because the point in having cigarettes is to smoke them (scarcity) they disappear thus have high value.

I am sure your point thread is addressing greed and the love of money that gives power over others. These are definitely evil use of money. But money is amoral in that it is simply a tool for transactions.

You warn us not to defend nor make fun of the topic. No one is going to defend greed & lust for power which is the abuse of money, but you are mistaken to think we can live easily with out it. We can live without it, for sure, but we can not live without trade. And trading objects is much harder to do.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Money can have many advantages. It can help put food on your table and clothes on your back. It can help those less well off.

Its only when people put money and greed together that it becomes evil
Pieces of paper, or numbers in a bank account can never become evil.. Evil and greed, will always lie in the minds of Men. Money is just another excuse for exercising it.

Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,012,814.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Pieces of paper, or numbers in a bank account can never become evil.. Evil and greed, will always lie in the minds of Men. Money is just another excuse for exercising it.

Money and greed i said in my post. Greed comes from man.

Upvote 0

topher694

Go Turtle!
Jan 29, 2019
St. Cloud, MN
✟187,060.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Bible has a lot to say about pride and being judgmental too.

• Useful
Reactions: RaymondG
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do a bible search of the terms money, mammon. You can get a pretty good idea what God thinks about it.
Why would one, who doesnt give a care for money, search the bible for it? To condemn others? One who truly doesn't care about money, also doesnt care about how much of it their neighbors have.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Why would one, who doesnt give a care for money, search the bible for it? To condemn others? One who truly doesn't care about money, also doesnt care about how much of it their neighbors have.

Money is very important, not to be dismissed.

I believe everyone should seek to attain their financial comfort level. Then they don't have to think or worry about it so much. If not it will always be on one's mind.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Money does not store value. It depreciates if you store it.

Not if you store it in an investment instrument. But regardless, money always has purchasing power, unless of course the currency fails.

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Not if you store it in an investment instrument.

That is not storing it; that is using it. When using money as an investment it may gain or it may lose value. Normally it does both over time and one hopes that when one needs to use it elsewhere it has gained more than it has lost. If one stores money, it will almost always be worth less than when it was put away.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
That is not storing it; that is using it. When using money as an investment it may gain or it may lose value. Normally it does both over time and one hopes that when one needs to use it elsewhere it has gained more than it has lost. If one stores money, it will almost always be worth less than when it was put away.

That's not what the term means.

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives

I believe that a shift is coming.....
"The Lord is now preparing courageous leaders who
will be willing to fight a spiritual civil war in order to set men free.
The main issue, as in the American Civil War, will be slavery versus
freedom. The secondary issue, which will be the primary issue for some,
will be money

Just as the American Civil War at time looked like it would destroy the entire
nation, that which is coming upon the church will sometimes appear as if it will
bring the end of the church. However, just as the United States not only
survived but went on to become the most powerful nation on earth, the same
is going to happen to the church. The church will not be destroyed, but the institutions
and doctrines that have kept men in spiritual slavery will be" (Rick Joyner, The Vision, page 39)

I tried to give people some background here:

My 2006, my 2008 and my 2004 campaign writings by DennisTate.

Upvote 0