Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Except I didn't say that it isn't the same flag because it now has 50 stars, did I? Perhaps you should try what is written. The current flag wasn't adopted until 1960, so it wouldn't have been official before then.

Using your reasoning, we would be responsible for any atroThe cities committed against Native Americans by any predecessor nations whose land we now control by either purchase or conquest. That would make the US responsible for anything done by Sweden, the Netherlands, Russia, France, Spain, Mexico and the United Kingdom. I don't think so.

You also ignored my statement that Native Americans have served in the US military to a higher ratio per capita than any other ethnic group. The vast majority of them don't see the US flag as being oppressive. As I said before, my grandmother, who was half Shoshone, was proud to fly the US flag.

No, Civil War statues of Confederate leaders honor men who were traitors, who violated oaths that they had taken to preserve, uphold and defend the Constitution of the United States. Many of them were put up by racist organizations, some specifically to intimidate blacks. Such statues only belong on battlefields, where they help explain what happened, or at burial sites.

That's right, take the simple understanding an extrapolate it into oblivion, then you can claim victory.......Good Job.

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
That's right, take the simple understanding an extrapolate it into oblivion, then you can claim victory.......Good Job.
You didn’t address what I said. Of course I can claim victory.

• Optimistic
Reactions: JIMINZ
Upvote 0

Christian Sonic Fan

Metal for life!
Jun 13, 2020
Pearisburg, Giles Country, Virginia
✟18,134.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I'm going to put a statue of Barny and Kermit the Frog up because they didn't own slaves and take down the ones of Joe Smoe because he did.

The logic in this stuff is hilarious. We really are on the verge of another civil war.

We midaswell add it to this list now

List of wars involving the United States - Wikipedia

• Agree
Reactions: Archivist
Upvote 0

fewme

Apr 7, 2020
south
✟20,069.00
Country
Spain
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm going to put a statue of Barny and Kermit the Frog up because they didn't own slaves and take down the ones of Joe Smoe because he did.
]

I'd suggest King Peter, Queen Susan, King Edmund and Queen Lucy

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Oh please, please, victory, in an Internet forum, come on, it's 1997 again? Let it flow
Try reading the post to which I was responding, the one that didn’t address anything that I said, the one that said I could claim victory.

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I did. Not that I did particularly like either.
I was just doing what that person said to do. I don’t care whether you like it or not. Perhaps you should instead respond to what I said in post 20 since you don’t like my claim of victory.

Upvote 0

fewme

Apr 7, 2020
south
✟20,069.00
Country
Spain
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I was just doing what that person said to do. I don’t care whether you like it or not. Perhaps you should instead respond to what I said in post 20 since you don’t like my claim of victory.
I don't like _any_ claims of victory.

And worry not, for every two debate victories over the internet and 100 cents, they give you a dollar

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I don't like _any_ claims of victory.

And worry not, for every two debate victories over the internet and 100 cents, they give you a dollar
Conversation ended. I see you are fairly new here. Your posts are off topic.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SoldierOfTheKing

Christian Spenglerian
Jan 6, 2006
Kenmore, WA
✟278,567.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Grant’s war record was despicable. He showed little regard for the lives of his own troops, and he burned numerous American cities to the ground.

Yet I oppose his statue’s removal. It’s not for me, or anybody else, to tell Southerners how to remember the Civil War, and if San Francisco wants to put up a statue to Grant, that is their choice.

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Grant’s war record was despicable. He showed little regard for the lives of his own troops, and he burned numerous American cities to the ground.

Grant had a high number of causalities. He knew that the Union could replace lost me, the south could not. He essentially ran Lee out of soldiers.

I think you are confusing Grant and Sherman. It was Sherman who burned Atlanta and other southern cities. Richmond burned after Grant captured it, but that fire was actually started by retreating Confederate troops who didn't want the north to capture cotton and tobacco in warehouses. Once the fire started it spread quickly and destroyed much of the city.

Yet I oppose his statue’s removal. It’s not for me, or anybody else, to tell Southerners how to remember the Civil War, and if San Francisco wants to put up a statue to Grant, that is their choice.

I don't think any statue should be removed illegally.

Upvote 0