Visit site
✟95,591.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
No but the plan is to put a bunch of birdseed on his car LOL... They were at work for 11 hrs today for a flight that took 1.5 hrs only because maintenance can't get their heads out of you know where and kept lying to the training officer... They claimed the plane was fine and ready to go starting at 8:30 this morning. The first time they walked was about 1pm, oops, wing doesn't fold out... back out, walked again two hours later... switches missing in the plane..., out waited another few hours and finally took off about 30mins before it would have been too late and even then the plane had no radar, oxygen system didn't work right and some other cooling system not working... I mean where do they dig up these folks???

From the same place they dig up Lt. Colonel Army doctors who are affraid to bait the worm on a hook while fishing. (Come on Jennie, I am sure you remember THAT story?!)

Upvote 0

Photini

Gone.
Jun 24, 2003
✟18,808.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
well i thought this was just a thread for hanging around, not getting too serious.

motivatorcat.jpg

Reactions: Michael G
Upvote 0

E.C.

Jan 12, 2007
✟135,955.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Before I graduated, I would merely walk across the street, wait half an hour and take the bus up to work and bus tables.

Now, I am at home most of the day, I work in the evenings washing dishes, the rest of the family is working and I have no license. I spend about two and a half hours of my days just getting to work! (four mile walk plus the bus ride and wait for the bus). Although I miss bussing tables at times the dishwashing has been fairly beneficial because when things get crazy, I take a deep breath, start saying the Jesus Prayer and go into auto pilot. :)

See, if I were bussing tables instead I would not have had the time to think of saying the Jesus Prayer... yeah!

The point to all this? I try to see the bright side of things.

Upvote 0

Michael G

Abe Frohmann
Feb 22, 2004
Six-burgh, Pa
Visit site
✟95,591.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Grooming a cocker spaniel puppy is SO much fun! NOT! I just clipped her dome and her back (cocker sport/utility clip) and there was a TON of hair. Being this was her first hair cut (she is 8 months old) she was not too thrilled with the clippers. She did much better with the bath.

Upvote 0

Barky

Site Supporter
Mar 21, 2008
Philadelphia, USA
✟24,242.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Interesting weekend for me. My cousin (who is a nun in the Roman Church) visited home this weekend. She is staying for two weeks on an unexpected leave and luckily I got into town to see her this weekend. Of course, my current conversion to Orthodoxy came up.

Now, having your cousin who is a nun trying to convert you back is an interesting thing. Not to mention we were at a birthday party for one of my other cousins (we have a big family, 9 kids on my mom's side with lots of cousins). I have to admit I was feeling a little insecure after the talk we had. She seemed very happy with where she was and the faith she has dedicated her life to. I went to the Liturgy the next day. Watching the elevation of the cross was a truly wonderful experience, the liturgical hymns and readings all of the cross. There was also a memorial for some recently departed in the church (it's not a memorial, I forget the name, where the priest prays for God to remember them in His kingdom), and a dedication of a baby (forget the formal name of this too, where the priest carries the child around the altar). A long Liturgy, but a blessed one.

I then went to the Catholic mass with my family later that evening. Rome celebrates the elevation of the cross at the same time the Orthodox do. The only thing that was different was a brief mentioning of the day at the beginning. The readings didn't reflect the cross, the homily was on tithing, and it just felt empty. This secured me in the Orthodox more than ever. Rome has lost so much in the schism!

Lord have mercy on me

Upvote 0

E.C.

Jan 12, 2007
✟135,955.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Now, having your cousin who is a nun trying to convert you back is an interesting thing.
I hear you there.

My old RC parish had a renovation and quasi-restoration about four years ago (they kept the High Altar). My family and I have not been there since before the renovation. Well, my dad still has some people he knows that work for the parish and a couple of years after the renovation we were visiting a few of the workers in the parish's office. My dad made the mistake of saying "We became Orthodox" at the beginning and later asked if he could see the church, the friend's response was "Well, its open on Sundays".

!

(What's that line from a Foreigner song? She's as Cold as Ice!)

I then went to the Catholic mass with my family later that evening. Rome celebrates the elevation of the cross at the same time the Orthodox do. The only thing that was different was a brief mentioning of the day at the beginning. The readings didn't reflect the cross, the homily was on tithing, and it just felt empty. This secured me in the Orthodox more than ever. Rome has lost so much in the schism!

Lord have mercy on me
And that is their loss.:)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Michael G

Abe Frohmann
Feb 22, 2004
Six-burgh, Pa
Visit site
✟95,591.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
All this talk about meat is making me want steak.

I was watching that show "Taboo" on the Discovery Channel the other day...didn't know they eat horse in France.

I had a t-bone for dinner last night.

Upvote 0

Khaleas

Also known as Jenn the Finn :)
Feb 2, 2005
Virginia
✟9,581.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I had a t-bone for dinner last night.

We went out to dinner for our anniversary today (a fair share ahead of time because we're both going to be gone then), steak for the man, lobster for me... :yum:

Oh yea, and lobsters SCREEEEEAAAAAM when you cook them! ;):D

Upvote 0

Michael G

Abe Frohmann
Feb 22, 2004
Six-burgh, Pa
Visit site
✟95,591.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
We went out to dinner for our anniversary today (a fair share ahead of time because we're both going to be gone then), steak for the man, lobster for me... :yum:

Oh yea, and lobsters SCREEEEEAAAAAM when you cook them! ;):D

Yum, steak. I had chicken marsala for dinner, she had some italian dish. Lobsters scream, hmmm, I might have to try them.

From the other thread, it looks like environmentalists scream obscenities when they are proven wrong. I wonder if I can duplicate the results again and again?

Upvote 0

-Kyriaki-

seeking answers in stillness
Sep 30, 2002
South Australia
Visit site
✟23,127.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
*pokes Michael*

be nice.

Assignment...well, assignment GOES! *does happy dance*

I finally got the motivation up at 4AM LAST NIGHT and went to be at 8, got up at 1 and have been working since. Almost done. I can almost taste it...

Also, I have delicious swiss cheese.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Gwenyfur

Legend
Dec 18, 2004
Everywhere
✟66,698.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Constitution
32 oz veggie stock
2 eggplant
2-3 yellow zucchinni (based on size)
diced tomatoes
1 chopped green bell pepper
1 chopped onion
1 cup chopped celery
cajun seasonings to taste
1 pound of rice (I don't use instant, but you can if you like :))
You can add just about any veggies you like, sometimes I'll add carrots or green beans...it's jambalaya...a pot of stuff and rice ;)

let it simmer until it's all tender :)

for the meatie version use chicken broth and chicken instead of egglplant and zucchinni...

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.