Visit site
✟95,591.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I love how the D/L gets stuck in my head and I sing parts of it to myself all week long!

Holy God, Holy Mighty One, Holy Immortal One.....have mercy on us.
I used to get the DL stuck in my mind in Slavonic and would sing parts of it in slavonic all week long. But, alas, I can't spell slavonic so I won't even attempt to...

Upvote 0

nutroll

Veteran
Apr 26, 2006
Boise, ID
Visit site
✟280,660.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Morning all!

So all morning I've had the following running through my head:

Holy God, Holy Mighty, Holy Immortal, Have mercy on us.

I think it must have come on last night while I was listening to Ancient Faith Radio while reading before bed. But all morning its been on a continous loop in my head. Guess it definitely isn't the worst thing to have stuck in your head. ;)
What's really bad is when your church has a version of Christ is Risen that is a really horrible arrangement, and that's the one that gets stuck in your head instead of all the beautiful ones. We have one that sounds like a military march of some kind. I don't even want to think about it too much for fear that I will be singing it all day...

Upvote 0

SeraphimSarov

Пресвятая Богородица, спаси нас...
Feb 16, 2007
Nowhere
✟36,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Celibate
The Taverna on page 2???????

Was it Taverna on page 2 in 19thc Russia?

...and they all replied....???
orthosmilie.gif

Upvote 0

Photios

Veteran
Feb 26, 2005
Soddy-Daisy, TN
✟8,988.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Well, I guess that I should admit, for those who haven't noticed, after about three months, I'm back.... ish.

I can only post when I'm at work, and that only leaves me an hour or so, on those nights I can get to it. Otherwise, it's those rare chances when I'm at someone else's place.

Upvote 0

Khaleas

Also known as Jenn the Finn :)
Feb 2, 2005
Virginia
✟9,581.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
HI there! With all the slamming doors here lately I can't keep track anymore... Plus I try to not spend my whole day on TAW anymore LOL...

I started working with a personal trainer today. Time to bid the 'happily married poundage' goodbye! I'm sore... my muscles are like HUH??? Totally glad I scheduled a massage tomorrow...

Upvote 0

Breaking Babylon

Who is this King of glory?
Site Supporter
Jan 1, 2006
West Virginia
✟58,374.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I can relate to being sore. I'm doing my first actual labor job now, warehouse work, but I'm actually loving it. I'm not the type of guy who would ever pay for a massage, but a sauna sure has been sounding nice lately.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Khaleas

Also known as Jenn the Finn :)
Feb 2, 2005
Virginia
✟9,581.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I can relate to being sore. I'm doing my first actual labor job now, warehouse work, but I'm actually loving it. I'm not the type of guy who would ever pay for a massage, but a sauna sure has been sounding nice lately.
My significant other is just lazy on the giving massage front so he coughs up the cash instead... :) Plus I'm lucky, we have a great massage theraphy school here so you can get rather cheap massages with the higher level students. Like half of what I paid in the Baltimore area.
OK, really time to drag up aching body up the stairs now...

Upvote 0

Breaking Babylon

Who is this King of glory?
Site Supporter
Jan 1, 2006
West Virginia
✟58,374.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
My significant other is just lazy on the giving massage front so he coughs up the cash instead... :) Plus I'm lucky, we have a great massage theraphy school here so you can get rather cheap massages with the higher level students. Like half of what I paid in the Baltimore area.
OK, really time to drag up aching body up the stairs now...
That's awesome. You're basically the luckiest guinea pig in the world. ;)

I used a chainsaw for the first time today, and I still have all my fingers, toes, and internal organs! On the downside, I'm sore from doing yard work all day today....
I don't know what's wrong with me. I've been waking up sore for the last few days and I'm loving it.

I think I'm a fiend for the endorphine rush. There's something about doing a full day of work that makes you feel really good. Like seriously, I'm not nearly as irritable as I can be, and I have more energy than usual, imagine that.

Maybe I'm young and naive. :p

Reactions: MariaRegina
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Philothei

Love never fails
Nov 4, 2006
Northeast, USA
✟68,179.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
As a reminder of tomorrow's fast day... I present to you... Mr Reindeer...

402218.jpg
Hi all! I think most of us here will not eat deer even on a non-fasting days? Am I right? Well, I am so tired from my vacation that I need another one to make up for the fist one.

God bless,
Philothei

Upvote 0

disasm

Jun 19, 2007
Howard, PA
Visit site
✟16,089.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hi all! I think most of us here will not eat deer even on a non-fasting days? Am I right? Well, I am so tired from my vacation that I need another one to make up for the fist one.

God bless,
Philothei
mmm... venison. We can have it Thursday right? In answer to your question, venison is my favorite meat, so why wouldn't I eat it?

Sam

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.